Beat SRT-10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beat SRT-10 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sounds good doesnt it? I ran one at the drag strip last night and he spun so much I won!!...

Beat SRT-10

sounds good doesnt it?

I ran one at the drag strip last night and he spun so much I won!!
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea sounds good!

Did he start pulling on you after he hooked up??

he sure did
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    An SRT 10 spinning? This doesn't sound plausible to me.

They really aren't that fast, anyway, are they? I don't want to be a magazine racer, but I believe Car and Driver ran a 13.6 at 105 MPH. The E.T. is pretty slow and the trap speed is not too impressive. I think Dodge could have done better.

sht
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    An SRT 10 spinning? This doesn't sound plausible to me.

They really aren't that fast, anyway, are they? I don't want to be a magazine racer, but I believe Car and Driver ran a 13.6 at 105 MPH. The E.T. is pretty slow and the trap speed is not too impressive. I think Dodge could have done better.
    its a fricking huge truck i think they did fairly well. but till take the new lighting
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by sht
    its a fricking huge truck i think they did fairly well. but till take the new lighting
    For $13,000 over the price of a Lightning, you get .2 of a second and 1 MPH. Plus you get a worse suspension. I don't thing that sounds too great. I hope the new Lightning puts the SRT 10 out of production.

Re: Beat SRT-10

Originally posted by adam3482p
    sounds good doesnt it?

I ran one at the drag strip last night and he spun so much I won!!
    Lies

Originally posted by zoophagy
    For $13,000 over the price of a Lightning, you get .2 of a second and 1 MPH. Plus you get a worse suspension. I don't thing that sounds too great. I hope the new Lightning puts the SRT 10 out of production.
    It's a rich fat-boy's toy, nothing more.

Very True

The SRT-10 may look Ferocious ( Did I spell that right )
    but it isn't fast at all. I test drove one, and was very disappointed, being it has 500hp. The lightning now with 300+ hp feels about the same as the SRT-10, so I know that when the new ightning comes out, it wiil blow the doors off of it. The Ram is just way to heavy, and those 20 inch rims aren't helping either. I look at the SRT-10 Ram as a show Truck with some ump in it, not an all out Drag Truck.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Re: Very True

Originally posted by SRT THIS
    The SRT-10 may look Ferocious ( Did I spell that right )
    but it isn't fast at all. I test drove one, and was very disappointed, being it has 500hp. The lightning now with 300+ hp feels about the same as the SRT-10, so I know that when the new ightning comes out, it wiil blow the doors off of it. The Ram is just way to heavy, and those 20 inch rims aren't helping either. I look at the SRT-10 Ram as a show Truck with some ump in it, not an all out Drag Truck.

correction...22"...woowee 50lbs of wheel on each corner, and that doesnt even include tires!!

but nonetheless, fast or not...turns my head when i see one. just like nothing else. makes the old lightning look a little tame...but when that new one coming out....here comes another shootout, i can see the title now '1000hp, 15liters of displacement, and 9mpg average' (i dunno how big the lightning engine would be)

the question is why? why do they exist?? hehe...
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

Re: Re: Very True

Originally posted by express_wagon
    correction...22"...woowee 50lbs of wheel on each corner, and that doesnt even include tires!!

but nonetheless, fast or not...turns my head when i see one. just like nothing else. makes the old lightning look a little tame...but when that new one coming out....here comes another shootout, i can see the title now '1000hp, 15liters of displacement, and 9mpg average' (i dunno how big the lightning engine would be)

Oops, my mistake, thanks for the correction. 22's is way to big for a Truck thats made to be fast. Still looks Bad Azz though.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Re: Re: Very True

Originally posted by express_wagon
    My sentiments exaclty. I seriously fail to see what you do with a RWD oversized ute except help your mates move house and spend three hours looking for two adjoing car spaces so you could park it.
    And you dont need 500hp to do that.

Hate to do the cross-continental-comparison thing but here is an example of (I guess) what is our equivalent market.

But with 300kw in a ute, I dont know if you would call it a pick-up truck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled-1 copy.gif  

Re: Re: Re: Very True

Originally posted by archiebrown
    My sentiments exaclty. I seriously fail to see what you do with a RWD oversized ute except help your mates move house and spend three hours looking for two adjoing car spaces so you could park it.
    And you dont need 500hp to do that.

Hate to do the cross-continental-comparison thing but here is an example of (I guess) what is our equivalent market.

But with 300kw in a ute, I dont know if you would call it a pick-up truck.
    What the f" is that. That thing looks bad@ss. If autos looked like that over here.... $hit.... i'd own one

That particular vehicle is a HSV Maloo R8.

From a dig it does about as much as the SRT-10.
    That is, goes very quickly.....through a set of rear tyres and nowhere else.

Most of them end up wrapped around trees.

hmm....el camino perhaps....
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.