VW 8 cyl - anybody taken on one?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on VW 8 cyl - anybody taken on one? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i saw my first V8 VW yesterday, nice looking, dual exhaust.....I dont know much about them.... has anybody ran one?...

VW 8 cyl - anybody taken on one?

i saw my first V8 VW yesterday, nice looking, dual exhaust.....I dont know much about them....

has anybody ran one?
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The Phaeton or a V8 (W8) Passat? The Passats are pretty weak with the V8, and I'm sure the Phaeton isn't all that much either. However, the W12 in the Phaeton...whoah!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I have taken on a Passat W8 on the highway a few months ago... It lost....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Not at all impressed with the Passat W8. They are really heavy (I think all W8's come with 4 motion) and don't really make that much power. I would think any modded rex should dispense with them easily.

Thanks for the input, I saw one on the hiway and thought it was nice looking.

didnt give a second thought though about racing it....

just thought it was funny...the plate stated "VW8"...so I had to ask
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

they aint made to race so dont even bother...another luxury cruiser with a hint of sportiness. but nonetheless, i wish i had their interiors in my rex! now why cant i have auto up and down windows???
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by sarcasmo
    Not at all impressed with the Passat W8. They are really heavy (I think all W8's come with 4 motion) and don't really make that much power. I would think any modded rex should dispense with them easily.
    I'm pretty sure a stock Rex would waste one. I doubt they do anything below a mid 14-second 1/4 mile...and they sure as hell don't hit 60 as fast as we do.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.