Stg 2 WRX vs 1.8t
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stg 2 WRX vs 1.8t within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Late last night on the way home from my girls house I got into it with a golf 1.8t. He ...

Stg 2 WRX vs 1.8t

Late last night on the way home from my girls house I got into it with a golf 1.8t. He honked three times and we went from 60 to about 125 or so. I'm suprised my car beat him by no more than a hood or maybe even half of that. The guy was really cool and told me his mods were intake,chip,tbe. Mine are Cobb stg 2 with headers so about 16psi
    03 Blk WRX
    COBB Stg 2

60' 1.800
    1/4 13.4 @ 100mph (Before Cobb)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Sub's top end blows. Know when not to race. I have tons of mods, and this guy in a cobra kept F*&king with me on the Freeway. I kept giving in and getting spanked, with taunting on his behalf. We got off on the same exit. And guess what, any stoplight is payback time with AWD. He must have felt like such an ass when I killed him in front of his friends following. I had at least 3 cars on him by the time I hit my 2-3 shift. That's the end of that. just realize that our cars were not built for high speed runs, but head snapping low end acceleration. Think of how fast Rally cars go and what ranges they accelerate in. usually between 40-100 and back to 40 mph. It's rare for these guys to ever hit and maintain triple digit speeds.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Cool I rased a GTI once and smoked him

Knowing thy is the best advice I tell people. Being that my wife has a 1.8T Wolfberg Jetta, I am quite aware what these cars car do. Remember, these cars were designed for top end performance like SRT-4s My wife's 1.8T has 20 VALVES in that head.

Anyway I ran into a "Wolfpack" on the street (bunch of guys racing with 2-way radios and very organized). I came up behind a VTEC something and an Integra race where I was beheind them. On the side of me was that GTI and a few cars behind me. Those two cars took off and I came up and stayed on their tails like they weren't moving at all. Since they had walkie-ts on them, the must of radio to each other becuase their fastest guy wanted some of me. I heard a nice loud turbo along with a loud whistle. He asked if wanted to go, I said sure. He then radioed up ahead and those cars in front of us moved to the side and let us up the middle. We hit a red light and honestly, this was my first run on the Stage 2. I knew to feather it out or it was bye bye 1st gear. I saw the light turning yellow on the other side and so I started the 3-4000 rpm rev. That light hit green, did my feather and then saw my rpms shoot up and float between 5300-6100 rpms. My tires started to spin on a feather so I was like "uh-oh". He didn't hook either but I jumped on him between 1.5 - 2 cars and held that lead all the way. I spoke with the guys at the end of the race and his first question was "What is done that thing?!" I told him and he was cool about it. He told me his mods....

Revo 93 oct reflash
    downpipe
    exhaust
    filter

That I know for a fact is good for at least 230 whp and in such a light car, that is why I didn't pull on him any more than I did.

Honestly, if I had a better launch, removed my 3rd cat, and had Silicone intercooler piping, I probably would have slowly pulled on him (not much). As for the kiddies with Stage 4, they need not even launch, just roll the car out and wait for that wild spool to send you down the runway!
    Last edited by Whoosh; 07-29-2004 at 10:25 PM.

The other night I was fooling w/ a 1.8 gti too...

I kept fooling w/him in second gear and he kept up w/me...we didnt get to third though. He thought his car was hot sh@t. I asked him if we could go a little further where there were no cops. He obliged. Again he stayed w/me in 2nd and well then my 3rd pulled him like he was standing still and I shut down 4 cars ahead. He then pulled up and was like ...Nice cars and pretty quick but stock turbo...eh not gonna cut it. They all have chips in there car and most of them have chips on there shoulders....VW owners always seem a little perturbed...lol to me. eh ..

nice kill.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

yeah, gti's modded can be made pretty fast. a couple of weeks ago, i came up to this modded out black 20th anniversary. The car looked very clean. we go from aobut a 10mph roll which he gets an instant jump on me about a car lenght and we keep it like that till 70 when he lets off. i followed him to get my revenge. we get back on the highway and we find a red light where he pulls a u-turn. i follow him and get next to him and asked him what he has done to his car. he told me chip, intake, exhaust, dp, and stuff like tint, etc. i asked him to race again and he said fine. we did this again from a 10mph roll, but this time i was ready to race, on the third honk we both go at it, with him getting just a bit of the lead, but by third gear i was passing him up and top of third i was a good 1 car ahead and still pulling hard. i guess their cars give up up high. anyhow, the guy gets next to me and starts telling me that my car is a beast and that he cant believe its completely stock. this was done in my r32 btw.

i also raced a vr6 with my wrx, stock for stock, and off the line i would get him by a couple of car lenghts, with a great break torque, but from a roll, we would be pretty even, with him edging me out over 90mph.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

at the track there was a kid with a jetta 1.8t with chip and turbo bcak exhuast and the seats were taken out. it ran 13.9@100

there faster then people think.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

I can't wait for my turbo upgrade so that I don't have to worry about what speed I'm at. Hey ellinopedo182 how do you like that r32 I'm in the process of making my friend buy it over the srt-4?
    03 Blk WRX
    COBB Stg 2

60' 1.800
    1/4 13.4 @ 100mph (Before Cobb)

I got to race a slightly modded version of these in BelAir Maryland about 2 weekends ago. Of course he didnt wanna go from a stop so I didnt really wanna bother. But he kept doing the speed up past me slow down thing, and my lady friend was like I think he wants to race really bad. We go from a 3 honk at about 8mph so I'm chillin in first loving it. Run it out to the end of 3rd where we where gonna hit the next light and I had about 2 cars on in. And like someone else said he was a little disturbed and immediatly hit the next right. I wanted to extend the thumbs up or atleast say good game. But oh well Stage 2 WRX powa
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

I've owned

1.8 Jetta: Chip, Exhaust

1.8 GTI: Chip, Ehaust

neither were fast, theyre fun cars, look great, nice interior, but not fast. I notice those saying how much pop they have are former VW owners that can't let go. They really lag

My wife drives a stock Lexus IS300 and it hammered our Jetta and kept close with the GTI.

Originally posted by HBPUNK
    I've owned

1.8 Jetta: Chip, Exhaust

1.8 GTI: Chip, Ehaust

neither were fast, theyre fun cars, look great, nice interior, but not fast. I notice those saying how much pop they have are former VW owners that can't let go. They really lag

My wife drives a stock Lexus IS300 and it hammered our Jetta and kept close with the GTI.
    What kinda chip and what kinda exhaust are you running? I hate to burst your bubble but my cousin from CT, who owned a Jetta with APR chip 93 octane, Bailey DV, and GHL 3" turboback(stock turbo).. That thing can haul ass!
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.