I race ALOT!!lol... need advice on new clutch
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I race ALOT!!lol... need advice on new clutch within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys,, sorry if this is not thr proper thread but uss RACERS seem to have the best knowledge. I ...

Banned

I race ALOT!!lol... need advice on new clutch

Hey guys,, sorry if this is not thr proper thread but uss RACERS seem to have the best knowledge. I need a new clutch and I wanted some advice on Clutchmaster (with the ceramic disk) or a stage 3 act clucth.. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your clutch decision has alot to do with how much you have to spend.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Banned

act clutch

I am thinking ACT stage 3 (holds 500HP) it's a Organic disk too... hasnt anyone chahged there stock clutch yet?? I think I am going with the ACT.. I heard pretty bad things about clutchmaster..

if you posted this in the correct forum, then you might have recieved a better response.

no one knows how much power you are running. just because a clutch will hold 500hp, doesn't mean it's a)cost efficient, b)streetable or c)useful for your setup.

try posting more information about what you are looking for and what you have.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

If done properly you shouldn't need a clutch.

but in all honesty you would get a better response from one of the other forums.

I would say to check around and look for the strongest clutch that is still streetable by that I mean a clutch that is not going to make you rip a tendon every time you shift. rush hour will be hell with a race clutch.

I am assuming you only have stock clutch experience.

friend of mine had a teg with an ls/vtech head swap and a act stage 2 clutch.

thing killed your legs after 15 min of regular driving.

hope this helps.

-adam

:edit: woot 20 posts!
    Last edited by astricii; 08-12-2004 at 10:41 AM.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by svc
    Fvk the elves, it's bling season

Sponsored by: BoostBuddy.com

I bought an ATS triple disc carbon clutch. Supposed to hold 1,200 ft. lbs of torque, but I seriously doubt I will ever get there. Cost over 2,000$ for the set up.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

I have an Exedy organic clutch. Besides the lower engagement point, it feels stock, and it holds 25-30% more power. It is very streetable, and is easy to finesse. I got it combined with an ACT Streetlite flywheel for $600 from Nino's Auto Accesories.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.