'03 Cobra... Slow!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on '03 Cobra... Slow! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, maybe not slow hehe.... I was cruising up the turnpike minding my business when I happen to drive up ...

I Support ClubWRX

'03 Cobra... Slow!

Ok, maybe not slow hehe....

I was cruising up the turnpike minding my business when I happen to drive up behind an '03 cobra. I've never really gotten too good of a look at one in real life, so I was kinda looking over at it... he was checking my car out too, so we gave each other the tunmbs up and kept driving. We were kinding goading each other on, wishing we had some open road. We approach the toll plaza and we both have ezpass. The cobra gets to an open ez pass lane while i'm in the lane next to him behind some slow poke. So what does the cobra do?? He stops right in the toll plaza and waits for me. I pull into the plaza, stop even with him, give him the nod, and we're off!! He pulls slightly ahead in first until I hit boost and then I inched just past him. I hit second and pull ahead a car length. By the end of third I'm a good 4-5 cars in front of him at least. I slow down and he catches up.... he hangs his head a little bit, gives me a big thumbs up and we keep driving. God those things sound great. Nothing like the roar of a V8 behind you to make you feel warm and fuzzy!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sht
    fotget stoplight warrior now it's tollbooth warrior
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by sht
    LOL

another good kill for midknight. any mew mods on that stage 8?
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Originally posted by sht

LMFAO

Nice kill.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    good kill but you sure it wasn't an 01?? Those are still fairly quick (320hp)
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    good kill but you sure it wasn't an 01?? Those are still fairly quick (320hp)
    did ya miss his sig? "Steve: 341whp, 302wft-lbs @ 20psi" A stock late model cobra puts about 345-355 to the ground and weighs in at a whopping 3665lbs(3780 for the drop top) compared to a hair over 3000 for the rex. His race makes perfect sense.

Good kill Yeah I love how they sound, except one of my neighbors has one and he leaves for work at 5am, I don't like to wake up untiil 7:30ish
    Last edited by illusion; 08-06-2004 at 11:52 AM.

SBW
    I think the subject should be changed to, "Midknight's fast", I mean, its not really in your league if it was just stock.

The whine of the charger on those things is phenominal. I love it.

Originally posted by illusion
    did ya miss his sig? "Steve: 341whp, 302wft-lbs @ 20psi" A stock late model cobra puts about 345-355 to the ground and weighs in at a whopping 3665lbs(3780 for the drop top) compared to a hair over 3000 for the rex. His race makes perfect sense.

Good kill Yeah I love how they sound, except one of my neighbors has one and he leaves for work at 5am, I don't like to wake up untiil 7:30ish
    More like 370ish rwhp...and to put 4-5 lengths on it...hmmm...
    2003 SRT-4

oh man oh man, don't let it get over your head, I have gotten smoked by at least 10 car lenghs by a cobra with pipe, chip and pulley.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    More like 370ish rwhp...and to put 4-5 lengths on it...hmmm...
    I knew someone would come on the thread and start doubting... which is fine. It really doesn't matter to me what you think is or isn't possible. It happened, I had fun, the other guy had fun. It definitely wasn't an '01. The whine of the blower was unmistakeable. Honestly, I was suprised I pulled that much on him, but there are these two things about these two cars that can really affect the outcome... the drivers!

BTW - I have no illusions about the fact that if he were modded the outcome would have been very different.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by MidKnight
    I knew someone would come on the thread and start doubting... which is fine. It really doesn't matter to me what you think is or isn't possible. It happened, I had fun, the other guy had fun. It definitely wasn't an '01. The whine of the blower was unmistakeable. Honestly, I was suprised I pulled that much on him, but there are these two things about these two cars that can really affect the outcome... the drivers!

BTW - I have no illusions about the fact that if he were modded the outcome would have been very different.
    I'm not calling BS, I believe it happened, it just seems out of the ordinary for a car with 341whp to pull THAT much on a car with more rwhp...especially when the weight difference is only about 4-600lbs.
    2003 SRT-4

Ike
    Only 600lbs? Tell me you didn't just say that... are you secretly a german auto engineer by chance?

Originally posted by Ike
    Only 600lbs? Tell me you didn't just say that... are you secretly a german auto engineer by chance?
    /slaps forehead...curb weight on an 03 cobra is 3600lbs...last time I checked, WRX's weighed just over 3k...
    2003 SRT-4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast