35 psi vs. E46 M3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 35 psi vs. E46 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 13secwrx Well it seems that the car is down now...and I'll be the e46 is still running...I ...

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Well it seems that the car is down now...and I'll be the e46 is still running...I am soo sad...

If you guys can help please respond to my post in engine performance...thanks
    \

linky please!
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

nice kill dude. i don't think a lot of cars can hang w/ 340+whp in a less than 3000lb WRX.

but I can't agree w/ you that you said his girl was in the wrong car. just think about which one will ppl drooling over for when showing up at a nice restaurant for valet parking.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by DTR rex
    good race 13sec. your kindness is quite admirable.

E46 M3 > stageII rex any where other than 0-40mph
    stage 2 rex will take a m3 quarter mile..where i always race at palmdale at about 4000 elevation...03 04 m3's suck ...and best i've seen them do is 13.9-14.1.......and i hit 13.8 with just dp/up and catback also mbc...stage 2 is supposed to be faster than me...i'm sure they will do great against m3 and take them 1/4 mile if driven right....i know a guy who spent 8g's on his m3 (atleast he says 8g's) he got full exhaust dinan performance chip..headers intake and something else ( i forgot what it was) his best run was a 13.7 and he had a ****load of runs..and this was SMG..with the auto launch thing they have ..he had plenty of runs

(this is at 4000 elevation so do the math)
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I thought the e46 was supposed to go 13.3's and the Stage 2 WRX is supposed to be mid 13's? It may just be bad drivers at the track...I had to explain to my friend that Evo's don't really run 14's (as most of them do at E-town) and they are capable of low 13's.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

A stage 3 wrx won't take out an M3 manual hardtop from a roll... It is about as quick or slightly quicker than an S2000.

A VF30 equipped car will take one out from a roll though
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

gfx
    What do you consider your stage 2 13secwrx?

I beat an M roadster from 40-110mph with my stage 2.5. I would assume your car (I always thought it was stage 4 by turboxs standards) would take an M3 anyways.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -
    Cobb stage 2.5 w/ VF30, Stoptech BBK, JDM STI front/rear seats, Mattjk LCD setup, JDM headlights w/ McColluch 6000k HIDs, GReddy EVO, 17x8" Gold Rota Torques, Eibach Pro-kit
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gfxwrx

My car shots taken with my Canon 300D dSLR

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    stage 2 rex will take a m3 quarter mile..where i always race at palmdale at about 4000 elevation...03 04 m3's suck ...and best i've seen them do is 13.9-14.1.......and i hit 13.8 with just dp/up and catback also mbc...stage 2 is supposed to be faster than me...i'm sure they will do great against m3 and take them 1/4 mile if driven right....i know a guy who spent 8g's on his m3 (atleast he says 8g's) he got full exhaust dinan performance chip..headers intake and something else ( i forgot what it was) his best run was a 13.7 and he had a ****load of runs..and this was SMG..with the auto launch thing they have ..he had plenty of runs

(this is at 4000 elevation so do the math)
    stageII wrx will typically run mid to high 13's.... 6speed MT and SMG M3 will see times of 13.3-13.6.. mind you, thats from a dead stop, so the wrx has the AWD advantage. so any other non-dig race isnt even close. I am running same mods as you right now and there is no way on Gods green earth that i could think about keeping up with an M3 from a roll... even from a dig, i would have trouble pulling ahead
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

from a roll i agree...from a dig i dont agree..i got mbc @ 16 psi...do that..it helps a lot trust me....made about a 15 whp difference on a dyno from 14 (16psi in 3rd) and a/f was fine

From a stop, all sorts of things can happen if one car has the AWD advantage..... but I'm not sure about you guys, but I consider my car to be faster than the opposition WHEN I can beat them from a roll-on race. From a stop, a stock WRX can put up a great fight against an LS1, but we all know which is faster though..

To put up a good fight against an M3 from a stop, you don't need to have stage 4 upgrades, you can make do with less, as long as you keep the speeds down. But if you want to play with one while you are moving already, don't get caught with the stock turbo hanging off the engine under the hood.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

i don't think a stage 2 wrx will be able to take an e46 from a roll or from a stop. from a stop, the stage 2 will take the e46 out of the hole until around 60mph, then the m3 will pass it by and never look back. i raced several e46 at the track with my stage 2 and never had a chance with it. most of them run low 13s. from a roll the e46 will walk all over a stage 2. just my 02 cents.....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

i'v raced plenty of m3's at a track...they dont gain sh!t on me..i'm undefeated against e46 m3's at a track

what did you get on that run??? what do you usually run at track??
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 08-08-2004 at 02:42 PM.

I consider a stage 2 what turbo xs does too...you have a bigger turbo in a vf30...I think a stock turbo from a roll will lose to an e46 from a dig and from a roll. Just my opinion form my experiences. I have no problme w/e46's...I can even give them a headstart..I will hunt them down, no matter what speed..well maybe not over 150mph..
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i'v raced plenty of m3's at a track...they dont gain sh!t on me..i'm undefeated against e46 m3's at a track

what did you get on that run??? what do you usually run at track??
    the m3 ran 13.1 and i ran 13.7. what stage two do you have? your telling me you walk e46 with upipe/turboback, and mbc?
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

if the m3 is running 13.1...his not stock...he probably has..header intake exhaust and dinan performance chip..i dont have stage anything..i hav downpipe uppipe catback and mbc..i ran a 13.8@ 4000 elevation on a 100 degree day and got kicked off the track cause i had no helmet...and btw..with all those mods the m3 doesnt gain much power but gains enough to run 13.1 ..he probably spent like 8g's to get all that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast