Stg 2 WRX vs 94 Rx-7
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stg 2 WRX vs 94 Rx-7 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow, I've very proud of my car. However for the first time since I've been living the life of Stg ...

Stg 2 WRX vs 94 Rx-7

Wow, I've very proud of my car. However for the first time since I've been living the life of Stg 2, I have felt defeat!! I am on a quick grocery run when I see a sexy silver rx-7. I noticed a huge front mount and loud exhaust so I had to see what he could do. Basically I just got beside him gave the nod and we took off. And from there on till 100 it looked as if I was not trying to race All I can do is bow down to the mighty rotary of the Rx-7. However if we are lucky tommorow my friend might be picking up a 94 red rx-7 for 13k with 40,000 miles. I'm pumped to actually get to ride in one when we test drive it

Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im so happy for you!
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Yeah, those things can be nasty. There's one around here that sounds mean but I dunno what he runs. I always see him at a distance or crossing an intersection while I'm waiting at the light.

I'm not even Stg 2 yet I'll definitely choose my battles hehe.
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

My Japanese friend had a rx-7 twin turbo running 25psi !!!

Man those Japanese guy love to mod their cars.
    Anyways, he sold it.

Kept on saying "not reliable". He said the rx-7 was fast, but
    the rotary engine kept on over heating and the car just kept breaking.

He told me that, "if you buy an rx-7", make sure you test it out to the fullest. If it's overheating, don't buy it !!!!!!!!!!

Just some advise from a Japanese Engineer,not me.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

yeah rotarys haven't been developed to their fullest potential... they still have overheating problems, they burn oil... etc...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    good death...I've run into fast and slow ones...some are crazy and some are "meh." I like them, overall, but yea, they are not the best cars in terms of reliability
    2003 SRT-4

Where in Delaware are you? I see a modded silver RX 7 in Dover all the time.

haha, i'm in Dover. Same silver rx-7 you see running around is the one that walked me
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

they burn oil...
    There meant to burn oil. Oil is injected into the combustion chambers to keep the mating surfaces between the rotor apex seals and rotor housings lubricated and to help with compression and to keep things cool.

They can be reliable. If you know what you are doing with tuning and keeping up with it. Like keeping up with the cooling system.

Nice death.
    Keep hands away from rotating objects!!

I used to have a 2nd gen RX7 and damn that thing was fast, the previous owner ran high 12s in it. I sold it for the WRX and I miss it. Even Koni shocks and Tein springs the WRX handles nowhere near as nicely as that 7 ever did,

Yea I wanted to get an rx-7 so bad but my dad wouldnt let me because of the cooling issues so now I have my 04 rex and I love it but I will still always want a r1
    Last edited by WRXcelration; 08-13-2004 at 08:09 AM.
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I love the 7, but I want an all-wheel drive turbo car. The winters suck and I need something to get me to work when it snows. Rear-wheel drive and light car on the snow BLOWS! The 7 will turn into a strictly summer car.

Thats why I'm here. Still deciding on what I want still.

my dad wouldnt let me because of the cooling issues
    That might have been a good idea. Not just for the fact of cooling issues (That can be fixed), but they are a money pit. I wanted one for awhile (I still do) and I could afford it, but I wouldn't have been able to do anything to it.
    Keep hands away from rotating objects!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.