matrix forums...thinks his XR is faster than a Rex - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on matrix forums...thinks his XR is faster than a Rex within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wrxs dont weigh 4000 lbs.. they weigh about 3200.. and a trix or a celica wont do shyt to my ...

wrxs dont weigh 4000 lbs.. they weigh about 3200.. and a trix or a celica wont do shyt to my stock rex.. thats all talk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by blackrex02
    wrxs dont weigh 4000 lbs.. they weigh about 3200.. and a trix or a celica wont do shyt to my stock rex.. thats all talk
    I replied to a thread about a Matrix keeping up with a super bike. Turns out the guy lives right by me. I challenged him to a race, but so far no reply.....
    2004 WRX

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    the thread is gone
    2003 SRT-4

yah.. i'm trying to find it lol by searching on MO

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    the thread is gone
    Look again under "Me against Suzuki B12 (Bandit 1200cc)" in racing stories. It's still there. I want this kid to take me up on the offer.
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    Look again under "Me against Suzuki B12 (Bandit 1200cc)" in racing stories. It's still there. I want this kid to take me up on the offer.
    OMFG I just went there and read some of the "racing" stories and I couldnt take it!! I had to get out of there!!

What I'm wondering is...when I see a mustang, or a vette, or a WRX, you know, something sporty and that I know is quick, I try to race it...BUT...when I see something lame like a toyota matrix, I take NO note of it...how are these guys getting all these races?? They all start out like, "So I was cruising down the highway and this guy in an SS starts pacing me..." WTF was the SS doing? I'm sure he didnt even notice the matrix, LMFAO!! He probably just pulled along side of him while he was changing a CD or something and next thing he knows the matrix is going WOT and the SS driver looks up (still unaware of the 120hp monster next to him) and begins accelerating again, hence leading the matrix driver to believe he's involved in a "close race." LMFAO at these tards!!
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    OMFG I just went there and read some of the "racing" stories and I couldnt take it!! I had to get out of there!!

What I'm wondering is...when I see a mustang, or a vette, or a WRX, you know, something sporty and that I know is quick, I try to race it...BUT...when I see something lame like a toyota matrix, I take NO note of it...how are these guys getting all these races?? They all start out like, "So I was cruising down the highway and this guy in an SS starts pacing me..." WTF was the SS doing? I'm sure he didnt even notice the matrix, LMFAO!! He probably just pulled along side of him while he was changing a CD or something and next thing he knows the matrix is going WOT and the SS driver looks up (still unaware of the 120hp monster next to him) and begins accelerating again, hence leading the matrix driver to believe he's involved in a "close race." LMFAO at these tards!!
    Actually those guys are pretty nice. You summed it up to a TEE. Especially the CD changing part. I could actually visualize the real story as it unfolded. lol
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    Actually those guys are pretty nice. You summed it up to a TEE. Especially the CD changing part. I could actually visualize the real story as it unfolded. lol
    haha...they may be nice but it seems they are also quite delusional
    2003 SRT-4

1200 bandit

The guy who raced the 1200 Bandit was riding an FZ1 Yamaha motorcycle, he was not driving his car. He left this part out to confuse people. It is not listed in his profile or his signature. He tells this minor bit in one of the last posts.

FYI: My wife could easily beat me in our 125hp Kia, if she shifted 4000 (!) RPMS shy of the redline, while riding her 250 Ninja. In case anyone wondered where a 125hp car sits on the totem pole of acceleration...
    Last edited by britishbikes; 08-21-2004 at 06:05 PM.

can believe you guys got me reading this.

"you're right, cuz if he was racing, he'd be ahead of you. wrx may be quick off the line, but from a roll they are a pig. most debadged trixes are the xrs version, and you don't want any piece of them from a roll on the highway."

from the thread:

http://www.matrixowners.com/modules....wtopic&t=28818

Originally posted by chicago04wrx
    can believe you guys got me reading this.

"you're right, cuz if he was racing, he'd be ahead of you. wrx may be quick off the line, but from a roll they are a pig. most debadged trixes are the xrs version, and you don't want any piece of them from a roll on the highway."

from the thread:

http://www.matrixowners.com/modules....wtopic&t=28818
    omg.. i need to find myself a "trix" to race... lmfao!! ya know, just to see how bad i'll get my ass kicked

wow anyways that matrix forum made me spit my dew all over the keyboard

none of the matrix's in my town will race, some younger guys drive them, but never pull up all the way to the light when were the first people. HM

C'mon guys its not matrix's it is matrices. You better get it right before one them hears you and they smoke you in a race.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

lol that is true.."matrices" is the plural of "matrix"...and to think i did those things in math 2 years ago...

Originally posted by dark_rex
    that's the same powerplant. 4cyl 1.8L 170hp / ~127tq. pretty high fompression (11:1 i think) which leads me to believe they arent' running much boost, maybe 3-4psi tops, unless the bottom end is built.

i know the G2 tegs are running 6-8psi on 1.8L 4 cyls but with 10:1 compression i believe they have the GSR heads on that though, which is probably helping compression..

i'm still a n00b in a lot of ways with the tegs, that's my brother's bag.

dR

The engine placed into the Celica GT-S is the 2ZZ-GE.

1.8L
    180HP / 130TQ
    11.5:1 compression

The 13.7 second passes were made by Mike Walker... and no, his GT-S is still N/A... I/H/E/DRs/PowerFC

The guy is just an amazing driver... and I'll give him that, too. I'd say a good 95% of the people who own a GT-S cannot drive it properly.. myself included. Shifting from 1-2 is a biatch, and can mean up to a 1.5 second difference in your ET.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234