Subaru vs. Subaru

This is a discussion on Subaru vs. Subaru within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming in to work today, I pulled up next to a white Subaru Legacy wagon. I couldn't see the driver ...

Subaru vs. Subaru

Coming in to work today, I pulled up next to a white Subaru Legacy wagon. I couldn't see the driver (parked on an angle at the light, waiting to make a left under the freeway, him on the inside, me outside). The kid in the passenger seat stuck his head out the window, smiled, said hello and checked out my ride.

When the light turned green, to my surprise, the driver punched it and launched hard. I did too and rapidly pulled a few car lengths on him by the time we hit 40 -45mph or so. 40 mph is the speed limit on that street, I had a lead and easily went through the yellow at the next light, he had to stop. That's the last I saw of him.

I know nothing about the Legacy. Is it the 2.5 liter engine ? I have no engine mods, he had a loud muffler, who knows what else.
    Does the Legacy have any performance potential, or is this like posting, "Hey guys, I smoked a Metro today !" or "Dusted a VW bus from a roll ."
    Old, but not slow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Haha nice kill. Dont know if the legacy has potential but I think it does. But I am not talking from experience so dont take my word for it!

Depending on the year, Legacys are equipped with a variety of engines. 2.0, 2.2, 2.2 turbo, 2.5 and the new H-6 3.0 In stock form no Legacy should be a problem for a WRX but they have lots of potential. IMO the turbo Legacys have the ultimate Scooby motor to build up: EJ22T - turbocharged with the good stuff including closed deck, oil squirters, etc. They were rated at 165 hp. Lots of power potential here - can we say B4!

Of course the 2.5 engines also have potential. Gobs of torque and lots of aftermarket parts to make them go fast. There are many killer turbo 2.5 engines in RS's and Legacys that will give a WRX a good run.

Punk
    Last edited by PunksWRX; 08-10-2002 at 12:37 PM.

how about a twin turbo B4 (Legacy) the JDM one is rated at 206 KW stock I want one pity our australain ones are reduced power (that's why i haven't bought one yet.) only 190 KW manual and 176 KW Auto