Had 4 adults in Car today and they weren't impressed!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Had 4 adults in Car today and they weren't impressed!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Addendum to the above: For every 5 to 7 flywheel hp you add to your stock Rex you will decrease ...

Addendum to the above:

For every 5 to 7 flywheel hp you add to your stock Rex you will decrease your quarter mile time by 0.1 sec (only to a cumulative time of about 1 second - If you're running a 10 second Rex, this equasion clearly does not apply!)
    2007 urban gray STI. KTR Ecutek Re-Flash

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

for every 10 ounces of fuel in the tank, subtract the standard deviation of the congregate derivative x, thereby proving the co-tangent factor to be greater than the value ot z whenver plots are graphed in the first or third quadrant. Then simply multiply the factor by pi R squared, root it, and solve the quadratic equation.

Crusing around with my dad ( he weighs 275 lbs) my STi is noticably slower. With 3 Adults plus myself, my STi it would be significantly slower.

They say that 100 lbs = 10hp but it could be more for an STi /WRX

But

You say your making 275 whp. If you had an extra
    600 lbs in the car (6 X 10 hp = 60 hp) Your now only making
    215 whp. Thats not going to impress a lot of people from a roll. Another factor is how smooth the power come on with an STi. Its speed can be decieving.

Weight is a huge factor.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Dude, if you are looking for a reason to go with a bigger turbo just say so!

Tailspin, it sounds to me like you need a bigger turbo.
    Pushin' a Honda but scoping the Scoobies.

humidity can make a small difference as well

GA humidity blows.

I had 3 friends in my car the other weekend because we were all at a local meet and we had 6 guys to go eat including myself. The cars we had there were an S2K, 240SX, and RX-7, and me. We took the 2K and my wagon and everybody was complaining because I wasnt getting on it. I didnt have any power being weighed down by 3 other guys, plus me (I'm ~250)
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

Driving fast with other people in your car sucks. Car feels like molasses on a cold day.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by dark_rex
    for every 10 ounces of fuel in the tank, subtract the standard deviation of the congregate derivative x, thereby proving the co-tangent factor to be greater than the value ot z whenver plots are graphed in the first or third quadrant. Then simply multiply the factor by pi R squared, root it, and solve the quadratic equation.
    I did that - the answer is 5 pints.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    I did that - the answer is 5 pints.
    That was MY answer, cheater. Your answer was 3 inches.

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

GTScoob I know how you feel. It was 90 something the other day and high humidity made my car feel slow as ****. I had two of my friends in the car and it felt even slower. But they were still impressed with the torque. They're use to s2000s. I need to move my ass up north somewhere its cooler and less humid.

Originally posted by kyongyun
    GTScoob I know how you feel. It was 90 something the other day and high humidity made my car feel slow as ****. I had two of my friends in the car and it felt even slower. But they were still impressed with the torque. They're use to s2000s. I need to move my ass up north somewhere its cooler and less humid.
    Don't count on the humidity being better up here. I'm in Ajax, just east of Toronto (Ontario/Canada), and even though we are by the lake the humidity really gets bad. Just last week (or the week before) it was like 35C with a relative humidity of 90%. It was digusting and my STi was not happy about it.

Yesterday it was around 19-20C with what felt like very low humidity and the STi just wanted to run like mad.

BTW When I picked up my STi 3 weeks ago I gave a ride to groups of 3 people at a time. Total weight was probably around an additional 400lbs-600lbs (depending on the group) and the car ran like a camp. Obviously not as fast as when I'm alone but the torque still impressed everyone.
    2005 Aspen White STi

i was driving three of my boys and we were on the on ramp going 65 or so, and they were all going "oooooohhhhhhh man you have sticky tires."

...and then when i punched it up to 100 in a matter of seconds they were all like "oooooooohhhhh maaaaaan." i think they were pretty impressed.

...but then again, im far from stock
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

An 18 degree morning in a New England winter, a quarter tank of Sunoco 93, no pax, and yeehaaa!
    2007 urban gray STI. KTR Ecutek Re-Flash

durring one night that traction was really bad i had 3 heavy people in the car for 1/4 mile strip. stock I did 14.9 with just me. but I did it with them in there and got a 16.1 and still squeaked the tires.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.