WRX vs. IS300
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. IS300 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Highway race....walked him =) Going down the I805 tonight I see some xenons approaching and moving through traffic behind me. ...

WRX vs. IS300

Highway race....walked him =)

Going down the I805 tonight I see some xenons approaching and moving through traffic behind me. I downshift to 3rd at 60 and wait, he's probably doing about 70-75 and accelerating, about 4-5 cars behind. I nail it and I'm able to match his momentum by the time I'm doing 75, then I start pulling away from him. He's trying as I hit 90 he's about 1-2 cars on my right, get up to 110 and he's falling behind so I let up. He continues to go and does the flyby, so I reel him in and wait about 5 cars behind him. Traffic opens up and he takes off, by 100 I'm gaining hard on him, 110 I'm about a car behind, 120 we begin to enter a left hand sweeper and I'm on his bumper, 130 I start to pull away, now a car ahead. The scoob is digging in and I think this guy is a little nervious, by 140 I'm now 2 cars ahead.

bahhhhh, IS300 is not as fast as I thought, at least stock anyways. He probaby had an auto or something too. If I was totally stock he would have run away.

By the fact that I gave him momentum and I gave him the initial jump says that if we lined up there wouldnt be much of a race.

A WRX is not the brick that people like to think....but hey it makes it all the better as we run away from em.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well .. the way i see it.

stock for stock given similarly skilled drivers .. the wrx will win. modified .. the wrx will win. (jee i'm starting to sound like rsxsucks ) the manual is300 will do mid 6's while the auto will pull mid 7's. it's peppy .. but by no means a speed demon.

they, is300's, need to choose their targets more wisely imo.
    -jasyn

99.5 a4 1.8tqm apr stage3 emcs

str
    I test drove an is300 and could not honestly believe they wanted $34,000 for it. I mean, it's pretty nice and the engine is smooth but 34k, no way. i asked the dealer why i should pat that much for this car and he said "it's a Lexus". not much of a selling point. i was not that impressed with the power however the guy didn't really let me get on it much.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Re: WRX vs. IS300

Originally posted by madwagon
    Highway race....walked him =)

Going down the I805 tonight I see some xenons approaching and moving through traffic behind me. I downshift to 3rd at 60 and wait, he's probably doing about 70-75 and accelerating, about 4-5 cars behind. I nail it and I'm able to match his momentum by the time I'm doing 75, then I start pulling away from him. He's trying as I hit 90 he's about 1-2 cars on my right, get up to 110 and he's falling behind so I let up. He continues to go and does the flyby, so I reel him in and wait about 5 cars behind him. Traffic opens up and he takes off, by 100 I'm gaining hard on him, 110 I'm about a car behind, 120 we begin to enter a left hand sweeper and I'm on his bumper, 130 I start to pull away, now a car ahead. The scoob is digging in and I think this guy is a little nervious, by 140 I'm now 2 cars ahead.

bahhhhh, IS300 is not as fast as I thought, at least stock anyways. He probaby had an auto or something too. If I was totally stock he would have run away.

By the fact that I gave him momentum and I gave him the initial jump says that if we lined up there wouldnt be much of a race.

A WRX is not the brick that people like to think....but hey it makes it all the better as we run away from em.
    The IS300 is a tad slower (driver's race, OK) than a RSX-S so did you expect anything less? actually, I'm amazed he even hung with you at those speeds...I figured you would have blown his doors off.

The thing I don't understand about this "ricer flyby" term is that he was trying to pass you in the first place - you were the one that slowed down and provoked the race. So what's the term for that? I'm not saying anything negative about you because I don't know you, but IMO its just as annoying to have someone slow down and fu** up your flow as it is to have someone pull a flyby.

BTW, going 140mph, that's safe. I hope there was no one else on the road. You do realize what will happen if you get pulled over going 2x+ over the speed limit, don't you. Ever heard of DUI mobile? Its a motor scooter, and that's what you'll be driving. Sorry, I just think that stuff is better suited for the race track, not a highway. Don't take this the wrong way...
    Last edited by smokey; 08-05-2002 at 09:33 AM.

str
    what???? have you ever driven an RSX? i doubt it. they only made like 10 and they have about 3000 hp. no one here could even handle the power. let's compare

wrx 0-60 5.5 sec 1/4 mile 14.5
    is300 0-60 7.0 sec 1/4 mile 15.4

rsx 0-60 0.00001 sec -1/4 mile 3.5 sec /top speed= too fast to calculate or measure.

there's no comparison really. at $500,00, thst kind of power is a bargain. the technology is a small computer chip that is located inside the actual type-s badge. aliens created it and it is a mystery. light years ahead of lexus and subaru.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Hey Madwagon what other mods do you have besides the Profec??

I have never raced an IS300. Hope to soon!

Jes

IS300 is not that fast because it is suppose to compete with BMW 325, Audi A4 and such. Luxury compact sedans. The interior is very nice tho.
    It is one of those cars that sell on looks.

Originally posted by jk147
    IS300 is not that fast because it is suppose to compete with BMW 325, Audi A4 and such. Luxury compact sedans. The interior is very nice tho.
    It is one of those cars that sell on looks.
    Yea it's definitley a nice looking car!

Has anybody in hear raced a GS400?
    i heard those are suppose to be bad ass
    they supposedly run the same as our WRXs

i would really like to knoe cause my friend owns one
    and we are suppose to race sometime soon........
    and i HELLA dont wanna lose to no autmatic
    ya feel?

Inside it looks really nice - the speedo looks awesome, plus its really comfortable to sit in them.
    On the outside, I don't really like the stock Altezza lights that Lexus is putting on most of their cars.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

From a roll, a stock WRX has no chance against a GS400/430. They run a 300 horsepower V8, and pull nicely up top. From a dig, it'd be a drivers race, because it takes quite a bit of effort to launch the massive weight of the GS. All of the riced out Altezza lights for Honda's, Acura's and whatever have really tarnished the view of the IS300 rear lights.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

str
    by the way, i'm posting crap about the rsx to get on rsxsucks nerves. i want him to realize how stupid and annoying his posts are.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Re: Re: WRX vs. IS300

Originally posted by smokey

The thing I don't understand about this "ricer flyby" term is that he was trying to pass you in the first place - you were the one that slowed down and provoked the race. So what's the term for that? I'm not saying anything negative about you because I don't know you, but IMO its just as annoying to have someone slow down and fu** up your flow as it is to have someone pull a flyby.

BTW, going 140mph, that's safe. I hope there was no one else on the road. You do realize what will happen if you get pulled over going 2x+ over the speed limit, don't you. Ever heard of DUI mobile? Its a motor scooter, and that's what you'll be driving. Sorry, I just think that stuff is better suited for the race track, not a highway. Don't take this the wrong way...
    Hmm, he was doing 80-90 to begin with, I just matched his speed and took off, then waited for him to catch up. Usually...if someone knows what they are doing and is interested in a race, they will slow down and "line up" somehow. I slow down to give the other car a chance to go again, more sporting that way. If someone blows by at 90+ and continues to accelerate I take it as a young kid that just got his panties in a bundle cuz they got spanked. If they pass by at 90 and wont accelerate I take as somebody that just wants to drive fast for the sake of it so I pull off. Driving steady state at 15-20+ more than the speed limit is just asking for a ticket.

If you know about "flow"...then you must race on the street, you know that once you get to a certain (illegal) speed that you can begin to "flow" through traffic openings. If I see someone doing this "flow" through heavy traffic, you can bet your left nut that I will purposely go and block this "flow" if it gets near me. I call it Traffic Football.

I don't know you either, but driving fast has its time and place. Driving fast is about risk and how you minimize it.

I agree....going 140 IS safe - given the proper equipment.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

A guy I was playing basketball last night with had one and I was going to run him, but didn't want to waste the gas.

BTW: I think they look like a saab with down's syndrome.

i heard GS400s 0-60 is 5.7 or somethin like that
    same as WRX stock

i just got my WRX 2 weeks ago, got no mods or nothin
    but yall think i can beat him?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast