How does the WRX fair against cars on High End - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on How does the WRX fair against cars on High End within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well just to clarify, when i didnt mention high end racing i was picturing it at night in the AM ...

well just to clarify, when i didnt mention high end racing i was picturing it at night in the AM hours.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The knowing what gaps you can fit into and race like your on an actually highway thing is really gay. And i seriously hope that you dont race that way or you will be kicked into the ricer club. Also most most of the cars that you are asking about will take a rex from a roll. Also to the two that were saying you can hang on with a z28
    Subaru - We actually do the **** that Audi has been bragging about for 20 years. Quitters.

Originally posted by Shangsta
    Also to the two that were saying you can hang on with a z28
    An LT1 they prolly could. I'm only catless and was able to put 5 carlengths on one.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Originally posted by WRXakaBooSTi
    How about GSR's and Type R's? New and old gen turbo supras?
    gsr vs wrx will be close, but the wrx will pull a couple as long as you dont start at like 80mph or something

type R will beat a stock wrx uptop

MKIII supra (old gen) will do pretty well. The wrx should still win, because those cars are only beasts when modded.

MKIV (new gen TT supra) will own a wrx BAD! these are not even close to the same league. supra will beat vettes on the top end and run mid 500 whp with minimal mods

BOTTOM LINE: wrx isnt great from a roll... it will hold its own against most cars, but there are many cars that it would DESTROY in the 1/4 mile, yet lose to uptop. but going catless def. helps, A LOT
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by hksimprezawrx
    this is un true... highway racing takes skill also; u must visualize where u can go next, u have to know how fast ur car can get into gaps and out of them, how fast u can jink to one side and also what gear to shift down too and to build ur boost and match rpm speeds when u do. when i only had my car stock and i was breaking it in i beat all the 3 series beamers except an m3.(never got to race them) no stock honda can beat that car even on the free ways. but the new 6 speed rsx is a different story. i cant waite to race one of those. mustang g.t.'s will take u after about 110mph. and if u catch a camaro --- start drafting off of him ull be supsrised how long u stay right on his bumper but hell eventually pull away.
    There are a few stock Honda's that will beat a stock WRX top end.

Honda S2000
    Honda Accord V6
    Acrua CL Type S
    Acura TL
    Acura TL-S

I mean, the WRX would beat most of them froma dig, but from a stop I'm nto so sure. RAcing from a roll is kind of stupid anyway IMO. It really doesn't take much skill..unless you can't select the right gear. Then you probably shouldn't be driving a sports car anyway.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by hksimprezawrx
    this is un true... highway racing takes skill also; u must visualize where u can go next, u have to know how fast ur car can get into gaps and out of them, how fast u can jink to one side and also what gear to shift down too and to build ur boost and match rpm speeds when u do. when i only had my car stock and i was breaking it in i beat all the 3 series beamers except an m3.(never got to race them) no stock honda can beat that car even on the free ways. but the new 6 speed rsx is a different story. i cant waite to race one of those. mustang g.t.'s will take u after about 110mph. and if u catch a camaro --- start drafting off of him ull be supsrised how long u stay right on his bumper but hell eventually pull away.
    Whatcha gunna do???????? Act da FOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

awww crap an accord v6? im assuming your speaking of the current gen one right, not past v6's

awww crap an accord v6? im assuming your speaking of the current gen one right, not past v6's
    Yea, only the current manual transmission V6s I would think. They are pretty beastly from a roll - like 240hp and 230lbs of torque I think. WRX would still take it from a dig though, as it would 99% of the Honda's I listed.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

the new accord V6 coupe in 6speed MT is actually a very quick car... times are regularly seen to be mid 14's and its got some really good top end, (as do most honda's)

but rest assured... of the list smokey gave, the only honda that could take a good wrx driver out from a stop is the s2000. the new 6speed TL will but up a damn good fight though

solution: go catless and get AP... then work on stageIV from there

Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    LOL

As mentioned, stock for stock, the car is pretty slow on the highway... I leaned this lession after being cained by an Altima V6 on the highway by an older lady. As hard as I tried, the car is just not quick upstairs with the stock turbo in place.

Being catless helps, but not big time. If you wanna play with the big boys from a roll (ie. stock LS1's, E46 M3's, etc,), you MUST have a better turbo than stock in place. There is no getting around that part, short of gutting the car to save wieght.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

yea the stock gearing hurts almost as bad as the tiny snail
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12