Me vs 350z with Exhaust
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs 350z with Exhaust within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night coming home from work, I had an encounter with a new 350z 6 sp with exhaust. He came ...

Me vs 350z with Exhaust

Last night coming home from work, I had an encounter with a new 350z 6 sp with exhaust. He came up to me and started to blink his lights, so I slowed down.We were doing about 40mph at the time, I down shifted into 2nd gear.Then I honked 3 times and we were off.I was about a car up on him at about 120mph then I let off. I was pretty happy about the results.what do you guys think?
    2004 WRX Black,K&N Air filter,Turbo XS utec,3" Turbo XS turbo back stainless exhaust,Turbo XS uppipe,VF-39 Turbo Perrin BOV, DC racing 550 Injectors ,Walboro fuel pump, NGK iridium spark plugs ,Defi Boost and EGT Gauges,( 280 awhp SAE and 270 awtq SAE ).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

t
    As much as I love the wrx theres no way it could take a z from a roll with the mods you have and it being able to breath freely, but who knows all depends on the driver

Yeah I would have to see it. It would be great if wrx's were faster from a roll.
    2004 STi

maybe he was auto????

Your prolly at 210whp at most and he is at 240whp...eh you never know.

nice kill.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

with just a catback, more like 170 whp (dyno dynamics)....

Dunno what happened, but the z should've pulled on u after about 80 or so, especially a race from a roll.

I got to tell you guys that the custom exhaust i put in is not like the ones that you buy.There are no baffles and chambers on it,and I also took one of the cats(resinator) out with it.I also went neck to neck with a 97 M3 with intake and Exhaust,(which) he said that there was no way that I could of stayed neck to neck with the mods I have.The exhaust REALLY gave me more top end.I also raced a late 80s early 90s 5.0 which had at least Exhaust and pulled on him by over 2 cars.
    2004 WRX Black,K&N Air filter,Turbo XS utec,3" Turbo XS turbo back stainless exhaust,Turbo XS uppipe,VF-39 Turbo Perrin BOV, DC racing 550 Injectors ,Walboro fuel pump, NGK iridium spark plugs ,Defi Boost and EGT Gauges,( 280 awhp SAE and 270 awtq SAE ).

I have an 04 WRX as well

mods are catless TXS turboback, catless uppipe, and IC hoses, and I raced a STOCK 350Z from a 40mph roll and 60mph roll.

He pulled both times on me.

But good kill I guess...might've been an Auto...
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

interesting
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by MLB427
    I got to tell you guys that the custom exhaust i put in is not like the ones that you buy.There are no baffles and chambers on it,and I also took one of the cats(resinator) out with it.I also went neck to neck with a 97 M3 with intake and Exhaust,(which) he said that there was no way that I could of stayed neck to neck with the mods I have.The exhaust REALLY gave me more top end.I also raced a late 80s early 90s 5.0 which had at least Exhaust and pulled on him by over 2 cars.
    i got to tell you that plenty of us run straight pipes as well...no resonators/baffles or cats..you're is nothing out of the ordinary....

anyways good kill if he actually was racing....
    In real life a man is not judged by his potential...he's judged by his accomplishments.....

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    I believe it...I was behind a 350z getting on the interstate yesterday in my z28 and the guy went WOT and I stayed at about 75% throttle and I was glued to his bumper...They don't seem to be that quick...I'd put it about on par with a stockish 99+ GT stang
    2003 SRT-4

You've switch from comparing a N/A v8 from comparing a turbo four. The top end comparison is not reasonable, but if you haven't driven something other than the two top end cars i see in your signature then you might forget how significant is the difference.

para

i raced my buddy's 350z highway roll 3rd gear at like 60-65 up to 120..i took him by a car ...i have hks dp/up/ ..injen sus catback and mbc @15 psi (that day).........i would be really shocked if just with catback you could hang with a z..but with dp/up/catback and mbc it shoudln't be a problem, or in my case it wasnt...friend was bone stock..well he had injen intake but that's it
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

My best friend has a STOCK AUTO G35, and with my UTEC, UP/DP/Catback(stage II basically), i was able to pull about a car on him up to 110. With just the exhaust he would still pull me slightly from a roll. I drive this G35 daily and the G35/350z's are NO JOKE from a roll. I LOVE my wrx, but a 350 if he was really racing you with exhaust should have owned you from a roll man.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

The guy you raced must have been a terrible driver because my friend has a 350z with just an exhaust, cold air intake, and a chip and his car could definitely beat me in reverse. I am raising the BS flag on this one - I have to....I know the350z too well to be able to believe that a stock wrx with a catback and a panel filter could beat one. You can easily beat a lot of stuff with even a stock Rex but the 350z just is not on that list until you are at stage 2- Dan
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

Originally posted by Trailboss
    I have an 04 WRX as well

mods are catless TXS turboback, catless uppipe, and IC hoses, and I raced a STOCK 350Z from a 40mph roll and 60mph roll.

He pulled both times on me.

But good kill I guess...might've been an Auto...
    Even if the Z was auto, it still should of pulled. Maybe the Z didn't know they were racing until the wrx passed???
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.