sylvia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on sylvia within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving home when i saw a legit RIGHT HAND DRIVE sylvia wiht power folding mirrors and everything. It ...

sylvia

I was driving home when i saw a legit RIGHT HAND DRIVE sylvia wiht power folding mirrors and everything. It had exhaust and according to the driver it was stock otherwise. I talked to him he showed me his power folding mirrors, telling me how he imported it from japan, blah blah and we were basiclaly just waiting for a light, at light change we both went at it and we slowed at 60mph because we didn't want to get to crazy and I had pulled about 2 full cars on him. I'm running catless with an AP stage 2...I'm not sure what a sylvia is supposed to do stock, but you could tell he felt dumb for importing that thing from japan. He wouldn't even look over at the next light.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill of a nice looking car
    Evan
    MY12 WRX Limited hatch - stock, still in break-in
    MY10 Forester Limited
    SOLD - MY03 WRX - PSM; AP Stage 2+up-pipe

s13, s14, or s15 chassis? (i'm sure not s15)

oh, btw, it's "Silvia"
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

Originally posted by TheBoostCreep
    s13, s14, or s15 chassis? (i'm sure not s15)

oh, btw, it's "Silvia"
    um, well after looking at some pics online, I remember the back distinctly while i was playing catch up. the back definitely had seperated tail lights with a metal silvia emblem in the middle so it was most likely an S15. The kid just got it so maybe he couldn't drive. Or, also, what I'm saying as two cars might be your definition of one car. I consider one car ahead to be my rear bumper at his front bumper. Two cars would mean the distance between my rear bumper and his front bumper could fit another car. I would say it probably could have fit a prius or an echo between us

2 full cars isnt that impressive if you did a good AWD launch. Its possible that he would have passed had you guys continued climbing in speed. Also if you really want to test his car out, do a rolling race from about 60-100+, since it will take away the instant 1-2 car advantage of the awd.

BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Originally posted by BobbyD
    2 full cars isnt that impressive if you did a good AWD launch. Its possible that he would have passed had you guys continued climbing in speed. Also if you really want to test his car out, do a rolling race from about 60-100+, since it will take away the instant 1-2 car advantage of the awd.

BobbyD
    yeah, I agree...

Dude, if I imported a Silva from Japan I wouldn't feel silly. I'd say "Nice WRX, everyone has them...NOW who feels silly"

JDM Silvia (done right) > WRX

I hope he's going to do it right.

BTW Nice kill. Was he sitting really close to you on your left side or were u in the left lane and he was sitting really far from you?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

left lane he was really far his passenger and my passenger did most of the conversing

sweet
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

yea, any model silvia is not going to be to impressive in a drag in stock form, they run tiny turbos as well, coupled with the 2 wheel drive, it makes for mid 14's depending on the model. you would of had him most likely if you kept going. i would still take a right hand drive silvia with 100k on it before i would take even a new wrx.
    that is very rare to see an s15! s15 tail lights resemble a grand am, so if that helps.

It could of been an S13 coupe or hatch with JDM 180sx taillights. And the s15 does have lights similar to a Grand Prix. If it had a stock SR20 then it can range from 205 - 225 crank hp. A Cobb stage 2 WRX can pull on a stock Silvia.

There are people that have done the RHD conversions on USDM 240sx, so he could of just been one of those people. It's still cool to have a RHD car.

And those power folding mirrors are there so you can fold up the mirrors prior to parking your Silvia in your cramp garage, in Japan.

Originally posted by POLAR
    yea, any model silvia is not going to be to impressive in a drag in stock form, they run tiny turbos as well, coupled with the 2 wheel drive, it makes for mid 14's depending on the model. you would of had him most likely if you kept going. i would still take a right hand drive silvia with 100k on it before i would take even a new wrx.
    that is very rare to see an s15! s15 tail lights resemble a grand am, so if that helps.
    Stock for stock, S15s arent that much chop. Standard 4 banger and turbo - but like anything, when done well they can be made pretty quick.
    They are great for drifting - I work with a 60 year old mainframe architect who recently sold his, and he used to have that thing sideways all the time.

sr20's out of s15's push about 250hp at the crank. They got pretty good top end though and they have a 6 speed stock.

The sr's are strong engines and they had one pushing about 476-500 whp with only minor internal upgrades. Must you'll meet will be modded to anywhere between the 250-350whp range....I know it's a big gap, but as everyone here knows, it's not that hard to get power out of a turbo engine.

edit: and the 240's only weight something like 2600 lbs I believe....

I have a 92 240sx that I'm going to put an SR20 in and make it one hell of a sleeper....but I have to wait until I graduate so I can get a real job and make some good money.

I also plan on getting an sti and making that a nice little sleeper too....then I'll always be torn between which one to drive.

--back to your regularly scheduled post--
    Last edited by YZFWV; 08-11-2004 at 12:48 PM.

weak!!

Originally posted by YZFWV
    they have a 6 speed stock.
    actually from what I've heard the s15 tranny sux. the ratios on the s14 5mt are better suited to keeping you in boost and the syncros are a little stronger.

meh. just what I've heard... never had the chance to drive one... yet
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by svc
    Fvk the elves, it's bling season

Sponsored by: BoostBuddy.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast