yikes... new VW?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on yikes... new VW? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i'm cruising at night with a friend and i stop at a light next to a silver VW. looked ...

yikes... new VW?

so i'm cruising at night with a friend and i stop at a light next to a silver VW. looked like a golf to me so i looked at the driver and he revved. being a retarded teen that i am, i took him on. light goes green and i launch at 5.5k rpm (dropped the clutch ) tires squeal a little and catch. we are dead even for about a second, then he took off. i attempt to shift into second but i got this grinding sound from the tranny (synchros, i assume? and yes, i am sure i had the clutch pushed all the way in also, could it have soemthing to do with me having a short shifter?) and he proceeded to waste me. turned out it was this gt32 or something like that.. awd nice v6 but kinda embarassing really... hoped i could take a VW

p.s.
    before making fun of me for my shifting, please understand that this is my second week of driving stick. ever.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    At no point in your rambling, insane race story did you come close to anything even resembling an interesting story. Everyone in the forum is dumber for reading that...you are awarded no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    At no point in your rambling, insane race story did you come close to anything even resembling an interesting story. Everyone in the forum is dumber for reading that...you are awarded no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    hahah +1

Re: yikes... new VW?

Originally posted by RussianProdigy
    p.s.
    before making fun of me for my shifting, please understand that this is my second week of driving stick. ever.
    And your transmission hates you for it

VW Golf R32 maybe? A formidable car, especially when you don't know how to drive yet.

Re: Re: yikes... new VW?

Originally posted by Racenut3.0
    And your transmission hates you for it

VW Golf R32 maybe? A formidable car, especially when you don't know how to drive yet.
    any car is a formidable opponent to someone who doesnt know how to get into 2nd gear
    2003 SRT-4

Re: Re: Re: yikes... new VW?

any car is a formidable opponent to someone who doesnt know how to get into 2nd gear
    Hahaha...thats hilarious!! Wow...that made me laugh out loud...oh man.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes... new VW?

Originally posted by BobbyD
    Hahaha...thats hilarious!! Wow...that made me laugh out loud...oh man.

-BobbyD
    lol, it's right behind first!! Just pull back on the shifter!! It's not hard!!
    2003 SRT-4

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes... new VW?

lol, it's right behind first!! Just pull back on the shifter!! It's not hard!!

ohh yea..... thanks

sigh... i expected as much in response, but hey, i promise that i will make more sense from now on haha

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes... new VW?

Originally posted by RussianProdigy
    ohh yea..... thanks

sigh... i expected as much in response, but hey, i promise that i will make more sense from now on haha
    i was just messing with you...quoting a line from Billy Madison...in case you havent seen that movie...

but keep practicing, manual trannies take a long time to master but once you get it down you'll love it!
    2003 SRT-4

those R32s are NICE. I drive my friend's about 3-4 times a week. 240hp AWD V6...anyhow, no more racing til you've got more M/T experience!
    I want an STi...and I want one NOW!

Stoplight.... you made my day. hahahahaha.

R32 = 240hp

Heavy as a Tank

0-60mph..... 6.5

Originally posted by HBPUNK
    R32 = 240hp

Heavy as a Tank

0-60mph..... 6.5
    Yes, can't confirm the 0-60, but there is no way this car should beat a wrx...
    It's heavy
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

sht
    best movie evar

missing second = teh win
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

I understand where he is comming from... The first day I got my WRX, I was out trying to take out every car in sight.... Even though I had driven stick for 2 days.

I got owned by pretty much everything in sight though, since I couldn not roll off the line without bogging, and had to make a conscious effort to concentrate on giving gas and engaging the clutch at the same time..

Taking off while on an incline was an absolute nightmare!! I would even beat a light on top of a hill, just so that I did not have to embarass myself when it went green again!

Those were the days
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.