Wimpy stories from a wimpy car
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wimpy stories from a wimpy car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well tonight I actually had off and went driving around shopping for stuff for my apartment and got into three ...

Wimpy stories from a wimpy car

Well tonight I actually had off and went driving around shopping for stuff for my apartment and got into three races. Since I drive a 2.5RS, naturally, I lost all three races. The first one was with a CR-V, I kid you not, he actually had a bumper on me through 65 mph, which is when I turned off into Linens N Things horribly depressed and mortified. The second was with a modded 2nd generation Integra, it definently had exhaust, maybe catless based on the smell of his exhaust and putrid black smoke that would come out everytime he punched it. We went from a stoplight around a turn I had him but after that, it was over with him pulling about 1 car on me by 95mph. We went again from a stoplight, I pulled about a car until 2nd was over then he pulled about a car on me again. That's when we met up with a current model Mustang GT, it was definently auto because when he punched it off the line, it barely chirped the tires, and the fact that he put into park at the red light to talk afterwards. He raced the Integra first and put about 1-2 cars maybe, just an estimate because I was trying to keep up. Then I lined up at the next light and through first it was the GT in front by 1/2 car, 2 cars, then when i stopped at about 90mph, he was about 4-5 cars in front. I was kinda surprised by that outcome because I thought GTs trapped a little higher than WRXs stock. I know he was on it because his exhaust was screaming, and they were the stock pipes. Then again maybe not, but both were cool and stopped at the next light to chat and give the thumbs up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have a 5-speed?

I thought 2.5RS ran something like 15.3 1/4 mile stock. I'm sure some bolt-ons would enable you to whomp on a lot of ricers and that freakin' CR-V.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Re: Wimpy stories from a wimpy car

Originally posted by ILikeMy2.5RS
    The first one was with a CR-V, I kid you not, he actually had a bumper on me through 65 mph, which is when I turned off into Linens N Things horribly depressed and mortified.
    Linens N Things, what better place to think over a loss...

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Re: Wimpy stories from a wimpy car

Originally posted by cb259
    Linens N Things, what better place to think over a loss...

Yeah, just being there whilst having a dong is 0wn3d enough. Adding in a loss to mom's SUV - just horrible. Our condolences.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

Why does it not surprise me that the Honda was blowing black smoke?????

Anyways as long as you had fun thats all that matters!!
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

Originally posted by GTScoob
    Why does it not surprise me that the Honda was blowing black smoke?????

Anyways as long as you had fun thats all that matters!!
    haha, very true. Props to you for posting these stories, bro. They were pretty entertaining.

Don't feel bad about the CR-V. I raced my buddy's auto saturn from a stop, and he had me by a car length until 50 (then we were even). he also had two more passengers in his car than I did. Not only that, but one of his passengers tips the scales at 340

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by VitaminWRX

Don't feel bad about the CR-V. I raced my buddy's auto saturn from a stop, and he had me by a car length until 50 (then we were even). he also had two more passengers in his car than I did. Not only that, but one of his passengers tips the scales at 340
    Please tell me your E-brake was on, the A/C was blowing full tilt, and you were towing 2 jetskis behind you.

It's all good...and all about having fun. I went years in cars that could barely touch minivans, let alone CR-Vs. Think of it this way, having a slower car means less risk of killing yourself racing or getting horrid tickets. (not only that, but a 2.5RS is a damn nice car, IMO)
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

Banned
    damn that takes balls to say you lost to a cr-v. but i lost to a eclipse in my 04 wrx.we all have good and bads.i mean so what if you got OWNED by a cr-v better luck next time

I wish it was a dream but, I can honestly say I bent over and took it, then I went to Linens N Things because I'm such a big man and all, but I have a 4eat but it was still embarassing.

ok. we need to work on that car of yours...

im sure working for some big bad boston lawyer youll be able to swing this.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Or I could steal his CL500

The sad thing is that the kid in the CRV is telling all his buddies that his mom's car can beat a WRX. You should've tracked him down and explained to him that your car is a 2.5RS. Now you've made all us WRX owners looks bad.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

It was an older woman.

I would bet good money you would kill the CRV in an autocross course though. If it makes you feel any better.... I lost to a Pontiac Vibe GT in my RS ....

*cough*
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Java Black Pearl.
    Modifications

Originally posted by DenverWRX
    I lost to a Pontiac Vibe GT in my RS ....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.