Raced a 72 Vette...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced a 72 Vette... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was by my buddies garage today and his customer was there with his freind that had a 1972 stingray... ...

Banned

Raced a 72 Vette...

I was by my buddies garage today and his customer was there with his freind that had a 1972 stingray... really beautiful car. It was electric blue u know real american muscle.. anyways I chatted with the guy and his freind was a real **** about my STI... they asked what mods I had and I told him andwhen I said I am running 19 lbs psi... they BURST out laughing saying that my motor is going to BLOW... anyways... I was leaving and so were they .. Thi car was soooo loud!! It sounded amazing so much power.. anyways we started to drive and we got a light together... his freind yells to me " this VETTE won more races than you sti will evere SEE".. I was like WTF?? i never even said anything bad about his car??? I know it's a stingray I know it's original I was pissed! I revved and smiled he did too.. we took off I took his vette by 2 cars by the time we got to the next light!! LOL.. his shmuck freind says.. "traction control"..ROFL... he doesn't even know it's 4 wheel drive... I laugh and say ya sure buddy.. we go again and same thing happens.. some people make me NAUTIOUS!!! and I hope I pissed them off!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A lot of the older hot rod guys don't appreciate modern tech. and will refuse to give you credit. I think he will think twice the next time he lines up next to your car. I do have to give credit to a couple of hot rod guys I work with though. They made fun of my STi all the time and then I said I would bring them for a ride and they haven't stopped talking about it since. Now they are not as harsh on some imports.
    2004 STi

Originally posted by Irishman
    A lot of the older hot rod guys don't appreciate modern tech. and will refuse to give you credit. I think he will think twice the next time he lines up next to your car. I do have to give credit to a couple of hot rod guys I work with though. They made fun of my STi all the time and then I said I would bring them for a ride and they haven't stopped talking about it since. Now they are not as harsh on some imports.
    Some people never learn. I was a V8 Chevy guy from the 80's through the 90's. The slogan "no replacement for displacement" was ingrained in me. Many cars throughout my 20 years of being a car enthusiast changed that. For example the Buick GN with it's puny 3.8 liter was destroying the larger displaced motors of the Mustang, Camaro, and Corvette. Then cars like the Conquest TSI opened eyes. The list really goes on and on. I do remember when the import tuning scene was starting to get popular. The early 90's is my earliest memory of when Hondas were being tuned. A friend of a friend had a Honda Prelude that was "tuned" and he boasted that his Prelude could take on my 1971 Nova resting in the garage. He argued that his car was more efficient per liter, revved higher etc, but when it came down to lining our cars up his car mysteriously developed a problem.
    2004 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    My partner is the same way. I took him for a ride in my rex a few weeks ago and he was shocked. I quote "Jezuz this thing has some pull!!! It's really only a 4cyl???" A good amount of American car gearheads can't fathom the "make more out of less" theory of tuning. Most of them don't appreciate turbocharging either. I think the idea of using your waste product to make power is brilliant, they look at it as cheating.

Yeah, the one way mind. It is a terrible thing to waste. Some guys just don't want to admit that these cars rock.
    I think I have both ends of that spectrum. I have a fairly quick 1.0 liter turbocharged all aluminum unit and a cast iron, NA 600 cubic incher. (But between you and I, the 600 incher will outrun the 1.0 liter.)
    Nice kill by the way!

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Wannabe
    (But between you and I, the 600 incher will outrun the 1.0 liter.)
    I hope so

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.