Another Cobb Stg2 vs M3 story...

This is a discussion on Another Cobb Stg2 vs M3 story... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, my brother's friend picked up a sweet black 6spd 01 M3 a few months ago and I'll admit, I ...

Another Cobb Stg2 vs M3 story...

Well, my brother's friend picked up a sweet black 6spd 01 M3 a few months ago and I'll admit, I love that car. Well, after months and months of friendly smack talkin we decided to see how I'd do against his almighty M3.

We head out to a clear quiet street and decide to do a few roll-on races (he was too chicken to race from a stop!). I already knew my only advantage was from a stop but I just wanted to see if I could keep up.

1st race - 30mph roll, he honks and we're off. He gets a half car jump right away (turbo not quite spooled). Boost finally hits and I close the gap a little but not much. I shift to third and lose a little more, about another 1/4 car but I seem to hold even for a couple more seconds but then a car is in his lane ahead so we stop. The result was about a car length up to about 80.

We raced 3 more times. 2nd race I missed a gear and he won, 3rd race he missed a gear and I won. The final race... the showdown. This time we go from 20mph and now I'm in first. I honk and I pull about a 1/4 of a car and then shift to 2nd, He pulls ahead by a 1/4 of a car. I stay steady through 2nd with him slowly pulling to a half car. Hit third and he pulls another 1/4 length and run out 3rd to about 85 with him a full car length in front and pulling slowly.

Overall, I was pleased. I knew that he had the advantage with his 333hp to my 260hp and my AWD disadvantage but I just had to see for myself. Very nice race. I was just hoping he wouldn't embarrass me, which he didn't so I'm happy. I really think if we went from a stop I could have held him off. Now I have 2 more battles to settle... my bro's s2k on the hwy and his friend's turbo eclipse. Fun fun fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice runs! And yes I love the m3 as well.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

race him from a stop... i paddled a M roadster 315hp from a dead stop. at 85 he started hang there but i had 3 cars and shut it because of a semi residential zone nearby
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Re: Another Cobb Stg2 vs M3 story...

Originally posted by 03WREX
    We raced 3 more times. 2nd race I missed a gear and he won, 3rd race he missed a gear and I won.
    I've never missed a gear in my 15 years of driving. I learned to drive stick when I was 16, and have never owned an automatic, so that may be why. No offense, but I just cannot understand how people miss gears. Shifting isn't that hard.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

It's all the adrenaline that gets pumpin... I don't race 24/7 so it's not like I bang the gears all the time. When you race, sometimes you get a little too excited. I'm not Jeff Gordon so I'll live