Stage IV VS Supercharged SATURN ION!!!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage IV VS Supercharged SATURN ION!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm not impressed by the Saturn Ion Redline in terms of raw power. However, I heard they handle pretty well ...

I'm not impressed by the Saturn Ion Redline in terms of raw power. However, I heard they handle pretty well and have good brakes.

I don't know why that owner couldn't realize how he'd get his ass handed to him by you but whatever, guess he wanted some "fun".
    Slow Neon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive some of the saturn guys, one of my friends is a huge saturn guy. one of the nice saturns, the guys are cool, well because they have to fab everything up.

I knew this guy with a custom fab sl2, with a home grown turbo kit pulling 13s and ran it safely as his daily. It wasn't cool because he had a turbo, its cool because he did it himself.
    "Son video games develop better hand eye coordination and make children into better human beings" - Prof. Membrane

Originally posted by TheBoostCreep
    C/D estimated times:

0-60: 6.2s
    1/4 mile: 15.0s @ 96mph

15 flat....hmmmm. Sounds a bit optimistic

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=2
    Road & Track Sept. 2004

2004 Saturn Ion Red Line

0-20-1.5
    0-40-3.8
    0-60-6.2
    0-80-10.2
    0-100-15.8
    1/4 14.8@97.1
    2004 WRX

I got the magazine today too and that is what they have. If thats true, Subaru needs to step up the power in the WRX. It just needs a little more and then they should up the STi power anyways to compete better with the Evo MR. Heres to hoping for redesigned '06s.

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    Road & Track Sept. 2004

2004 Saturn Ion Red Line

0-20-1.5
    0-40-3.8
    0-60-6.2
    0-80-10.2
    0-100-15.8
    1/4 14.8@97.1
    That trap speed is enough to beat a stock WRX from a roll. Obviously quarter mile is another story but I'd watch out for those cars if I was driving a stock WRX.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

The Ion redline is a joke - It's totally a ridiculous car - the nicest thing about it are the seats like car and driver said - trust me - I am a saturn buff - I had a modded 01 sc before the rex and while it was a pretty and unique car - it was still a joke performance/handling wise - I drive a new ion coupe and it wasnt the redline but from that I can almost assume how the redline would drive - doesnt hold a candle - but I would take it over a tibouron - hate those cars man - I am not dissing saturn because I know some really friggin fast turbo ones and the custom fabbing takes a lot of time on those cars (trust me I did minimal custom stuff on mine and it felt like forever). The plus side is that saturns are extremely easy to take apart/put back together and any aftermarket parts that you buy for them are almost always a perfect fit considering the limited aftermarket availability - if you wanna see some nice saturns but cocky owner talk - check out www.saturnspeed.net - its my old stomping grounds.
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

Originally posted by silverscooby
    That trap speed is enough to beat a stock WRX from a roll. Obviously quarter mile is another story but I'd watch out for those cars if I was driving a stock WRX.
    Those were my thoughts exactly after seeing the trap speed. Here we go again.... Get ready to see kill story galore on the Saturn forums. I think I am going with a Cobb Accessport really soon. I just can't bear losing to a Saturn.
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    Road & Track Sept. 2004

2004 Saturn Ion Red Line

0-20-1.5
    0-40-3.8
    0-60-6.2
    0-80-10.2
    0-100-15.8
    1/4 14.8@97.1
    I read that article, the compairson between the Redline and the SRT. They only pulled a 14.5 with the srt. If I fell asleep half way down the track and my foot slipped off the gas, I might only run 14.5. I think my first time ever drag racing, in my bone stock SRT with stock tire pressure and the spare tire in the trunk, I ran a 14.6. In an 03. Stock 04's crack <14.00 almost every time.

Anyway, point is, either the track was really slow, which means the Ion is capable of being much faster - OR R&T, which if i'm not mistaken is owned by GM, managed to pull an incredible Ion time and a sh*t SRT time to help hedge the bet of it being an SRT competitor.

Everyone who's tested a Redline and an SRT has said there's no way the Redline can keep up with the SRT in a straight line. I'm waiting to see SCC or Motortrend run it...
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

all this crap talking about saturns... its because like honda owners its mostly kids that dont know sh1t!! I had before I wanted an AWD car, a 2002 sc1. I did a lot to, as in suspension, tires, motor, tranny, turbo.....etc..... It was a fast car. I was pushing over 290WHP. I could go around corners a lot better than a stock wrx. My car was really light too. The new redline is saturn trying out and seeing if they can compete in the compact world. And for this being their first time I think they did a pretty damn good job. And those things can be hooked up just as easy. But they will never have the AWD we have and that is the advantage that I love!!!
    PICTURES

OBP Impreza WRX STi Stage 2 @22psi. MasterTuned on 94 octane. PIA Dyno'd at 301 AWHP & 330 AWTQ only could boost at 19psi on the dyno so not sure what it would be at 22psi.

(Cenex Gas http://www.chsinc.com/auburn/Tacoma.htm )

Quote Originally Posted by dewmudgeon View Post
    ok, so if i wanted a bov and got a cai as well,
    would they equal eachother out? creating minimal problems?

I'm all for the redline. I just don't think it's anywhere near a competitor of the SRT or WRX in the sport compact world. I don't think it has the power stock necessary to compete, but not many cars do. I guess, IMO, if saturn is going to come in after the WRX and SRT, they should have brought a bigger gun, knowing what the fight is like.

Competition is good for the breed though. I've got high expectations for the Cobalt SS. And now that the ~$20k performance group has been stepped up, we'll see what happens...
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by cb259
    Saturn drivers= cocky drivers with bad credit
    2002 WRB 4EAT WRX
    TXS turboback exhaust, Eibach springs, grounding mod, Perrin Short ram

i raced one in my spec v.............apparently he missed the fmic and the whistle when i shifted needless to say, it was reaaaaal ugly for him. that car is fugly.
    GOODSPEED PERFORMANCE LAB

Originally posted by wrxinfx
    yup sounds a bit optimistic to me. Although it is supercharged so anything is possible. Numbers could be under rated. Just look at the srt 4. dodge did some sandbaggin on that one.
    The cars ARE underrated...

They come with 200whp stock.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Now the Pontiac version will be much cooler. Probably about the same weight (or less) and RWD. The solstice or whatever.
    -Andrew

Originally posted by cb259
    Saturn drivers= cocky drivers with bad credit
    I find that pretty true, i know two guys who fit the discription very well. At least untill they tried to run against me at the strip.

One of them even cam back with a new Tourus SHO. but same results. The best part is, I like how the talk them selfs up so big and then they end up running them selfs straight into the ground face first. And the keep on doing it
    time after time.
    Last edited by Rice Boi; 08-17-2004 at 04:06 PM.
    HKW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.