WRX vs ITR+JRSC
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs ITR+JRSC within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ITR= JRSC @5.5 psi, intake,header,exhaust WRX=my sig We went from a 45 punch and it was bad for the teg. ...

WRX vs ITR+JRSC

ITR= JRSC @5.5 psi, intake,header,exhaust
    WRX=my sig

We went from a 45 punch and it was bad for the teg. I was at about 1.5 car lenghts ahead when I left off. We went twice and it was the same result. I think I let off at 120. There is a del sol lurking around too with the same outcome, but I didn;t have my uppipe and boost controller on then. The del sol had itr engine swap with jrsc. I don't know how much boost the del sol had, but sc whined much louder than the ITR. From what I have read the ITR engines don't like boost. I can't believe what happend either, but it happened. I was hoping to get spanked by both. Both runs were from a 45 punch in the wrx. From a stop it would have been really nasty for those FWD cars. My fellow honda guru told me that the GSR(b18c1) engines do a lot better on boost compared to the ITR(b18c5) engines.

Honda gurus post your knowledge. I don't think 2 cars could have engine problems. When I raced the del sol I was thinking hmm he must have something wrong with it, but then later on I raced an ITR so I don't know what to think now. There must have been something wrong with their cars or am I underestimating the wrx with my mods? We did this on a highway so that was even worse for the rex.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill,
    I don't know about those cars but a Prelude with JRSC puts out quite a bit of power and would think it could give you a good run (I doubt it'd have a chance from launch) but rolling it'd be close because the JRSC takes the biggest flaw of the Lude out of the equation. Then some nutbags spray too

Well, you are somewhat right about the B18C5 not being particularly fond of boost, but there have actually been a few guys who've gone JRSC on their C1/C5's and had very good results. The key with the JRSC is getting it TUNED! Seems like 95% of the JRSC'd Honda's out there who are not tuned run horribly, suffering from excess heat saturation and throttle tip-in detonation. Once all the problems are solved though, the JRSC boosted Si/GS-R/Type R's are actually very strong (dyno'ing anywhere from 210ish for B16's to 240ish at the wheels for ITR's). I'm willing to bet that with so few people out there who take the time and spend the $$ to do things right, those 2 JRSC'd Honda's you beat were *probably* untuned, but whether or not it would've made a difference is another story altogether. Nice kill
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

What's throttle tip-in detonation?
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

Originally posted by VTC_CiViC
    Well, you are somewhat right about the B18C5 not being particularly fond of boost, but there have actually been a few guys who've gone JRSC on their C1/C5's and had very good results. The key with the JRSC is getting it TUNED! Seems like 95% of the JRSC'd Honda's out there who are not tuned run horribly, suffering from excess heat saturation and throttle tip-in detonation. Once all the problems are solved though, the JRSC boosted Si/GS-R/Type R's are actually very strong (dyno'ing anywhere from 210ish for B16's to 240ish at the wheels for ITR's). I'm willing to bet that with so few people out there who take the time and spend the $$ to do things right, those 2 JRSC'd Honda's you beat were *probably* untuned, but whether or not it would've made a difference is another story altogether. Nice kill
    I believe both were untuned. I replied on the honda tech board VTC. I asked the itr if he had safc or anything and he said no. The del sol guy I talked to through a friend. He was like it isn't tuned etc etc.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)

Originally posted by gryphon
    What's throttle tip-in detonation?
    Not sure if this applies in this case, but on some EMS's there's another set of calculations that will add more value to timing at initial throttle tip-in, it makes the car a bit more responsive. It's also a trick of good aftermarket tuners to alter this value (to increase timing) to improve throttle response.

I'd also guess that on a speed density system (honduh) that part throttle drivability is not the best (tip-in) because the system has no idea you're putting in more O2 than it was tuned for. You get more O2, but same amount of pre-programmed fuel, makes you lean = detonation at part throttle, but it probably needs a little load for it to happen...like nailing it off the line.

Speed density is for sissies
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

I agree w/ VTC_civic, most JRSC'd cars are untuned. I knew of someone that had an ITR w/ a JRSC and he ran it on the dyno and he only put out 190hp. Considering his car in stock form put down 165, he was not satisfied with the gain. After months of tuning the fuel w/ an SAFC, putting in the supporting mods (injectors, fuel pump), he was able to get over 220.
    Good run regardless, I always like to see how the wrx does against the competition.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

My close friend has the exact set up. ITR with JRSC running around 5 psi. He's also running intake, header, exhaust, ignition, and straigiht pipe. He stays even with me until like 120 mph or so. He recently purchased Endyn stepper pulley, and he's gonna get his car tuned by SP engineering via HKS F con V Pro. He'll be running 10 psi. I have a feeling that I'm gonna get my ass handed to me. I need more cash....

Tristinlim so are you saying you beat him after 120 or he beats you after 120?
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)

We started from ~ 45mph and cut off at 120 mph. I pulled on him about a half car length in the beginning and it stayed that way all the way to 120.

I used to own a SC GSR, and if not tuned they can be not very fast. The first time I ran mine at the track my FMU wasnt working right and I was running 14.7-8s@94-95mph. This was with just the SC and an intake, stock header, and exhasut. Average times for SC'd B sereis are hgh 13s-low 14s.

Except for the LS integras, those run about stock GSR times with the blower.

I've own a 94 GSR with JRSC and let me tell you.... A stock GSR doesnt put out anything near 165hp to the wheels. My stock GSR and some others only put out about 150-152hp to the wheels. A stock GSR with just the JRSC setup should be putting out about 187-190hp at the wheels. Supercharging isnt as reliable as they say. I broke belts left and right when I'm racing people. Almost once a month I had to replace the two belts that ran the JRSC pulleys. And yes, I brought it into the shop to make sure the guys that installed it, installed it right. The only Supercharger that really makes alot of power is the Vortech supercharger with intercooler that goes with the 99 model Civic SI's. If you want seriouse power and upgradability then go with a turbo system instead. You will be more happy.

GSR do not put down 165 to the ground, but in my post I was referring to an ITR..they do put down 165
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Gen III turbo drag kits put down a huge amount of power for GSR and type R. I don't think the JRSC kits put out that much power. But a JRSC GSR is not slow by any means.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.