Smoked the poop out of a lexus 430

This is a discussion on Smoked the poop out of a lexus 430 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; White with chrome rims...I was in the z28 cruising and I pulled up to a red light. The lexus got ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Smoked the poop out of a lexus 430

White with chrome rims...I was in the z28 cruising and I pulled up to a red light. The lexus got behind me, then went around to be next to me at the light. I looked at him and he smiled but I was fvcking with my radio so I didnt really think "race." When the light turned green he launched on me, so I tried through 1st, passed him and then let out and he flew by. We caught the next light and this time we both knew the race was on. He was still smiling...like he won the first race So this time I was gonna go all out and show no mercy. On green we both launched and I took it up to 100 before I let out. He was so far back it wasnt even funny and he hung a U and went back the other way into town. He must've just been going my way just to race me. Guess the complete lack of z28 badging fools em.
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HAHA nice kill...this guy in my apartment complex has a black one and he always acts like he has the hottest car..funny stuff I wanna race him
    "addicted to Subaru"

t
    Thats the one with the V8 righT ?....what league are they in.

I Support ClubWRX
    430s are SMOOTH cars...whoah. Nice power and torque, but they're porkers. They hit 60 in around 6 seconds and probably do mid-high 14 second 1/4 miles. Just a guess...I don't feel like looking it up. LS430 would probably give a stock Rex a hard time from a roll.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

sc or ls?

Originally posted by el~sharko
    sc or ls?
    the coupe one, 2 door
    2003 SRT-4

Registered User persianpunisher's Avatar
    The SC then. Actually, its a convertible with a folding metal top. DAMN good looking cars

I've outrun a v6 Eclipse from a stop in an 01 LS430, with about a 3 car lead by ~ 110. The 04+ models are quicker thanks to the 6spd auto instead of the 5. Neither is as quick as a WRX but things might get interesting from a roll.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Originally posted by John M
    I've outrun a v6 Eclipse from a stop in an 01 LS430, with about a 3 car lead by ~ 110. The 04+ models are quicker thanks to the 6spd auto instead of the 5. Neither is as quick as a WRX but things might get interesting from a roll.
    I ran one in my GT (pre-supercharger) from a 70 roll and put about 3 lengths on them...I think their weight and their slushy tranny kill em.
    2003 SRT-4

SC430's have become chick cars. Not sure how, but they have. Over 60% of the buyers are female now.

They sure are nice though. Definitely not a sports car, but nice!
    Scott in Houston

My parents have a Ls430 and that thing has balls. it feels alot stronger than the rex. 320 pound feet of torque. anyway i ran it witht he passport time and it ran a 14.5 @ 99. 430 will take stock rexs from a roll. wat does ur z28 run, must be pretty fast if u beat a 430 that much

Originally posted by aznwrx04
    My parents have a Ls430 and that thing has balls. it feels alot stronger than the rex. 320 pound feet of torque. anyway i ran it witht he passport time and it ran a 14.5 @ 99. 430 will take stock rexs from a roll. wat does ur z28 run, must be pretty fast if u beat a 430 that much
    12.6@113
    2003 SRT-4

Good kill. SC 430s have 4.3 liter V-8s connected to a 5 speed auto. 300HP and 320lbs torque. It is heavy, around 4000 lbs with a driver. Good for flat to low 6 second times all day long and pulls stronger at highway speeds,
    Allow myself to introduce myself

Good run. They're porkers.

The best looking lexus is the GS430. My friend has one with some 19" Volks' SF-Challenge on them . That thing is the shizniz. Put on a supercharge and it'll move pretty good. But the kit is like $8K