STi

This is a discussion on STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I finally got the chance I've been waiting for and I got to race an STi. First race was ...

STi

Well I finally got the chance I've been waiting for and I got to race an STi. First race was from a roll from 40mph (SRT's 2nd gear strong point) and when we shut down my front end was at his front fender. We did another race from about 25 and I left it in 2nd and ended up at his backdoor when we shut down.

Finally we went from a stop ended up 1 car/car 1/2 with neither of us really pulling from what I could see. Talked to him at the light really nice guy all he had modifed was his exhaust he didnt say if it was only a catback or a turboback. Im going to guess catback because with a turboback I suspect I would have been done for.

Mods are in my sig minus stage 1 (Still hasnt shipped yet.... )

Overall great races, nice guy, and im surpised my car faired so well against an STi.
    2004 Dodge SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, you should do rather well against an STi with an SRT-4. When you get the Stage 1, you'll probably be able to pull ahead.

Re: STi

Originally posted by Jmd777
    Well I finally got the chance I've been waiting for and I got to race an STi. First race was from a roll from 40mph (SRT's 2nd gear strong point) and when we shut down my front end was at his front fender. We did another race from about 25 and I left it in 2nd and ended up at his backdoor when we shut down.

Finally we went from a stop ended up 1 car/car 1/2 with neither of us really pulling from what I could see. Talked to him at the light really nice guy all he had modifed was his exhaust he didnt say if it was only a catback or a turboback. Im going to guess catback because with a turboback I suspect I would have been done for.

Mods are in my sig minus stage 1 (Still hasnt shipped yet.... )

Overall great races, nice guy, and im surpised my car faired so well against an STi.
    Let me make sure i'm reading this right, you're saying you basically were neck and neck and your car is pretty much stock (since your stage kit is not in) and he was modded with exhaust......hmm........when did stock srt's start hanging with modded sti's.........
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

I was a little surprised the STi didin't kill the SRT from a dig, but this race as all others is.... a driver's race. Anything can happen. Congrats on keeping up with the STi from a dig!
    2004 Subaru WRX Sti - Java Black Pearl/Silver wheels.

-Bone stock

04 SRT-4 = 230 whp est bone stock.

So the STi puts down a little more to the wheels stock - and a little more from the exhaust (hopefully cat-back), but with the added weight, it kinda seems believable.

Nice runs.
    Slow Neon.

Re: Re: STi

Originally posted by Silver04Sti
    Let me make sure i'm reading this right, you're saying you basically were neck and neck and your car is pretty much stock (since your stage kit is not in) and he was modded with exhaust......hmm........when did stock srt's start hanging with modded sti's.........
    Welcome to the real world.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

We both had pretty crappy launchs it seems because after the race he told me he could have launched better on that run and I believe it. However you have to take in mind SRT's dyno all with different numbers, and apparently Ive come the closest on beating his STi with mine.
    2004 Dodge SRT-4