jdm EJ20g swap (16g) vs. Ferrari 355 F1
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on jdm EJ20g swap (16g) vs. Ferrari 355 F1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not a recent race, but I was inspired to post by another member's recent Ferrari encounter There is a nice ...

I Support ClubWRX

jdm EJ20g swap (16g) vs. Ferrari 355 F1

Not a recent race, but I was inspired to post by another member's recent Ferrari encounter

There is a nice Ferrari 355 F1 in the area that I've seen several times traveling in the opposite direction. One day I was heading to school on the Black Horse Pike (4 lane highway), and spotted it a few cars up at a light.

Several miles down the road I was able to make my way to him, and admired the width of the car, and observed a middle aged man and his woman in the car.

I proceeded to use a semi-******* tactic that often gets me roll-on's w/cars that normally wouldn't pay my tinted, lowered, bright red '94 Subaru w/loud exhaust any mind. I casually passed him at 55-60 mph, looking over at him as I went by. He glanced at me, but I continued by, and moved over in front of him after several car-lengths were between us. I gradually put ~10 carlengths on him, then slowed to 35 mph in 2nd gear. Since he was doing ~55 mph, he quickly closed in on me, and moved into the passing lane, which is exactly what I wanted (its gotten me into countless roll-ons w/911's, C5's, and a Viper).

I heard the sound of his motor as he started to gun it past me. I timed his pass, and hit it so that just as he pulled even w/me, I was at full boost (16.5 psi on the 16g), and I stopped his progress, and ever so slowly walked him. He looked over at me, like wth??? We were WOT, and I creeped him to ~100 mph before he gave up and let off.

Later I looked up his car, and saw that it does the 1/4 in 13.2 @ 108 according to the link I found. I was a little dissapointed that it wasn't faster, but it made sense for a 12 second Scooby to pull him. And dam, was it satisfying to see the look of disbelief on his face as I pulled him, and to think that his woman witnessed his supercar getting pulled on by an econobox Japanese Import.

I was thrilled when we caught a red light together after this, but he refused to look over, and waited for me to go before he would take off, lol...some people take themselves too seriously.
    Last edited by annointed; 08-08-2004 at 11:38 PM.
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    damn...that's it?? I want to find one to race now!!
    2003 SRT-4

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    damn...that's it?? I want to find one to race now!!
    lol...wish it was that easy. I would love to an encounter w/an exotic in my 400 hp '02 WRX, but it was so satisfying in my 2600 lb sleeper '94 Impreza...still brings a grin to my grill.

These kind of encounters are one of a million...so rare, you treasure them in your heart when they come along.
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

Originally posted by annointed
    lol...wish it was that easy. I would love to an encounter w/an exotic in my 400 hp '02 WRX, but it was so satisfying in my 2600 lb sleeper '94 Impreza...still brings a grin to my grill.

These kind of encounters are one of a million...so rare, you treasure them in your heart when they come along.
    werd...I've only run into 4 vipers on the street, ever. Luckily I was either in my supercharged GT or my z28 so I hung with or beat each one (raced a 94 with my z28). I've NEVER run with a ferrari or a lambo though
    2003 SRT-4

A Ferrari is a highway monster... Im second thinkin that.
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by FutureWRX15
    A Ferrari is a highway monster...
    A "normal" Ferrari like the 355 F1 is more of a track car, really, unless we're talking about an Enzo, F40, F50, etc....a highway monster in my book is a modified Supra, or an blown LS1 like my roommate has.
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

Nice kill !!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by annointed
    A "normal" Ferrari like the 355 F1 is more of a track car, really, unless we're talking about an Enzo, F40, F50, etc....a highway monster in my book is a modified Supra, or an blown LS1 like my roommate has.
    lol, werd...My good friend has a supercharged corvette and my god that thing moves from a roll
    2003 SRT-4

this may sound retarded...but...what's WOT wide open throttle?

Originally posted by mOOpeh
    this may sound retarded...but...what's WOT wide open throttle?
    Yes
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

sweet kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I would love to run a Ferrari. Nice kill. So far I havent gotten the chance to run any other the super cars like this.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.