Raced out Celica GTS vs my STi - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced out Celica GTS vs my STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by crazycelica good race man against the gts....You should have put more than a car on him during ...

Originally posted by crazycelica
    good race man against the gts....You should have put more than a car on him during the launch...The STI is one damn sexxy car I test drove it and man its nice. But yeah, a sti vs a celica is no contest...maybe from a roll it would be close but still the STI has the upper hand. I'm not sure about high speed, 100 and up.

As you all probably can tell, I have a celica and I have gone 14.0 at the track and have trapped anywhere from 98-101 mph with just intake/exhaust/header. This was done without any weight reduction such as taking out the seats and what not. I believe in running at the track what I run on the street. Well now that I have the powerfc, I'm guessing, I'm in the mid-high 13s. I'm making about 194 to the wheel at the moment and am shooting to get 200 whp. I have raced a lot of wrx in the past and it would usually have an outcome of this:

at the launch, wrx puts carlengths on me but at the end of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, i'm gaining back the distance and then I would continue to pull. It is always a close race. On the freeway though, its another story. I would pull from 60 and upward. I haven't raced a STI on the highway yet but I have raced an EVO and I have pulled on him. It was a stock evo so I know that once its modded, its a different story.

Well here is a little video I put together enjoy.

CrazyCelicaGTS Video
    Wow, that's pretty amazing...the only guy I know in the 13s with a GTS that posts on ClubWRX can't match your numbers..he needs DR's and weight reduction.

You're telling me you'll hit mid to high 13s with just I/H/E/PowerFC, no DR's or weight reduction? Wow..simply amazing. Good to see you guys pushing the gauntlet. Fact is though, you're probably the exception to the norm, just like the RSX guy that hit 13.8 with I/E/Hondata.

And you're pulling on Evos with 194whp? Wow, what traps do you think you're running now? Must be higher than 102-104mph..that's really nice man.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

as once said by a very wise man while looking at a celica

[sneer]I drive a SPORTS car[/sneer]

lol

dR

Originally posted by smokey
    Wow, that's pretty amazing...the only guy I know in the 13s with a GTS that posts on ClubWRX can't match your numbers..he needs DR's and weight reduction.

You're telling me you'll hit mid to high 13s with just I/H/E/PowerFC, no DR's or weight reduction? Wow..simply amazing. Good to see you guys pushing the gauntlet. Fact is though, you're probably the exception to the norm, just like the RSX guy that hit 13.8 with I/E/Hondata.

And you're pulling on Evos with 194whp? Wow, what traps do you think you're running now? Must be higher than 102-104mph..that's really nice man.
    well I haven't gone to the track yet but I'm guessing I'm around there. When I ran the 14.0, I was probably putting down high 170 to low 180s. Now with the added power, I don't think mid 13 is out of the question. I ran my car using the G-tech pro (the latest one) which from a lot of people is more accurate than the old one and I have gotten 13.6-13.7 at around 104-105 mph. This was done when the weather was cooler than it is now. I ran my car a couple of days ago and got a 13.8 at 103.8 mph.

I know the gtech isn't hard proof. I still need to go to the track but it gives me an idea of what I should be running. This was done on a hot summer night so I'm hoping when it gets colder, around fall or winter, I will be heading out to the track
    01 CELICA GTS 6 SPEED

BEST TIME:
    14.03 Sacramento Speedway with I/H/E
    13.7 on G-tech with I/E/H/PFC

Originally posted by crazycelica
    well I haven't gone to the track yet but I'm guessing I'm around there. When I ran the 14.0, I was probably putting down high 170 to low 180s. Now with the added power, I don't think mid 13 is out of the question. I ran my car using the G-tech pro (the latest one) which from a lot of people is more accurate than the old one and I have gotten 13.6-13.7 at around 104-105 mph. This was done when the weather was cooler than it is now. I ran my car a couple of days ago and got a 13.8 at 103.8 mph.

I know the gtech isn't hard proof. I still need to go to the track but it gives me an idea of what I should be running. This was done on a hot summer night so I'm hoping when it gets colder, around fall or winter, I will be heading out to the track
    Hey man, I'll be rooting for you. I think its awsome that our little N/A 4 bangers can run those times with such few mods. I'm not some pansy fan boi..I like any car where people put time and effort into it, so kudos to you bro.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by Danbob
    I had a couple of stop light wars with different gts's - They all think they are racecar drivers - I hate those cars - I really Really do - Just flat out have no res[ect for them, the ugly bodykits, the stupid front end, and the morons who drive and crash them like they are disposable in my area - I am so disappointed that the GTS isn't more of a threat - it's like racing a 3rd gen eclipse- people who drive them think they are invincible beause their car is a coupe and LOOKS fast- same type of attitude from the drivers or Tibourons, Celicas, Si's, Tegs, and new eclipse's. As far as cars like that go - a nice swapped mid ninties civic hatch fully built with no bodykit and no graphics/small rims would be my choice for making toast out of cocky assed non-turbo drivers.

As many "intelligent" GT-S will tell you, they are difficult cars to drive correctly. Despite what you may think, that 6-speed is NOT geared ideally... the 1-2 shift will make or break a race for a Celica driver. CrazyCelicaGTS is one of the most respected members over on NewCelica.org, and I think 14.0 is a decent time for a 1.8L N/A car with only bolt ons.

