M5 vs My STi - from a roll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on M5 vs My STi - from a roll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today a guy in an M5 got right next to me and floored it. I couldn't believe it. It's not ...

M5 vs My STi - from a roll

Today a guy in an M5 got right next to me and floored it. I couldn't believe it. It's not every day that a guy in an M5 wants to race. This guy would punch it and try to outrun me everytime we hit a clear stretch of road.

We played a little follow the leader until we caught a red light. He was in front of me at the light. When the light turned green he slowly moved up and waited for me to get next to him. As soon as I got next to him (15-20mph), he nails it. He actually got a very slight jump on me (half car) but I slowly reeled him in in 2nd gear. I shifted into 3rd gear and we were door to door. I shifted into 4th gear and I slowly pulled to about 1/2 car in front of him. When I shifted into 5th gear (95mph), his nose was just about at my rear bumper. Then we slowed down and I looked over at him and smiled and gave him the peace sign. He completely ignored me.
    I'm almost positive he had some sort of aftermarket exhaust. The car sounded mean.

Over all it was a great race and we were a very evenly matched from 20 - 95 mph. I was pretty happy to come out on top racing an M5 from a roll . (even though it was at speeds under 100mph)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ncie run.. Most likely didin't want to pay respects because he felt he should have taken you to the cleaners pretty easily..

o well..... whatcha gonna do?!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    ncie run.. Most likely didin't want to pay respects because he felt he should have taken you to the cleaners pretty easily..

o well..... whatcha gonna do?!
    He should have... unless your STi is not stock.
    Scott in Houston

my father's old 540 sounded MEAN at bone stock.

it's the most beautiful sounding roar i've ever heard.

it makes you glad you're not in front of it when you're behind the wheel, becuase if sounds like it wants to eat humans.

dR

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thrashing a man with an expensive car is one of lifes greatest moments.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I just can't get over some of the races you pull out. An M5 on a roll? Damn..what do they typically trap at in the 1/4mile just out of curiosity? Nice run anyway, its not everyday you get to gauge your car against something like an M5.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    I just can't get over some of the races you pull out. An M5 on a roll? Damn..what do they typically trap at in the 1/4mile just out of curiosity? Nice run anyway, its not everyday you get to gauge your car against something like an M5.
    I have heard they trap at around 107. Which is perfect for SGOS since his STi probably traps somewhere near that number.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Originally posted by BobbyD
    I have heard they trap at around 107. Which is perfect for SGOS since his STi probably traps somewhere near that number.

-BobbyD
    Yea, I saw he trapped 105mph before the addition of his new mods, so I figured he'd be around 107-110mph. Nice...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Nice run. I saw a new one yesterday and that thing is awesome. I was more interested in looking and hearing the car then to race. My wife thought I was an idiot for turning down the radio and putting the windows down to hear the exhaust. Oh well she will never understand.
    2004 STi

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    m5s are FAST. That's the only car I couldnt beat when I had my supercharged GT...ran into 2 of them on the highway and went from 70 rolls and stayed about even both times! Suckers can move!!
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by BobbyD

-BobbyD

He definately made me work for it. We were very evenly matched. I was just praying I didn't miss my 3rd gear shift (which I tend to occasionally do under pressure). If I was a betting man he probably would have started to reel me back in once we got over 100mph.
    But I was still slightly faster than him in 4th gear 75-95mph. Lucky for me the race ended just after I shifted into 5th gear.

Nice kill...when my car was healthy I would put 2-3 cars minimum from a roll...They are heavy...I loved killing them.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Very impressive run.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

I always enjoy reading your races! Keep up the awesome runs.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Originally posted by Irishman
    Nice run. I saw a new one yesterday and that thing is awesome. I was more interested in looking and hearing the car then to race. My wife thought I was an idiot for turning down the radio and putting the windows down to hear the exhaust. Oh well she will never understand.
    That is too funny!!! .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast