WRX vs WS6 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs WS6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by zoophagy Unless it is a WS6 that is pre-1998. Then it is an LT1. The WS6 "Ram ...

Originally posted by zoophagy
    Unless it is a WS6 that is pre-1998. Then it is an LT1. The WS6 "Ram Air" option was available on 1996 and 1997 Trans Ams and Formulae (LT1 coupes in 1996 and 1997 and LT1 convertibles in 1997).
    was it an actual ws-6 though? I wasnt aware the Lt1 ram air versions had the upgraded suspension also. (or was that just on the new ws-6's where the suspension was introduced?)

btw: I saw you on TV zoo! well, atleast I thought it was you. It was MTV room raiders and this dude looked exactly like you. it was uncanny. but then I saw that he was from Miami. So it couldnt have been you
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    It was the WS6 option code that you checked, and I know that you definitely got the hood and the 17" rims. I am not entirely sure about the rest of the suspension modifications, though.

I would have liked to have seen that episode on TV. I don't have a TV, though, much less cable, so I guess I'll have to do without. My pictures are out of date, as well. My hair's shorter now, and spiked up. I think I am going to shave my head completely and grow it back blond. This is all relevant to the topic, of course.

it was a ws6 ram-air. with the hood, the rims, etc. and it was an auto. dunno about the engine or the like

Originally posted by krewshall
    it was a ws6 ram-air. with the hood, the rims, etc. and it was an auto. dunno about the engine or the like

The difference between the two is pretty noticeable from the front end. Just check out a picture of each (LT1 vs LS1 WS6s) and let us know. If it had been a stock WS6 LT1 you should have killed it. My stage 4 WRX would absolutely kill stockish LT1's.

Moving on to LS1's
    My stage 4 (12.7 @ 108 mph) beat every stock LS1 it raced. Thats from a roll or a stop. I will admit I never raced one past 130mph, but up to 130mph, I came out on top. I usually pulled on them up to 100mph or so and then we stayed basically dead even from there. So if the race was close I would assume it was an LS1.

Well, not exactly the same situation, but I ate a WS6 alive this week...had some stuff I wanted to get home quickly so took my favorite short-cut, which is REALLY tight, REALLY curvy road. On the straight leading in to the curves, he came flying up on me and when I was long since out of the curves and turning off the road, I saw the tiny little speck coming up behind me fast... Fun times.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.