04 WRX vs. Chevy S-10 SS
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs. Chevy S-10 SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way to band practice when I pulled into a Quik Trip to pick up a 6 ...

04 WRX vs. Chevy S-10 SS

I was on my way to band practice when I pulled into a Quik Trip to pick up a 6 pack. In the parking lot was a red Chevy S-10 SS with a windshield banner that read "American Muscle". After my purchase the SS was still outside with the driver at the wheel. It seemed like he was waiting for me to leave to give chase. As I pulled out of my parking spot he pulled out ahead. He was turning out on the main street the same direction I was going. He took off at WOT spinning his tires. I launched behind him and swung in the outside lane and went past him like he was standing still. I took over the right lane and was at a red light with the SS no behind me. The SS had a very loud exhaust so I could easily tell when he was at WOT. The light turns green and I take off slowly and shift to second and put a little space between us. The SS proceeds to close the gap at WOT. He was planning on swinging in the left lane to pass. I nailed it and put bus lengths on him to 80. I turned left, and the SS gave up chase. I was actually expecting a race, or even getting beaten by a machine boasting an "American Muscle" banner. Ironically there was some real American muscle ahead of me in the turn lane. A mid 90's green firebird ahead of me. He was driving slow then for no reason took off and I followed right behind. The firebird driver then put up his right index finger and motioned in a circle......weird. Was that for me? We both got on the highway with him taking off at random times and me following behind. I know he would have taken me on the highway, but when I was in full boost I was either gaining or holding against him. The firebird was probably bone stock except for exhaust.
    2004 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When my friends and I spot a cop or think there might be one around we will sometimes circle our finger like that.

Does the s-10 even availabel with an SS package?

Originally posted by SCWRX
    When my friends and I spot a cop or think there might be one around we will sometimes circle our finger like that.

Does the s-10 even availabel with an SS package?

http://www.s-series.org/ss/history.html
    2004 WRX

i think the finger meant "whoop tee doo you have an import"
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Originally posted by gusto
    i think the finger meant "whoop tee doo you have an import"
    Strange....I was just behind him driving normally.
    2004 WRX

The finger in a circle means follow me to the local oval track.

Thanks for the link. Those S-10 SS's were pretty cool. But yeah, still slow stock.

Maybe he was just trying to flick a booger! But, wait.. I thought GM guys ate there boogers...so that can't be right!

j/k besides Ford guys do most of the eating.... HA

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.