Stock 02 wagon Vs. g35 coupe 6 speed...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock 02 wagon Vs. g35 coupe 6 speed... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im posting this because i've hearn alot of people saying how bad the g35 would ***** a stock wrx on ...

Stock 02 wagon Vs. g35 coupe 6 speed...

im posting this because i've hearn alot of people saying how bad the g35 would ***** a stock wrx on a roll but today i was lucky enough to race a g35 3 times from different speeds...
    btw this was 4 am empty abonded backstreets
    first race was off 40 mph roll....when i tried to get up next to him he just took off so i punched it and he jumped about half a car on me and was starting to slowly pull then we both let off at 95-100mph
    second race off 30 mph once again i was trying to get next to him but as i was near his side he downshifted and took off this time i expected it and he only jumped because he took off first and we stayed side by side he only had his bumper ahead of mine because of the jump...
    third race was off a 20 mph roll...he took off first again like a ***** tht he was...he chirped on 2nd and i gained at the end of 2nd...he chirped 3rd and we just stayed neck and neck then let off at 90....
    i just thought it was amazing how he chirped on 3rd didnt think a g35 had it in `em...
    ANYWAYS just goes to show that a g35 really doesnt have much on a stock subbie and these people have been giving these cars too much credit...maybe top end it would beat a wrx but who is dumb enough to do that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sounds like fun. Good runs
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

i kind of have to agree, my friend has a g35 coupe, but with an auto, just like me, and i hae raced him a couple of times, he was won all times, but barely, from a roll, if im in boost, ill put up a fight, but i hate going 20 mph in 2nd gear, doesnt even move nice races.
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

Coincidentally, I ran into one today as well. We were entering the expressway together early this morning him ahead of me. I was in a bit of a rush as I was late for rugby practise so I scooted out quickly to the left lane. When he saw this he gunned it but to my suprise I easily overtook him and continued to pull for many lengths until he layed off. I have an 02 wagon with up/down pipe.

Wonder if the additional 15HP they have for 05 will make a difference, if it is real HP that is.

Originally posted by scott144
    Coincidentally, I ran into one today as well. We were entering the expressway together early this morning him ahead of me. I was in a bit of a rush as I was late for rugby practise so I scooted out quickly to the left lane. When he saw this he gunned it but to my suprise I easily overtook him and continued to pull for many lengths until he layed off. I have an 02 wagon with up/down pipe.
    Was it silver? Before I got my accessport and DP, I ran into a silver one. We left from the light normally, no launch. When we were going about 20mph, he put his foot to the floor, so I followed suit. He started pulling on me, and by the end of 3rd he had a good car and a half on me. But man, I'd like to run into him now.

Nice to see someone from Ottawa on the boards!
    2003 Sedona Red WRX

Great to see another Ottawan here as well. I was going to start a thread yesterday to see if there was anyone from Canada who had ordered an Accessport and if the transaction across the border went smoothly or not.

I ordered it yesterday anyways....What are the chances of hooking up in the future so you can take me for a ride so I can see what to expect?

Regards,

Oh yeah, and it was a silver one....40 ish guy getting onto 417 at Innes

Originally posted by scott144
    Great to see another Ottawan here as well. I was going to start a thread yesterday to see if there was anyone from Canada who had ordered an Accessport and if the transaction across the border went smoothly or not.

I ordered it yesterday anyways....What are the chances of hooking up in the future so you can take me for a ride so I can see what to expect?

Regards,

Oh yeah, and it was a silver one....40 ish guy getting onto 417 at Innes
    Yea, I think that's the same guy. You will love the accessport. I had mine delivered to Ogdensburg NY, and just drove across the boarder and picked it up. You'll save yourself alot of money with shipping, duties and taxes that way. I can give you an address you can ship it too if you want?

There is also an Ottawa area subaru club. You should check out memberships, which cost very little but you'll get discounts all over the city, even at dealerships!

What part of the city do you live in? I'm in the west end. Lemme know, I can take ya out to see what stg 2 is.
    2003 Sedona Red WRX

I am in the East end. I am on holidays for the next few weeks so let me know when you have a spare moment and we can hookup...BTW, what is that address and the procedures for using it?

thanx in advance.

scott144 I sent you a private message about the PO Box in NY.
    2003 Sedona Red WRX

Re: Stock 02 wagon Vs. g35 coupe 6 speed...

Originally posted by evL`WrX
    im posting this because i've hearn alot of people saying how bad the g35 would ***** a stock wrx on a roll but today i was lucky enough to race a g35 3 times from different speeds...
    btw this was 4 am empty abonded backstreets
    first race was off 40 mph roll....when i tried to get up next to him he just took off so i punched it and he jumped about half a car on me and was starting to slowly pull then we both let off at 95-100mph
    second race off 30 mph once again i was trying to get next to him but as i was near his side he downshifted and took off this time i expected it and he only jumped because he took off first and we stayed side by side he only had his bumper ahead of mine because of the jump...
    third race was off a 20 mph roll...he took off first again like a ***** tht he was...he chirped on 2nd and i gained at the end of 2nd...he chirped 3rd and we just stayed neck and neck then let off at 90....
    i just thought it was amazing how he chirped on 3rd didnt think a g35 had it in `em...
    ANYWAYS just goes to show that a g35 really doesnt have much on a stock subbie and these people have been giving these cars too much credit...maybe top end it would beat a wrx but who is dumb enough to do that?
    Maybe he was having a bad day or just got a bad car from the factory. I have an '04 auto G35 coupe and just last week, i went head to head with an EVO. We both didn't launch, just a rolling start. I had him by 1 1/2 cars through first, then he started gaining little by little through each gear. At about 75mph, we were pretty much even with me still in front by a little.

Im not calling BS but im just saying that everybody has bad days and maybe that guy was just having one. A stock wrx, especially a wagon which weighs more, cannot pull on a 6spd G35 coupe.
    Last edited by fastwrx135; 08-10-2004 at 01:02 PM.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Re: Re: Stock 02 wagon Vs. g35 coupe 6 speed...

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    I have an '04 auto G35 coupe and just last week, i went head to head with an EVO. We both didn't launch, just a rolling start. I had him by 1 1/2 cars through first, then he started gaining little by little through each gear. At about 75mph, we were pretty much even with me still in front by a little.
    Sounds like he might have missed second gear.

Re: Re: Re: Stock 02 wagon Vs. g35 coupe 6 speed...

Originally posted by eluminx
    Sounds like he might have missed second gear.
    Why?? Are you saying that a 280hp G35 coupe can't keep up with a 268hp EVO??
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.