'03 Cobra... Slow! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on '03 Cobra... Slow! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my neighbor's 04 bone stock cobra(not a single mod) with about 1500 miles on it dyno'd at 351 to the ...

my neighbor's 04 bone stock cobra(not a single mod) with about 1500 miles on it dyno'd at 351 to the ground around 70F and about 40% humidity on a mustang dyno, although mustang dyno's usually read a tad low it hangs with other dyno's i'm finding around the net.

Here's a 2003 on a dynojet peak was 355.7 @ 6530 rpms

600lbs is a HELL of a lot of weight. that's about 6 tenths in the quarter and 2-3mph\

One has a full tank the other has 1/4? one driver weight 150 the other weighs 250, there's so many factors in street racing it's not even funny.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill...

Your are now apart of the elite club of wrx's that have beaten cobras....

I belive you because I did the same thing on 25 psi...Only I was still pulling ....Same whp but just a bit more tq

great kill.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by illusion

One has a full tank the other has 1/4? one driver weight 150 the other weighs 250, there's so many factors in street racing it's not even funny.
    exactly, which is why I'm not calling BS on this kill...I just don't want people thinking a modded wrx can always beat an 03 cobra because if driven right, they're FAST. Also, most of the people I know who own them have done at least a couple mods and are dyno'ing 400rwhp+ with ease They're sweet cars
    2003 SRT-4

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    exactly, which is why I'm not calling BS on this kill...I just don't want people thinking a modded wrx can always beat an 03 cobra because if driven right, they're FAST. Also, most of the people I know who own them have done at least a couple mods and are dyno'ing 400rwhp+ with ease They're sweet cars
    I don't think most people think a modded wrx can always beat an '03 cobra. There are some that can... and the cobra's they beat are probably stock like the one I raced. As far as I'm concerned, the fact that a blown 4-banger can keep up with a blown V8 is an accomplishment to be proud of. But I don't think there's anyone who believes that the 4-cyl has the same potential as the V8. Whereas my car is nearing it's limits in terms of motor and power, his is just getting warmed up! That's a crazy thought to me....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by MidKnight
    I don't think most people think a modded wrx can always beat an '03 cobra. There are some that can... and the cobra's they beat are probably stock like the one I raced. As far as I'm concerned, the fact that a blown 4-banger can keep up with a blown V8 is an accomplishment to be proud of. But I don't think there's anyone who believes that the 4-cyl has the same potential as the V8. Whereas my car is nearing it's limits in terms of motor and power, his is just getting warmed up! That's a crazy thought to me....
    yea, those cars are insane. If I could afford the payments on one, I'd have it. 450rwhp with bolt on's and no change in driveablity is awesome.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    450rwhp with bolt on's and no change in driveablity is awesome.

....and by no change in driveability, you mean don't go past 10% throttle around corners
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12