Me vs TT (little long)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Me vs TT (little long) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is my first real kill in my new car, well Ive raced 2 civics and a "built" CRX and ...

hXc

Me vs TT (little long)

This is my first real kill in my new car, well Ive raced 2 civics and a "built" CRX and I beat both of them in my stock 04WRX. Well any way I had to go to the bank and stuff and I pull up to a stop light and next to me I see this guy who is probably like 25-28 revving up his engine next to me in his audi TT. I test drove the 225hp version and its fun but I think the WRX is faster. But any way I take off normal and he does but once we get to like 25 he punches it and the cuts me off and hits his hazards, like a ricer so I laugh it off. Well I turn to go to the bank and he follows me into the parking lot. So as Im walking out hes there, "hey man you want to run that thing?" Well at this point I see this sticker on his car saying HPA Motorsports and Im kinda timid, and I was like sure, what kind of mods to you have, then he gave me this BS story about how he just got his car back from Canada a few days ago and was testing it out, and I told him I was stock, well besides the pine tree air freshner that adds atleast 5hp. But any way we line up on this back road out in the the middle of no where ( no lines on this road) and we go from a dig and I got him off the line and all the way upto like 105, before I shut down and by this time I was a good 3 or 4 car lengths on him and I didnt even launch that hard. So either he is a terrible driver or HPA didnt mod his car, or maybe they put shifter and a sticker on it but I killed him and im pretty happy now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If it was a stock quattro that sounds like a little too good of a kill. Those things have 225hp, 207 tq. and weigh 3200...pretty comparable, slightly slower than a stock Rex. If it was a stock base model though, I'm surprised you didn't beat him by more.

My brother just got one a little while ago, the 225hp quattro. its a convertible tho, and those things are tanks. He let me drive it, and I wasnt really too impressed w/ it. the power at least. Im not sure how the lighter coupe compares, but they're still quite heavy too. Its still a damn nice car tho, the exhaust note, even w/ the stock mufflers is quite nice and you can hear the turbo pretty well too. I was most impressed w/ the tranny tho, that thing shifted so smoothly compared to my rex, the clutch pedal was light, the shifter just slid from gear to gear. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Stock for stock tho I still think a rex has the advantage....but like i said, my only experience is w/ the convertible, the coupe may be different

I drove the 225 quattro coupe for about 3 months before I had my REX. If launched properly the 225couple is easily in the same league as the rex. If you didn't launch hard and you beat the TT as bad as you say, somethign was wrong. In my opinion that TT i had with the 6 speed had more top end from a roll than my stock wrx did. It definately is in the powerband more often
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

Originally posted by cb259
    If it was a stock quattro that sounds like a little too good of a kill. Those things have 225hp, 207 tq. and weigh 3200...pretty comparable, slightly slower than a stock Rex. If it was a stock base model though, I'm surprised you didn't beat him by more.
    I agree. I sort of went against a 225hp TT when my car was new. At a red light, I was behind a car that was beside the TT and turning right. Of course the TT got a 1 length head start while I was waiting for the car in front to turn. I launched after the already launched TT and was behind by 1/2 a car near the top of second. I was pulling slowly and only got a nose on him before I had to shut down at around 90. My lane was ending, and I had to get behind him. I think I got my point across that the WRX is a tad quicker. I know it was the 225hp version by the factory dual exhaust.
    2004 WRX

The way I see it is performance vs luxury....take your pic
    Obviously I took the performance
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    good kill...I see TT's a lot around here but I can never get them to race me.
    2003 SRT-4

I've beaten one of these easily in my stage 2 WRX. The sad thing was that the TT driver was my age (40) and had what I presume was his son with him. The even sadder thing was that he tried again at the next light...

skvfx
    i raced my friend's stock TT when my WRX was stock. i slipped the clutch, and BAM i win. not even win. its like rape. i beat the thing by like 16 car lengths...we did it multiple times, the outcome was the same. im guessing hes just not a good driver, but then i drove the TT nd lost to my own WRX when i let him drive it, though it was only by a car length. so...yeh...i have no respect for TT anymore.

they aren't really the sportiest, but they respond really well to mods....

you should be lucky he didnt have any ECU work
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.