GOT COBB AP and already 1kill was a z28 camaro!!!?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on GOT COBB AP and already 1kill was a z28 camaro!!!? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yes thats right, I got my AP today and did the reflash for stage one 93 oct. Wow what a ...

GOT COBB AP and already 1kill was a z28 camaro!!!?

Yes thats right, I got my AP today and did the reflash for stage one 93 oct. Wow what a difference between stock and stage 1, car actually pushes me in to the seat all the way though 4 th gear. Anyways here is the story...I was comming back from work late and got stopped at the light next to a camaro, well actually he pulled next to me. I turned my head and saw the Z28 badgging. So i decided to spool the turbo a bit and when the green light appeared i let it fly. I think that my rpm was at about 3500 maybe a little more but not more than 4000 and was able to make the tiers screech a bit, with stock that wouldn't have happened. I flew out and noticed he didn't come after me but did run the next red lights, which i was able to fly past on green, but had to stop on the next red. So he pulls up to me and revs his engine so we both know its on. Light turns green and i pull about a car on him in 1 st, then he gains about half a car to my door pillar in second and then i began to inch away in 3rd and 4th. Couple of lights down the road we come to a stop and he asks "Is that one of those racer cars? I and was no its only a WRX wagon, he replies its dam fast, he was cool and we talked through the lights, and he tells me that it was only a 6 cyl not the v8. Oh, well a kill none the less, he put up a good fight but the v8 would have handed my ass to me. LOL just got lucky I guess.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

was he modded? If it was a 6 Id think you wouldve blown him away more than just inching him out.... Maybe he was just trying to save face over the fact that he just lost to a wagon...haha. Did they even offer Z28's w/ 6's in em? If it was an older stock LT1 i think a cobb stage 1 would be a pretty even match for it..down lower at least. if you went up to 4th you probably cut it off before you hit 100, which is where an lt1 would start to come alive.

meh..either way, like you said, a kills a kill, good job

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    something isnt right about this...either

A. He put z28 badges on his v6...makes no sense

or

B. The guy was lying about having a v6 and you legitimately beat a z28 in your WRX...makes no sense.
    2003 SRT-4

I think it was a Z28 with an LT1. When i had uppipe/downpipe only I pulled a LT1 Z28. I didnt pull a lot on him, ony about 1 car, but he was definatelly not gaining when we stoped at 100+. A stage 1 should be comparable to my uppipe/downpipe mod. So...good kill.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

I vote for a complete ownage of an LT1 Camaro. Ole boy tried to cover up but no one is dumb enough to put Z28 badges on a V6 when they could've put SS badges on there. As the NASCAR boys would say, "Git-R-Dun subaru_crazy!"
    Really
    Idiotic
    Car
    Enhancements

--Nuff Said--

Click here to visit the Grand Am's web page

Yeah I don't see the point of putting Z-28 badges on a V-6.

Nice Kill.
    Keep hands away from rotating objects!!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    yea it could have been an lt1...I handled them with my bolt on GT back in the day, so I guess at lower speeds, and from a stop, the WRX could take a stock one.
    2003 SRT-4

i thought the exact same thing. he couldve put z28 badges on the 6...but even so...he'd have to be pretty modded to hang w/ a cobb stage 1. The 6's suck. Cobb stage 1 could you at about a 13.9, which is where a stock LT1 is about...well, anywhere from 14.2-13.8. they didnt even make 6cyl z28s...so i think that guy was blowin some smoke. again, good kill

yea, that guy was blowing smoke out of his ass. they never made a v6 z28 (to my knowledge, and this includes any year of the camaro). putting a z28 badge on a v6 is about as bad as a civic putting a "GTR" badge on it... but anyway, i'd have to agree that it was a z28 and he was just a tad upset about losing to a wagon...one more thing is exhaust tone..did it sound like a v8 or did u not notice?
    Last edited by 99gulfbluegtp; 08-10-2004 at 10:41 PM.

my guess is that it was an LT1 z-28.... he just didnt want to give you the satisfaction of beating a v8.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yup when he reved it it did sounded like a v8 motor but i couldn't take a look under his hood and i don't really know much about what engines they had in them so i just took his word for it, i thought they were v8 i guess i am going to do some research now . I don't race much becasue the wagon tends to give me the stealth so thats why i guess he didn't come after me at first and when i flew like a bat out of hell from the first lights he wanted a piece of me then, he found out otherwise. Now i can't wait to go stage 2 with it, but before i do i will make my friend with a bmw 328i do some friendly runs to see how much i can pull on him now.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Gotta respect the accessport!
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Originally posted by subaru_crazy
    yup when he reved it it did sounded like a v8 motor but i couldn't take a look under his hood and i don't really know much about what engines they had in them so i just took his word for it, i thought they were v8 i guess i am going to do some research now . I don't race much becasue the wagon tends to give me the stealth so thats why i guess he didn't come after me at first and when i flew like a bat out of hell from the first lights he wanted a piece of me then, he found out otherwise. Now i can't wait to go stage 2 with it, but before i do i will make my friend with a bmw 328i do some friendly runs to see how much i can pull on him now.

You could set your AP to stock settings and walk the 328i. The 328i doesn't start to pick up until around 70 or 80. I know my 99 5 speed 328i (with 32k miles) is no match for my WRX.
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    You could set your AP to stock settings and walk the 328i. The 328i doesn't start to pick up until around 70 or 80. I know my 99 5 speed 328i (with 32k miles) is no match for my WRX.
    I bet its comfy like a mutha tho.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

haha I pull z28s all the time LT1's without mods are slow as piss. I just had catless and no boost controller or EM and was able to put about 6 car lengths on an LT1 from a stop and pulled about 1 from a roll. Kinda sad considering I'm making...MAYBE 210 WHP..
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.