Modded Supra TT vs. Hemi Ram
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Modded Supra TT vs. Hemi Ram within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Most Hemi Rams aren't any competition for a turbo anything car.. however... there are a few guys out there that ...

Most Hemi Rams aren't any competition for a turbo anything car.. however... there are a few guys out there that may give ya a run. Here is a link from one of the guys at dodgetrucks.org this dude is now in the low 12's and high 11's. A little nitrous will do wonders for these engines. Enjoy.

http://ftp.speakeasy.net/~lphilippjr...i777-100-1.wmv

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Modded Supra TT vs. Hemi Ram

No, not a wrx story, but fun none the less...

I was in Redmond the other day and saw a TT Supra and a brand new hemi ram line up at a light just before before a freeway entrance. Well, the driver of the Ram had seen to many of those hemi commercials because he decided to show the 'ricer' in the Supra just what American muscle could do.

As soon as the light went green the Ram peeled out and took off. The Supra driver then realized what was up and floored it. As soon as the turbo(S) spooled the Supra pulled on the Ram like it was standing still. It pulled so hard it almost looked like the truck hit the brakes, but judging by the fact that it was still pulling hard on the other traffic I would say he was giving it his all.

When are people going to realize that 350hp doesn't mean all that much when you are pushing around almost 6000 pounds. I'm not dissing the hemi ram, but the people who buy them need to understand that they aren't sports cars.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    werd, those guys have big heads

I LOVE supras :drool:
    2003 SRT-4

Dodge is pushing this HEMI thing wayyyy too hard. I've seen in on the durango and their truck commericals. Its just funny how they're blowing their customers ego, only to get shot down.

The REAL question is if the HEMI is all that godly for dodge, why the *bleep* did they stick a turbo in the srt-4 and not some HEMI in there?

Something to think about when they're actually serious about making a fast car...

Dodge dev team: Turbo or HEMI... Turbo or HEMI....
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

"sweeeeeet"
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

I love that commercial though when the guy says:

"ey, that thing gotta hemay?"

The Magnum RT and 300C are pretty good haulers for the money. Someone on a Dodge forum took their bone stock Magnum to the track and pulled a 13.8 1/4 mile.

Haha...its funny you mention that. Some kid in his parents durango was peeling out at everylight and passing people like a moron on a local highway. Finally after making my way around a bunch of cars I got next to him. Naturally he looks at me, with his hat backwards, and floors it. I let him go. He continues to do like 95 in a 55 and i just stay back behind him cruising at about 80. Luckily we hit a light. He keeps lookin at me and inching every damn second, but he couldnt see me cause I have 5% tint. Well of course he peels out again, I just barelly floor it at about 2500 rpm, he has about 2 cars on me, as soon as I put it in second i go all out, passed him at about 60 and put around 3 cars on him by 80. Then, i slow it down to 65, and he passes me going atleast 90. The light turns red, so i think he will stop so i can really kick his butt this time with a nice launch. The moron runs the red light at like 90+, lucky for him there were no cars. Anyways, not sure if he had the hemi, but I couldnt believe what a menace this kid was. I know he doesnt represent every 16 year old, but jeez, I hope he learns his lesson soon before he kills somebody with his parents big paper weight.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Dodge is pushing this HEMI thing wayyyy too hard. I've seen in on the durango and their truck commericals. Its just funny how they're blowing their customers ego, only to get shot down.

The REAL question is if the HEMI is all that godly for dodge, why the *bleep* did they stick a turbo in the srt-4 and not some HEMI in there?

Something to think about when they're actually serious about making a fast car...

Dodge dev team: Turbo or HEMI... Turbo or HEMI....
    wow! you are talking like a complete fool. Yes they are blowing the whole hemi engine thing out of proportion BUT...

you take a neon shell and you try to stuff a 5.7 litre hemi engine into it, do you know where youll be sitting? in the back seat. not to mention that you wouldnt be able to run a hood, and youd have to get the width extended (most likely) to fit the hemi in.

also

you are comparing FI to N/A. Two entirely different classes of vehicles.

