Frustrated run with friends STi (ybnormal7)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Frustrated run with friends STi (ybnormal7) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Did a 20mph roll run with my friends STi. wasn't planned. just he hit it and i followed suit. for ...

Frustrated run with friends STi (ybnormal7)

Did a 20mph roll run with my friends STi. wasn't planned. just he hit it and i followed suit. for a lil back round see... http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29011

stock vs stock i could of reached out and open his rear door from my door off a 20mph roll. sence then i've added 30hp and 30tq (dyno provin) and lost .7 seconds in my .25mile time . the only thing the sti has changed was just a cat back exhaust. what bothered me is that when we ran this time it was the exact same result as the time before when we were both stock. upsetting to me to say the least. i didn't gain a inch till around 90 were i gained maybe a half car and we shut down at 100. no way the catback gained 30hp and tq, so wtf happened? i'm still upset. my af's were a solid 11:1 and i was boosting a healthy 19psi to 15 at redline. car felt strong. the only differnce from last time to now was he was on winter tires as apose to the stockers. the weather was simaler (sp) as well as the weight. owell, better luck next time.

PS:
    i ran a 13.5@105 and he ran a 12.9@106 (stock)
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 08-08-2004 at 08:39 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

maybe the dyno u were on was showing inflated numbers

it was the same dyno i ran on stock with. wiether it reads hi or low. gaining the hp and tq on the same dyno is there.

232, 260 stock
    261, 290 modified.

same dyno. diff temps by 20 degress in favor of the stock levels.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

you said you ran 13.5 stock and he ran 12.9 at 106? i cant believe that, even with a catback. neither of you could trap that high. he must have reflash or manual boost control hes not telling you about. i do that alot to people.

Originally posted by POLAR
    you said you ran 13.5 stock and he ran 12.9 at 106? i cant believe that, even with a catback. neither of you could trap that high. he must have reflash or manual boost control hes not telling you about. i do that alot to people.

never said i ran 13.5 @105 stock, but he did run 12.9 @106 stock. i was there and watched him do it. i've known the guy for over a year and we go back and forward all the time one what each other is doing and will be doing. i know it has only a catback for performance upgrade but also had a bov, upgraded pads and brake lines.

i think it was just the differnce in the winter tires compared to the stockers. it's the only really differnt factor from the time before. but i don't know how it could effect things that much. the air temp was almost the same as the time before, the weight was almost the same as before.

owell, more mods to come.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Originally posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    never said i ran 13.5 @105 stock, but he did run 12.9 @106 stock. i was there and watched him do it. i've known the guy for over a year and we go back and forward all the time one what each other is doing and will be doing. i know it has only a catback for performance upgrade but also had a bov, upgraded pads and brake lines.

i think it was just the differnce in the winter tires compared to the stockers. it's the only really differnt factor from the time before. but i don't know how it could effect things that much. the air temp was almost the same as the time before, the weight was almost the same as before.

owell, more mods to come.

If he ran 106 mph in the 1/4 mile one of these thing has to be happening.

1. He's not stock - most likely Utec and more
    2. Track equipment or track itself isn't accurate.
    3. There was a 40+ mph tail wind that day - very unusual weather conditions.

It takes a lot more than 300hp to get a 3200 lbs STi to run 106 mph trap speed.

But anything is possible. Some tracks are much faster than others. Some tracks have equipment that is inaccurate. He may also be lying about his mods. That also very common.

two words: factory freak

Originally posted by DenniSTi
    two words: factory freak

:werd: i was there and saw it happen. i know for a fact it was stock then. the track isn't that great but it's faster then some around.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

i was just saying to check into it, make sure hes not running anything more than hes saying. 106 will absolutley not happen stock.

I can speak on both there behalfs. Both of there cars are how he is describing. Only thing I noticed he didnt say that YB had was Worx BOV but I dont think that really matters. All he was asking for was a little understanding, not a bunch of doubting toms.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

2004neonsrt4 = retarded. looked back on the old post of the time slip posted. he trapped 104. not 106. don't know where that came from. but still 104 isn't to far off of 106. i trapped 105. u would think i'd have the advantage due to the awd drivetrain loss at higher speeds. owell. sorry to make an ass out of my self.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

it's a factory freak.

I have a friend that has a stock WRX with only a manual boost controller, and it ran 13.3. Now that's a freak.

trap speed

I ran 12.99 @ 105.7 I do not think his time is impossible all stock I actually think it is possible to go faster with the right conditions

Yeah I have actually seen a stock sti run a 12.9 before he didn't even have a bov.

I Support ClubWRX
    Naaaaaahhhhh...not a "factory freak"...a "driver freak". Been racing since I was 12 in go carts, 1/4 miles since 16. Hell, my first car (which I bought at 14) ended up with over 500 HP and easily ran 10's in the 1/4. I like to think I can run a 1/4 fairly well. Of course, there is always someone better!!!!

As Brad stated above though, to remove doubt, check my sig. Brad was only off on my trap speed by 2 MPH. I wouldn't mind running a 106 trap, and am pretty confident I could since I ran the 12.9/103.9 on only my 3rd attempt. Right track, right conditions, right alignment of the stars...

Brad, FWIW, when we opened them up on the way home, I figured you weren't actually getting on it because I didn't see any gains from your lights in my mirror until right around 100. If it helps, I think you would have started to pull on me after that. I am surprised that you were hammering it though, 'cause like I said, I figured you would pretty much walk on me now. Maybe we need to do another 3 beeps to verify.

You are right though, it did seem to be just about a near repeat of before, with mine jumping out quicker. Have you had it at the track since your tuning was done?

BTW...FWIW, this was done late at night, no other cars on the road.
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 08-20-2004 at 06:23 AM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.