What can the wrx beat (stock, stage 1, stage 2)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What can the wrx beat (stock, stage 1, stage 2) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My accessport is actually coming tomorrow so im not so concerned with the stock (if a stock can take any ...

What can the wrx beat (stock, stage 1, stage 2)

My accessport is actually coming tomorrow so im not so concerned with the stock (if a stock can take any of these) but it is interesting none the less. I have read on here about the top end sucking, does stage 1 and 2 help out in this area.

So what can a stage 1 or stage 2 beat of these cars (or what would it take to beat some of them): (assuming all are stock and race from a stop)

Sti
    Evo
    350z
    G35
    supra
    Mustang GT/Mach 1
    Cobra 01/03 both
    Vette (what years)
    LS1 cars
    300z TT
    VW R32 and other GTIs
    Audi A4/S4
    Any other cars you think would be competitive.

Not expecting the stage 1 will beat too many of these (if any) but the stage 2 should be able to hang a little right?
    Currently
    2003 WRB Wagon
    --AccessPort Stage 2
    --APS TBE
    --PDE Up-pipe
    --GFB Stealth Fx Hybrid BOV
    ------(What can i say i like the sound)
    --17" Rota Tarmac IIs (Gunmetallic)
    --18% Stealth Tint

Other Rides:
    1986 Vette (Current Engine Rebuild)
    2005 C6 Vette Silver Coupe on order

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There are several lengthy threads about which cars the WRX can beat. I'd search before trying to guess. This will just end up being magazine racing anyway. A Stage 2 Rex is a quick car but it will get its ass handed to it by many sports cars, obviously.

Have fun with the search button.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    All I know is they wont be beating ls1's from a roll for a LONG time.

From a stop, though, they can compete with most cars, especially when modded
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by Integra96
    There are several lengthy threads about which cars the WRX can beat. I'd search before trying to guess. This will just end up being magazine racing anyway. A Stage 2 Rex is a quick car but it will get its ass handed to it by many sports cars, obviously.

Have fun with the search button.
    Thanks...i did do a search and it takes longer to search than it does to just repost...if you dont feel like answering the same question dont but if youre going to post to criticize you might as well post to answer the question. Since you would have to post to preach search buttons in every thread BUT you only have to post to answer a certain question every so often (not every thread) it makes more sense to just answer the question. Why do you not have a problem repeatedly saying search but you do answering a question. After about an hour of searching i found that long ass list of all cars and their quarter times so i guess that kinda answers my question but it of course isnt real world like many of you have experienced.
    Currently
    2003 WRB Wagon
    --AccessPort Stage 2
    --APS TBE
    --PDE Up-pipe
    --18% Stealth Tint

Other Rides:

from experience, i think u can take on a 350z and the g35....i have beaten these cars by about 1/2 a car from a stop....the gti i would say is no contest from a stop...and the mustang gt might also be easy from the start off but after 3rd gear, expect to have ur a** handed to u...damn v8's!!!
    oh and i have a 2004 rex pretty much stock....these were all 1/4 mile races at the track except for the mustang gt....and from wat i kno, all these cars were stock also...i dont kno if this helps at all but i tried

03 cobra?? I don't think so!
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

yea i agree. i would think that the 03 cobra would be out of ur league....those things are too d*** fast....ive tried to just keep up with one....yea...that didnt happen....wat was i thinking!

sht
    i hate these threads
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Originally posted by FilMaNutts
    from experience, i think u can take on a 350z and the g35....i have beaten these cars by about 1/2 a car from a stop....the gti i would say is no contest from a stop...and the mustang gt might also be easy from the start off but after 3rd gear, expect to have ur a** handed to u...damn v8's!!!
    oh and i have a 2004 rex pretty much stock....these were all 1/4 mile races at the track except for the mustang gt....and from wat i kno, all these cars were stock also...i dont kno if this helps at all but i tried
    Yeah this helps.
    And about the 03 cobra i was just kinda throwin cars out there...im really interested in the 01 cobra since my buddy has one. Would a stage 2 take it. Also what about the Sti and Evo would it even be close or would they still take a stage 2 wrx.
    Currently
    2003 WRB Wagon
    --AccessPort Stage 2
    --APS TBE
    --PDE Up-pipe
    --18% Stealth Tint

Other Rides:

pimpin all over the world

stage 2 wrx good!!!!
    350z off the line easy
    g35 off the line easy
    2005 mustang gt off the line easy.
    vettes cobras,sti,evo don't even try it!!
    sti and evo u coul keep up for a little while but in fourth forget about it!!!
    and vettes and cobra dont' even think about it well the vette to much spinnin off the line but will catch u on third (personal experiences) thats why im rollin a 2006 STi with 320 awhp and sprayin im' 360 awhp on stock turbo turbo upgrade comin

depending on the mods, i'm assuming all the cars u mentioned would be stock:
    ~a 350z, g35, stang GT, 300z TT, audi A4's, and VW's you would take from a dig and a roll, some by more than others, but if you can drive for anything you will take them all from a dig and roll.

~01 cobra you would take from a dig until about the mid/end of 3rd, then he would blow by you like theres no tomorrow, regular vette would be the same thing, z06 vette would take you by 3rd if the driver knows what a stick is, supra, if stock you could most likely hold off until 4th, then he would blow by you, mach 1 stang you should take from a dig and it would be close on the highway, STI's and Evo's if stock you should take from a dig and a roll, IF STOCK.

Hope this helps.
    02 Black Rex
    Mods:
    Cobb catback
    helix downpipe
    HKS uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Blitz 2 TT/BG
    Sti Topmount
    Tein H-Tech springs
    17x7 Akuma Wheels
    Falken ZE512 Tires

I Support ClubWRX
    +2 for bumping 2 year old threads.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

EDIT: I just realized how old this thread is.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

in reply to the last post that mentioned a z06.....as my dad previously owned one, it would not even be until 3rd gear. He raced an STi from a stop, and even with worn tires he handed its a$$ to it by 2nd. Basically past 45~50 mph, ur toast with that one
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

same here..............................
    02 Black Rex
    Mods:
    Cobb catback
    helix downpipe
    HKS uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Blitz 2 TT/BG
    Sti Topmount
    Tein H-Tech springs
    17x7 Akuma Wheels
    Falken ZE512 Tires