Me VS A ton of people
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Me VS A ton of people within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A bunch of people from Omaha were down tonight and we got a ton of good runs in. I went ...

Me VS A ton of people

A bunch of people from Omaha were down tonight and we got a ton of good runs in. I went 3-1.....i went down to a honda....hehe.

First run was a 04 STi that a friend of mine owns. He has full helix exhaust and was just running higher octane gas. We had equal launches and i missed second but got it in eventually, pulled about 2 cars halfway through fourth gear, good run.

Next was a 91 eagle talon TSI. He has full thermal exhaust, 18psi, SAFC-ii, and a few other basic mods. I beat him through the launch and had him by about 7 cars at 105. This car beat me last night when I was on my pump gas map that was knocking, put in 100 octane and ran 1.4 bar all night, a little better

I then ran a 92 honda civic DX hatch with a completely built motor, slicks on the front, tubo and a huge spearco front mount. I got him through the launch, MISSED SECOND AGAIN, he pulls ahead a half car after my miss and then continues to pull me by about 3 cars at 105. SWEET car, total sleeper, the thing is sick, wicked top end.

Last run of the night was a Ford Lightning. I forget his mods, basic bolt ons. I had a sweet launch and pulled two cars and coninued to walk away til 100. Had him by about 5-6 cars.

All in all awesome night. Must thank Weedy for helping me tune my 100 octane map. It is pretty smooth, goodbye knock!!
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good job man, i wish i knew how to freakin program the ecu that'd be sweet how'd you learn to do that? is it really that difficult? or could anyone learn it with time...

You're in NE with neversatisfied right? Make him get his buddies to tape your runs!
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

awesome runs dude - just work on that 2nd gear, hehe

good runs, for second gear pull dont hard
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

the runs are on tape!!! My buddy kyle just has to find the time to upload them, he's a super busy dude.

And with regards to the UTEC, I just had my friend who is very familiar with it to help me learn it. After that it is really just playing around with it and doing logs. It rules!

And shutup about second gear......i hate you...... .....just kidding
    Last edited by Cavadini; 08-08-2004 at 03:28 PM.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    MODS

Teach me to tune UTEC

Its too confusing...I don't know if I too rich or too lean etc etc.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

read the manual, then read it again, then make sure you have an EGT gauge at least, preferably a wideband of some sort.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    MODS

Re: Me VS A ton of people

Originally posted by Cavadini

I then ran a 92 honda civic DX hatch with a completely built motor, slicks on the front, tubo and a huge spearco front mount. I got him through the launch, MISSED SECOND AGAIN, he pulls ahead a half car after my miss and then continues to pull me by about 3 cars at 105. SWEET car, total sleeper, the thing is sick, wicked top end.
    What does this DX look like? I just want to be prepared when I get my doors blown off if I run into this Civic.
    2004 WRX

honestly the UTEC is not that hard to learn. You just need the right tools.

To tune boost you just put it in gear for the highest gear you want to pull with. Most people use 4th, but if you are running say the 1/8th.. you'd want to use 3rd. This gear will boost the highest. Set your UTEC to run closed loop boost and set it for 16.5 or whatever you want to hit.

Timing is easy too. Run base timing and slowly advance it until the UTEC pulls because of knock. Retard it until you have no more knock.

Fuel is a little more difficult but not really. Tune the 100% column by pulling fuel from the basemaps. Just log WOT and it will read REALLY rich from the base maps. Pull 5 points in the really rich spots, 3 in the very rich, and 1 when its just a little low. Just keep pulling until you have 10.5 or whatever your target AFR is all the way down the WOT pull (I have 91 octane so I use 10.5). Then do the same for the lower columns making sure you stay in the right load site.

That should get you a fairly decent roadtune.

Rob
    2004 Silver WRX.
    TurboXS TBE with Prodrive Muffler - Godspeed Uppipe - UTEC - TUNA W/B - Steel Grey Rota Downshifts - VF35 - Pinks

Re: Re: Me VS A ton of people

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    What does this DX look like? I just want to be prepared when I get my doors blown off if I run into this Civic.
    It is light blue with a black front bumper. Big front mount and I think it still has tinted windows. The car has a LS engine in it with rods and pistons, but no sleeves. Put down 325 to the front wheels. A kid that looks about 12 years old will be driving it.

The guys name is Wade. Pretty cool guy.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.