silly police...

This is a discussion on silly police... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so im comin home from my gf house (winter garden) about an hour ago. as im passing through oakland i ...

Talking silly police...

so im comin home from my gf house (winter garden) about an hour ago. as im passing through oakland i see about 4 oakland police pull over an SUV. at the next light an older bmw pulls up next to me. when the light turns green i mildly accelerated, which for some reason made the bimmer think he had to beat me , and of course i pushed down on the go pedal a bit more, and shifted from 3rd to 4th.

we hit about 50 (in a 55) and blue lights come on behind him and he gets pulled. i say to myself 'crappy for him' so of course they come on behind me and i get pulled (oakland is well known for harassing people for no reason)...

i give him my licensce, and we both notice a chopper go overhead, and he says 'there's my backup...' and smirks. he asks me if i was racing that other car...so of course i deny it (i was just accelerating a bit faster intentionally, whats the harm? ). he asks when my last ticket was and goes back to his car, but forgets the registration and comes back.

then asks me to start it (3 dead cats and stock muffler...) and says 'ahh its one of those exhausts' to which i reply 'nope...stock', and i get the raised eyebrow. i nod my head 'stock'.

so then he chaecks it out and comes back. then i asked him about the chopper and bs and he pulls his belt up, laughs and says 'it makes me feel special'.

so anyhoo, they musta been bored cause we didnt rev at each other, neither of us broke traction and we didnt speed...least he wasnt a ****...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

gotta love teh awd goodness...hard to break traction! just another thing teh po-pos can get ppl for!

so then he chaecks it out and comes back. then i asked him about the chopper and bs and he pulls his belt up, laughs and says 'it makes me feel special'.
    lol
    thats good stuff

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    my friend is Piedmont PD, assuming you're talking about oakland, CA
    2003 SRT-4

negative...central florida. is there a winter garden near oakland, ca? (thatd be weird! ) our oakland is a typical tiny town...luckily for them its right off the turnpike so they can make nice revenue from speeders.

Originally posted by rexnprogress
    negative...central florida. is there a winter garden near oakland, ca? (thatd be weird! ) our oakland is a typical tiny town...luckily for them its right off the turnpike so they can make nice revenue from speeders.
    our oakland is ghetto
    2004 Subaru Wrx Sti

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by isr96
    our oakland is ghetto
    werd
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by Spectre186
    gotta love teh awd goodness...hard to break traction! just another thing teh po-pos can get ppl for!
    The po-pos try anything. One night just hanging out with some other friends in the area they tried bustin' me('04 STi) and my buddy('04 EVO) for lighting our tires in the parking lot. Kinds hard not impossible though with the AWD but it is impossible when we weren't in the cars. They try anything when they're bored.

<--- Pulled for "changing lanes too quickly" in a stock 95 Grand Am...upon hearing this the judge through it out of court and told the deputy he was tired of seeing him in his courtroom for the day.
    Really
    Idiotic
    Car
    Enhancements

--Nuff Said--

Click here to visit the Grand Am's web page

Originally posted by Suby_Progress
    <--- Pulled for "changing lanes too quickly" in a stock 95 Grand Am...upon hearing this the judge through it out of court and told the deputy he was tired of seeing him in his courtroom for the day.
    It's nice to hear that the judge actually listened to the accused motorist. Around here (West Chicago suburbs) they don't seem to care about fairness very much

Sorry its a little Off topic, and i didnt feel like starting a new thread

I went to court a lil while ago... and i got a ticket for speeding...
    the first time i went, I got the wrong date on the ticket so obviously I had to go back. But everyone who's COP wasnt there got dismissed imediatly.

so the 2nd time I go back, the cop isnt there or anyhting, so Im thinking that im free to go.

the judge calls me up and instead of dismissing me quickly askes.

"how do you pleed?"

I was gonna be like.. ummm, dont I have 5th ammendment rights (right againest self - incrimination I think) and if there is no cop, then there is no witness (not counting me)

I said guilty, and she made me pay 75 dollars for going 15 over.
    The Clerk said it wouldnt be a conviction and that i wouldnt have to go to traffic school, and that I'd just have Supervision for 4 months (I basically cant get a ticket for 4 months)

but ya, was the judge allowed to do that? :/
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

After you plead guilty yes. When the cop is not there you plead innocent and there is no testimony against you so you win automatically. This is how I've always seen it done.