Take a 5.7 hemi truck...and add a puffer to make it FI vs FI...gee i wonder who will win? Properly tuned, a truck like that would even rape a brand new lightning.

dodge knows how to make proper race cars, except these are two street cars that are unbelievably different.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

Originally posted by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
    wow! you are talking like a complete fool. Yes they are blowing the whole hemi engine thing out of proportion BUT...

you take a neon shell and you try to stuff a 5.7 litre hemi engine into it, do you know where youll be sitting? in the back seat. not to mention that you wouldnt be able to run a hood, and youd have to get the width extended (most likely) to fit the hemi in.

also

you are comparing FI to N/A. Two entirely different classes of vehicles.

Take a 5.7 hemi truck...and add a puffer to make it FI vs FI...gee i wonder who will win? Properly tuned, a truck like that would even rape a brand new lightning.

dodge knows how to make proper race cars, except these are two street cars that are unbelievably different.
    Here's a chill pill for ya

Funny thing is I found a Miata with a LS1 engine in it. Oh, I saw another one with a 5.0 in it too. Your arugment of the HEMI not fitting in a neon shell is either:

1-Poor engine design
    2-Poor chassis design

Your FI vs NA arugment doesn't make since. Especially when you convert NA with FI. Your arugment there was pointless and spun.

BTW, I WAS trying to compare 2 entirely different class of vehicile FYI.

NOTE: Dodge pushes its HEMI just like IF Subaru was pushing its turbos. It just doesn't make since for say subaru to get out of there norm and starting building big blocks for their "serious" cars
    Last edited by AsianWRX; 08-04-2004 at 12:51 PM.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Here's a chill pill for ya

Funny thing is I found a Miata with a LS1 engine in it. Oh, I saw another one with a 5.0 in it too. Your arugment of the HEMI not fitting in a neon shell is either:

1-Poor engine design
    2-Poor chassis design

Your FI vs NA arugment doesn't make since. Especially when you convert NA with FI. Your arugment there was pointless and spun.

BTW, I WAS trying to compare 2 entirely different class of vehicile FYI.

NOTE: Dodge pushes its HEMI just like IF Subaru was pushing its turbos. It just doesn't make since for say subaru to get out of there norm and starting building big blocks for their "serious" cars
    how about this. instead of saying my argument was "pointless and spun" try coming up with a damn counterargument. you are far too stupid to comment on what i say, since you cannot even spell a five letter word. A typo i can excuse, but two just means youre a dumbass.

You spell it like this: sense. Not since.

who cares about a miata? it is a non-issue as there isnt a such thing as a dodge miata. anyway, its the epitomy of B|tch car (see the VW bug and jetta if you need a reference) even with a 302 in it. did you buy one because you thought the girls would flock to it thinking it is "cute"?

btw 302s are small block engines.
    My Mods

instead of saying my argument was "pointless and spun" try coming up with a damn counterargument. you are far too stupid to comment on what i say, since you cannot even spell a five letter word. A typo i can excuse, but two just means youre a dumbass.
    Oh the IRONY....

Whatever you say man. Obviously I pushed your button somehow or you're just having a s*itty day and I'm your vent. Whatever it is you lost my respect and time when you have to personally assault others with spellings or what they drive instead of sticking with the argument or counterargument... etc.

not to step in between you two, as amusing as it is...

but alot of girls, and older women, gramas, etc think the the wrx is "cute"...

yeah.

ding. out from your corners.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Originally posted by gusto
    but alot of girls, and older women, gramas, etc think the the wrx is "cute"...
    yeah, what's up with that?

Oh the IRONY....

Whatever you say man. Obviously I pushed your button somehow or you're just having a s*itty day and I'm your vent. Whatever it is you lost my respect and time when you have to personally assault others with spellings or what they drive instead of sticking with the argument or counterargument... etc.
    actually, im still waiting for a legit counterargument. the end of my last post was thrown in there to get you in the mood for a good debate.

look up the word taunt when you get a chance.
    My Mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast