SS Camaro VS Me

This is a discussion on SS Camaro VS Me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; At the races tonight I got the chance to line up with my buddy who has a 01 SS Camaro ...

SS Camaro VS Me

At the races tonight I got the chance to line up with my buddy who has a 01 SS Camaro with headers and exhaust/intake. I had a decent launch and pulled 3 cars in first/second shift and in third he started to reel and by 95mph he past me. At the end he had me by about 2 cars.

I was running with a super conservative map as i am in between installs with my intercooler. The car ran really good tonight.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    cool. Headers REALLY help ls1s too...
    2003 SRT-4

Re: SS Camaro VS Me

Originally posted by Cavadini
    At the races tonight I got the chance to line up with my buddy who has a 01 SS Camaro with headers and exhaust/intake. I had a decent launch and pulled 3 cars in first/second shift and in third he started to reel and by 95mph he past me. At the end he had me by about 2 cars.

I was running with a super conservative map as i am in between installs with my intercooler. The car ran really good tonight.
    nothing to be ashamed off.... those are fast cars, and his mods do a lot for the performance of an LS1. put on the FMI, and get tunned with some good EM and then go back for round 2

Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Nice runs. They're beasts.
    Slow Neon.

to hold an LS1 off till 95mph i have to give you the big Unfortunatly tho, thats where the LS1's really come alive....especially w/ headers/exhaust. I'd still consider that a nice victory tho

If you can get a small block to breathe on the exhaust side, you can make those things run! But GM keeps them choked down, pretty hard, stock.
    Nice run!

Well Im installing my intercooler later today and gonna get a really nice aggressive tune setup. With that and some 110 octane I should be able to hold this LS1 off up top!! We got a rematch scheduled for this weekend. I will take him probably unless he sprays....he just got his 150 shot hooked back up.

LS1+boltons+150shot > VF34
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

congrats sounds like you have a fast rex. Yeah you better be careful when running him with nos. You will be all happy cause your ahead and then you blink and he is a car ahead. LS1's with nos are no joke
    Subaru - We actually do the **** that Audi has been bragging about for 20 years. Quitters.