G35 coupe vs EVO
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on G35 coupe vs EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well heres the story. I was driving to work tonight and i see this white EVO. I figure, why not ...

G35 coupe vs EVO

Well heres the story. I was driving to work tonight and i see this white EVO. I figure, why not try and get a run in with him? This would be my first real race in my G35. So i catch up to him and we hit a red light together. The light turns green and we're off. Neither of us launch. I pulled maybe 1 car length. He started gaining with each shift and by about 65mph he was 1/4 car length if front.

We hit another red light down the road and decided to go again. Again no launch from either of us. I pulled two car lengths on him right away and by 75mph i was still in front by 1 car.

This was my first race ever with an EVO and i gotta say that those MF's are fast.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry man, but I don't believe a G35 pulled on an EVO.

I have a turboback/uppipe and I keep up with G35's that launch.

HOWEVER its the street and anything is possible!

Nice kill
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I believe him. Those G35's are nice from a roll. I know for a fact though that if the race had gone over 100 the G35 auto would be far back. Regardless, keeping the race short and from a roll is the way to go, nice!

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

if neither car launched and they didnt actually "get on it" til' around 20mph or so, i believe it...

the VQ35 has some nice mid range power, and puts out a great amount of torque for what it is. I think its very believable.....

although, in a real race, launching or going to higher speeds (100mph) i would have to give it to the evo HANDS DOWN

good run
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by Trailboss
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    Well i wouldn't say that i pulled on him. Since he didn't launch, he had to deal with turbo lag which is probably why i pulled on him at the start. But you are right, anything can happen on the street.
    I can believe the story especially after what I read in Car and Driver about the off boost performance of the EVO. It lacks off boost torque, similar to a WRX. Once the tubo spools it gets moving, but before that its dead in the water.

They ran nearly a full second faster in an STi vs EVO from a street start (5mph-60mph). I believe it took well over 6 seconds (6.2 or 6.4) for the EVO to make it to 60mph from a roll.

The G35 ran the street start in 6.2 sec. (Car and Driver)

I believe the STi did it in 5.4 or 5.6 seconds. I can't remember which one.

Originally posted by DTR rex
    if neither car launched and they didnt actually "get on it" til' around 20mph or so, i believe it...

the VQ35 has some nice mid range power, and puts out a great amount of torque for what it is. I think its very believable.....

although, in a real race, launching or going to higher speeds (100mph) i would have to give it to the evo HANDS DOWN

good run
    I totally agree. If he launched his car, i would of been roasted. Im glad he didn't though because i did enjoy hearing his turbo spool up!! Brings back memories

Originally posted by Trailboss

Sorry man, but I don't believe a G35 pulled on an EVO.

I have a turboback/uppipe and I keep up with G35's that launch.

Nice kill
    Well i wouldn't say that i pulled on him. Since he didn't launch, he had to deal with turbo lag which is probably why i pulled on him at the start. But you are right, anything can happen on the street.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX

They ran nearly a full second faster in an STi vs EVO from a street start (5mph-60mph). I believe it took well over 6 seconds (6.2 or 6.4) for the EVO to make it to 60mph from a roll.
    Car & driver got an EVO to 60mph @ 5.2sec and motor trend got the EVO @ 4.59sec to 60mph. I wouldn't quote car and driver. A lot of people like to quote car and driver because it makes the EVO look slow. I think if motor trend did this test, it would look more fair for the EVO.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

Registered User persianpunisher's Avatar
    I agree, alot fo these test vary. Some magazines launch the cars, some dont.

Originally posted by GREDDY
    Car & driver got an EVO to 60mph @ 5.2sec and motor trend got the EVO @ 4.59sec to 60mph. I wouldn't quote car and driver. A lot of people like to quote car and driver because it makes the EVO look slow. I think if motor trend did this test, it would look more fair for the EVO.
    He's talking about a rolling start, 5-60mph. Not a dead stop, 0-60mph. FYI.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

I meant, if Motor trend did the 5-60mph or whatever. The outcome would look alot better for the EVO. Also, I remember Car and Drivers EVO had a slipping clutch too, so that might be the reason why the EVO was so slow.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

your remember whem we saw each other drivig that one time and we goofed around that was fun....i wsa on 10psi. did fairly well right on your bumper. my bro wants to run you in his r32. id run you too but, im not running on the street anymore unless its to prove my ride. hey where did you get your work on your rex done cuz i gotta put the vf22, and the injectors in......didnt dare ask my dad i was coniving(sp) enough to get him to do the 2.2
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    your remember whem we saw each other drivig that one time and we goofed around that was fun....i wsa on 10psi. did fairly well right on your bumper. my bro wants to run you in his r32. id run you too but, im not running on the street anymore unless its to prove my ride. hey where did you get your work on your rex done cuz i gotta put the vf22, and the injectors in......didnt dare ask my dad i was coniving(sp) enough to get him to do the 2.2
    Yeah i remember that I think that was the second week i had the car. You did pretty good, but i was shifting at 4000rpm due to the break-in period

Yeah im curious how id run against your brothers r32. Maybe at the track sometime next month.

I had a friend do all the work on my wrx when i had it. Im sure he would do it for cheap but he's in Arizona right now going to school for Audi.

how do u shift at 4000rpms while driving an automatic?
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.