I can understand not having respect for many Celica owners, and even I don't have respect for alot of them. Many of those I've met are uninformed kids who think that huge wings and hideous body kits are the coolest things ever. I know damn good and well what my car is capable of, and what it's not. I also give respect where it's due.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

that video is sick..so is your car..i've already seen that video...my brother has turned into a celica nut now that he knows they can made fast without FI....i wonder if his talking to you on the celica forums before
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    that video is sick..so is your car..i've already seen that video...my brother has turned into a celica nut now that he knows they can made fast without FI....i wonder if his talking to you on the celica forums before
    what is his name?
    01 CELICA GTS 6 SPEED

BEST TIME:
    14.03 Sacramento Speedway with I/H/E
    13.7 on G-tech with I/E/H/PFC

his name is Hrach...but idk if that's what he gives cause people have trouble announcing it...i'll ask him what his SN is on the forums

celica

the latest celica is definately THE BEST looking corolla ever made! toyota really knows how to dress up a corolla. they also know how to dress up the echo and sell it as a scion. damn nice looking.

anyway, get the celica while you can, its gone after the 2005 year. wont be back until toyota decides to future-retro it.

and now they have a corolla xrs with the celica gt-s engine. sweet. its the most practical celica out there.

platform engineering rules! i love 50 different cars all made from the same platform.

The Celica is such a great handling car! Hardly any body roll! It made my former Civic feel like a Montero. It may not be the fastest but with a few light mods, it'll keep up with a Subie and give it a hard time on the track.

IMO It's also a nice-looking car stock, and nicer if modded properly.

It'll be sad when Celi's finally cease production, all thanks to Toyota and that ugly, cockroach-looking Scion TC
    Gian - '06 Aspen White STi
    My site.

Re: celica

Originally posted by humara
    the latest celica is definately THE BEST looking corolla ever made! toyota really knows how to dress up a corolla. they also know how to dress up the echo and sell it as a scion. damn nice looking.

WTF are you talking about? The 7th Gen Celica, GT and GT-S, are NOT built on the Corolla platform. It's a completely redesigned car by Calty Research and Design in California. The Corolla and GT share the same 1ZZ-FE engine... but the similarities end there.

As I recall, I don't think the xA, xB, or the tC are built on the Echo chassis, either.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

wtf am i talking about.

I'll tell you wtf i'm talking about:
    (from sport compact car)
    Comparisons with the Celica, which is also built on the Corolla platform, are unavoidable when discussing the Matrix. Both were styled at Toyota's CALTY design studio; both share the same brake system, down to the rotor size and caliper design; and both use almost identical front suspension designs, sharing geometry with changes to handle the Matrix's extra mass.
    WTF are you talking about? The 7th Gen Celica, GT and GT-S, are NOT built on the Corolla platform. It's a completely redesigned car by Calty Research and Design in California.
    re designed the body maybe, but calty doesn't do any chassis engineering. they're designers up there.

oh, and here's a link:
    http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/ro...201scc_matrix/

but like i was saying, IT IS THE BEST LOOKING COROLLA you can buy. way nicer than the rav4,corrolla or matrix. but i guess a matrix can probably out handle everything on the road too. its only 258 lbs heavier than the celica.

you might be right about the scions only sharing the echo's engine. obviously the Tc is a different platform. (from a japan only small econo box)linklink

99% of anything sport compact car says is laughable. if they had an article about the grass being actually green, i'd tell everyone I know it's in fact blue.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Re: wtf am i talking about.

Originally posted by humara
    I'll tell you wtf i'm talking about:
    (from sport compact car)

re designed the body maybe, but calty doesn't do any chassis engineering. they're designers up there.

oh, and here's a link:
    http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/ro...201scc_matrix/

but like i was saying, IT IS THE BEST LOOKING COROLLA you can buy. way nicer than the rav4,corrolla or matrix. but i guess a matrix can probably out handle everything on the road too. its only 258 lbs heavier than the celica.

you might be right about the scions only sharing the echo's engine. obviously the Tc is a different platform. (from a japan only small econo box)linklink

who really cares about this except yourself??? ...its a hell of a car..it handles better than wrx stock and from a roll it would put up a nice fight bone stock...celica gts is a nice car overall...stop sayin Sh!t for no reason

options.

hey, i'm not debating the handling of the car. i'm merely saying you could get similar handling on several cars toyota makes. the matrix has the same wheelbase and suspension. holds quite a bit more stuff and/or people.

i would say platform engineering is a pretty popular topic and I'm not the only one interested in it. its a necessary evil in the auto industry. hell, the 350z shares the same platfrom with altima, maxima, quest, murano, g35, g35 coupe, etc...

i dont understand why you would just swear and tell me there is no reason to this conversation.

i'm sure your car is great handling. i'm not sure what you mean by putting up a great fight from a roll. i guess that's a nice way of saying getting beat? but hey, that's neither here nor there.

you have to say that the celica is nicer looking than a corolla or matrix or whatever else they decide to build off that platform. rav4.

but yeah, i'll uh stop saying **** for no reason. nice one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast