WRX vs. V10 Ford Truck Pulling a Trailer

This is a discussion on WRX vs. V10 Ford Truck Pulling a Trailer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had my first wounding the other day. I won't say I killed the guy because I'm sympathetic for him that ...

WRX vs. V10 Ford Truck Pulling a Trailer

Had my first wounding the other day. I won't say I killed the guy because I'm sympathetic for him that his parents must have been cousins before they married.

I'm sitting at a stoplight and this biga$$ Ford truck with a V10 pulls up next to me. I look in my driver's side mirror and notice he is pulling a 12ish foot trailer with some riding lawn mowers on it.

The light turns green and this bozo takes off like a raped ape. I mean he had to have his foot to the floor. I'm sure if I had been looking over at before the light changed Billy Bob and Jim Bob would have been pointing at my hood scoop and laughing and making disparaging marks about the ethnicity of my vehicle.

Anyway....back to the story. Needless to say I tromped on it and had him by a car length by the time I spazzed out and hit the rev limiter in 1st. Shifted into second and then slowed down to let him pass me so I could give him my "wtf" look while I laughed histerically.

The clowns in this town crack me up!
    [COLOR=Navy]Steve in Minnesota
    '04 WRX Sport'n Wagon - PSM
    Drag Racing / Street Racing is for fast cars....Autocross is for fast drivers! COLOR]

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have had a few run ins with the WT in our town too. From Tahoes to Rams with a HEMI and those big exhausts. Some people don't understand what there trying to race. Now there are some fast trucks out there but you can usually tell.
    2004 STi

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    yep...some people just like to mess around, I guess. I'll try to race people when I'm in the avalon or the lexus. It's just fun to see a fast car take off and beat you.
    2003 SRT-4

be careful of the td's, cause you just never know
    Subaru - We actually do the **** that Audi has been bragging about for 20 years. Quitters.

Originally posted by Shangsta
    Isint that the truth.... nothing like kicking it into 4wd and outlaunching an unsuspecting wrx owner
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by Shangsta
    Does "td" stand for turbo diesel? They can definitely be fast, but they are V8s or I6s and not V10s in domestic pickups. You probably know that, but just making sure. I'd much rather have a turbo diesel than the sh*tty Triton V10.

Does this kill remind anyone of the Matrix owners kill section??

Kood kill buddy!!!

Those turbo diesels are badass. Get a big turbo and turn the boost up as high as the turbo will spin because that diesel wont knock at all!
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

I got killed by a v10 ford pulling a trailer before. He rearended me on the freeway because he was looking at the accident on the other side.

Me = 6k damage
    him = blue paint on the steel ram that is attached to the front of his truck.
    -Andrew

I Support ClubWRX
    My brother has the new King Ranch F350 super duty dually 4dr with the new 6.0 turbo diesel and I must say that it is reeeeallly powerful. We tow the 10000lb race trailor and it feels like nothing at all. I have to give Ford props for the 5sp auto trans. That things shifts so fast, it would be hard to keep up with the shifting in a manual. I'm really impressed with the lack of turbo lag also. The power is almost instantanious. I've driven trucks with the 7.3 and the lag is horrible. One of these days I'm gonna unhook her from the trailor and go Civic hunting

I just saw a vid on another forum of this turbo diesel dodge taking on a souped lightning. Nothing spectacular. Hell even an Sti could have trounced him........................ Well the 11.2 Sti in Puerto Rico that is. That Heavy@$$ turbo shocked the living crap out of me.. It did an 11.8

I have an old "Truckin" mag and there is a Excursion with a turbo diesel with all the mods and 23 inch wheels running 11.2 at over 138mph!

That's all good..but I still would hate to have to turn off my truck so I can order at the drive thru!! You must have your priority's straight.

My uncle has a V10 Triton is his delivery van. Trust me, it's not capable of smoking much of anything, let alone a WRX

Funny you bring up the Excursion. One of my friend's recently chipped his TD Excursion, and he claims it now puts down 430 to the crank. I've been in it, and it can haul pretty well!
    Last edited by VitaminWRX; 08-07-2004 at 04:57 PM.