Another Cobb Stg2 vs M3 story...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another Cobb Stg2 vs M3 story... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, my brother's friend picked up a sweet black 6spd 01 M3 a few months ago and I'll admit, I ...

Another Cobb Stg2 vs M3 story...

Well, my brother's friend picked up a sweet black 6spd 01 M3 a few months ago and I'll admit, I love that car. Well, after months and months of friendly smack talkin we decided to see how I'd do against his almighty M3.

We head out to a clear quiet street and decide to do a few roll-on races (he was too chicken to race from a stop!). I already knew my only advantage was from a stop but I just wanted to see if I could keep up.

1st race - 30mph roll, he honks and we're off. He gets a half car jump right away (turbo not quite spooled). Boost finally hits and I close the gap a little but not much. I shift to third and lose a little more, about another 1/4 car but I seem to hold even for a couple more seconds but then a car is in his lane ahead so we stop. The result was about a car length up to about 80.

We raced 3 more times. 2nd race I missed a gear and he won, 3rd race he missed a gear and I won. The final race... the showdown. This time we go from 20mph and now I'm in first. I honk and I pull about a 1/4 of a car and then shift to 2nd, He pulls ahead by a 1/4 of a car. I stay steady through 2nd with him slowly pulling to a half car. Hit third and he pulls another 1/4 length and run out 3rd to about 85 with him a full car length in front and pulling slowly.

Overall, I was pleased. I knew that he had the advantage with his 333hp to my 260hp and my AWD disadvantage but I just had to see for myself. Very nice race. I was just hoping he wouldn't embarrass me, which he didn't so I'm happy. I really think if we went from a stop I could have held him off. Now I have 2 more battles to settle... my bro's s2k on the hwy and his friend's turbo eclipse. Fun fun fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice runs! And yes I love the m3 as well.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

race him from a stop... i paddled a M roadster 315hp from a dead stop. at 85 he started hang there but i had 3 cars and shut it because of a semi residential zone nearby
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Re: Another Cobb Stg2 vs M3 story...

Originally posted by 03WREX
    We raced 3 more times. 2nd race I missed a gear and he won, 3rd race he missed a gear and I won.
    I've never missed a gear in my 15 years of driving. I learned to drive stick when I was 16, and have never owned an automatic, so that may be why. No offense, but I just cannot understand how people miss gears. Shifting isn't that hard.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

It's all the adrenaline that gets pumpin... I don't race 24/7 so it's not like I bang the gears all the time. When you race, sometimes you get a little too excited. I'm not Jeff Gordon so I'll live

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.