My STi vs 03 Cobra

This is a discussion on My STi vs 03 Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today on my way to work I lined up against an 03 Cobra. I knew it wouldn't be fair going ...

My STi vs 03 Cobra

Today on my way to work I lined up against an 03 Cobra. I knew it wouldn't be fair going from a dig so I decided to wait and let him make the move leaving the line.
    So as we leave the line in frirst gear 10mph or so he nails it
    (oh shxt- thats a mistake) and jumped about a 1/2 car in front of me. All I could hear was his engine screaming and I reacted.
    I ran first gear to redline and he was still about 1/2 car in front of me. I slammed 2nd gear and slowly start to reel him in? I slam third gear and I'm now about a 1/2 car in front of him and slowly walking away from him. I get about 1 car in front of him and he lets off and gives up.

First I was really happy and then I started to think to myself this was way too easy. Then I came to the conclusion, he must have been braking his tires loose. It was 7:30am and the roads were dry but not totally dry. You know the way roads can be early in the morning.

So I waited for him at the next light and asked him if he had traction issues. He said yes. I told him I thought so. He said his Cobra was stock. He seemed like a really cool guy.

This race shows why I bought an STi. I'm ready to race anywhere at anytime. Not just under perfect conditions. So give this race to the STi.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 08-05-2004 at 05:45 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill, the STi is so money no matter condition you are playing around in. It is just so nice to always hear excuses from all sorts of cars, no matter what the situation may be.

Oh yeah that is a damn nice 1/4 mi. time you got there, with those mods. I have just a tbe but I am sure i won't get too that close.

Keep up the good work
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Funny should should mention killing a Mustang! I had one myself last night - a 1999ish Mustang GT with flow-masters. The guy was really cool before and afterward and couldn't believe the launch of the STi.
    Black 2005 STi
    Mods: iPod resting in console and turbo gauge

I have 2 kills under my belt now...it feels good to beat em. Now start looking for modded ones. There not so much fun I reckon.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

congrats on the kill just be careful under the right condition
    Subaru - We actually do the **** that Audi has been bragging about for 20 years. Quitters.

next time you should launch off the line when next to those 03 cobra. get them out of the hole while you can because they'll creep up. those things are no joke. nice kill btw....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Subaru - We actually do the **** that Audi has been bragging about for 20 years. Quitters.

good kill, i wanna come upon one of those
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

The only problem with those are they take to modding very well and next thing you know bam there cruising right on by. To beat you need to get them from the gitgo.
    2004 STi

Ya man give no mercy to those 03+ cobras...check this out

http://www.stangsource.com/03_cobra_vs_04_WRX_Sti.wmv

I'm 0-2 against cobras, granted the conditions weren't ideal for me. First loss was a 60 highway roll. hahaha. You know the rest Second one was a little better. It was an 03 cobra which sounded like he had some sort of exhaust mods and who know what else... I lined up with him at a red and took off like a bat out of hell. Imediately I got a few car lengths. He reeled me in around 95 and slowly started to walk away.
    2004 Subaru WRX Sti - Java Black Pearl/Silver wheels.

-Bone stock