Me vs 350z with Exhaust - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs 350z with Exhaust within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; They were going upwards of 120 I think he had a clue...

t
    They were going upwards of 120 I think he had a clue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Originally posted by Cavadini
    My best friend has a STOCK AUTO G35, and with my UTEC, UP/DP/Catback(stage II basically), i was able to pull about a car on him up to 110. With just the exhaust he would still pull me slightly from a roll. I drive this G35 daily and the G35/350z's are NO JOKE from a roll. I LOVE my wrx, but a 350 if he was really racing you with exhaust should have owned you from a roll man.
    dude!! Where were you when we had the whole R32 vs. G35 argument the last weeK???? Finally someone that understands the power that these cars have.

I too have to call BS on this one. I had HKS up, Godspeed down, Blitz SUS, and still lost to a 350Z. Put in my MBC (sold) and had no more problems beating them into submission on the freeway. I must tell you guys though that until you chip or change maps, the bolt-ons don't do much. I'm not saying you won't feel or notice, but they are not fully utilized until engine management accounts for them.

Now, it's not even funny how bad they lose! They still win the beauty contest though, and if you're parking lot pimpin', you'll almost always look sore.

I honestly don't know if I hadn't bought a 350Z if it was out without the mark-up when I got my WRX. They sure are damn nice cars and performers.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

I'm in the same boat had the 350Z not been so expensive when I was car shopping there would of been no choise. However I got my car new off the lot for 21k after taxes and there was no way a nissian lot was gonna get even close to that. However for a future purchase I think a greddy twin turbo 350Z sounds good And that is when I'm rich
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

I don't know why I even wrote this thread.I am 35 years old why the hell would I lie to you guys.Don't believe if you don't want, I know what happened that night.
    2004 WRX Black,K&N Air filter,Turbo XS utec,3" Turbo XS turbo back stainless exhaust,Turbo XS uppipe,VF-39 Turbo Perrin BOV, DC racing 550 Injectors ,Walboro fuel pump, NGK iridium spark plugs ,Defi Boost and EGT Gauges,( 280 awhp SAE and 270 awtq SAE ).

Originally posted by MLB427
    I don't know why I even wrote this thread.I am 35 years old why the hell would I lie to you guys.Don't believe if you don't want, I know what happened that night.
    I dont think think people are trying to say that you lied....

It's more of a, car vs. car, he should have won, and dont expect the same outcome next time.

good run though... but car vs. car, he will win that race
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Dude, don't take it so personally. Honestly, a stock 350Z should of killed you on the highway. Now you said this guy had an aftermarket exhaust, which i doubt. The stock exhaust could pass for an aftermarket one if the person looking doesn't know much about the Z. Anything could happen on the street. The guy in the Z probably screwed up when shifting. 9 out of 10 times, the Z will own a stock WRX, especially from a roll
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

sorry, but i cant believe the story.
    The Z must have been a terrible driver.
    Ive beaten one stage 2 wrx from a roll..of course we were racing at a very high speed. Im stock by the way.
    Z33

problem solver is MBC..not cobb...they are overhyped..but MBC at 16 psi
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    problem solver is MBC..not cobb...they are overhyped..but MBC at 16 psi
    MBC at 16psi on the stock turbo means nothing. At 16psi the turbo is out of its efficientcy range anyway.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    MBC at 16psi on the stock turbo means nothing. At 16psi the turbo is out of its efficientcy range anyway.
    on a dyno at 16 psi i made the most power

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    on a dyno at 16 psi i made the most power
    yes from everything I've heard 16 PSI is THE peak efficiency. Anything more is out of the range.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    maybe he was auto????

Your prolly at 210whp at most and he is at 240whp...eh you never know.

nice kill.
    yes, at most 210whp. but i HIGHLY doubt he's even over 200whp. if so, could that be a mustang dyno reading?

i dyno'd last year w/ a heartbreaking 180whp w/ the following mods: UP + blitz BC + underdriven pully + silicone hoses + unichip. granted, it was on a dyno dynamics (reads the lowest). but still. just giving you a sense of what i dyno'd w/, w/ moderate mods
    www.realultimatepower.net

i just realized his racing but for his occupation(in his profile) it says law enforcement

Originally posted by SLOW4EAT
    i got to tell you that plenty of us run straight pipes as well...no resonators/baffles or cats..you're is nothing out of the ordinary....

anyways good kill if he actually was racing....
    How loud are straightpipes?
    2004 Subaru WRX Sti - Java Black Pearl/Silver wheels.

-Bone stock

I believe you.

I also know how you feel when you post a kill here and get flamed. I posted my first kill, a win over a kinky late 60s Stingray and was hounded.
    It happened, I was there and so was he and I won, but when there are other things we cant see or explain about the race then our brothers here are going to think something is up.

Or maybe theyre just jealous (Puts flame suit on)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast