Spanked by a 911 (996)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Spanked by a 911 (996) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My girl and I were headed up to Duncan Donoughts last and came up to a light US1 and stopped ...

Spanked by a 911 (996)

My girl and I were headed up to Duncan Donoughts last and came up to a light US1 and stopped next to the 911...we both took off and I got him out of the hole and he passed me just after he hit second (I could hear the chirp). I was suprised at how slowly he pulled me...my girl was too. We're used to playing in my 500hp cobra so it's a different world in the scooby...but I can't wait to pump this thing up
    2002 WRX WRBlue Sedan (Sold)
    AVO - Full Exhaust, TMIC, BOV, Spray
    Link Intercept
    Greddy Profec B
    Blitz SUS

2001 Z06 Corvette (Sold)
    Torch Red/Black
    K&N Filter
    Short Shifter

2002 C32 AMG

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the board!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Thanks
    2002 WRX WRBlue Sedan (Sold)
    AVO - Full Exhaust, TMIC, BOV, Spray
    Link Intercept
    Greddy Profec B
    Blitz SUS

2001 Z06 Corvette (Sold)
    Torch Red/Black
    K&N Filter
    Short Shifter

2002 C32 AMG

911s are nothing compared to the WRX. Oh sure, they handle okay but still, they don't handle anywhere near as well as the WRX on or off road. And straight line acceleration isn't even close. I'm surprised that you had trouble killing him. He must have had a LOT of mods to beat a WRX from a standstill!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    911s are nothing compared to the WRX. Oh sure, they handle okay but still, they don't handle anywhere near as well as the WRX on or off road. And straight line acceleration isn't even close. I'm surprised that you had trouble killing him. He must have had a LOT of mods to beat a WRX from a standstill!
    This wasnt one of the old 70s-80s 180HP 911 S's or something it was at least a 275-300HP 90's model. Those are not slow in any way. They can be very fast off the line with a decent driver - engine over rear wheels...
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

they don't handle anywhere near as well as the WRX on or off road.
    When was the last time you saw a Porsche like this one go off road?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss516

This is what I'm saying. They don't handle anywhere near as well as the WRX on or off road. Sure, a stupid 911 driver might try to challenge a WRX, but the Porsche would soon be left far far behind.

Even if the 911 could outhandle a WRX on road, you could always just say "Let's take it off road" and that would show the 911 who was superior!
    2002 RSX Type S

Originally posted by madwagon

This wasnt one of the old 70s-80s 180HP 911 S's or something it was at least a 275-300HP 90's model. Those are not slow in any way. They can be very fast off the line with a decent driver - engine over rear wheels...
    Yeah, but the WRX has more torque and AWD. Remember, HP is an absolutely meaningless number that is completely fabricated by marketing types. Theoretically, a stock WRX should lose to a stock S2000 if you looked at HP. But it never happens. The WRX always beats the S2000 from a stop and from a roll. So I don't care if the 911 had 1000HP, it would still lose to the WRX.
    2002 RSX Type S

Originally posted by Trailboss516

Off road?? Did I miss something at the beginning of this thread that said anything about off road?

Any why in the hell would I want to drive my Porsche off road? That's what the Range Rover is for!
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

This is what I'm saying. They don't handle anywhere near as well as the WRX on or off road. Sure, a stupid 911 driver might try to challenge a WRX, but the Porsche would soon be left far far behind.

Even if the 911 could outhandle a WRX on road, you could always just say "Let's take it off road" and that would show the 911 who was superior!
    ok lame...this thread is now useless...
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Yeah, but the WRX has more torque and AWD. Remember, HP is an absolutely meaningless number that is completely fabricated by marketing types. Theoretically, a stock WRX should lose to a stock S2000 if you looked at HP. But it never happens. The WRX always beats the S2000 from a stop and from a roll. So I don't care if the 911 had 1000HP, it would still lose to the WRX.

(at least I'm getting some posts in on this....)
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Thats where he said the part about off-roading, MadWagon...don't worry, I'm sometimes as confused as you are when I read his posts!

Originally posted by madwagon

ok lame...this thread is now useless...
    Why, are you suggesting that the 911 is faster and can handle better than the WRX?

BLASPHEMY!!!

Let's get some wood boys, it's time to burn us a witch!
    2002 RSX Type S

Ya, well if it's a turbo 911, he'll hand you your arse if you're anywhere near a stock wrx. You'll have to be Stage 4 or so to hang with him. And whoever said 911s don't handle well hasn't driven one. They rock.

Carlo

I love my WRX, but I know WRX is not GOD.
    Yeah, WRX is faster than most car on the street, I donno what make you think it can kill everyone. At least, there's hell no way you can beat a S2K from a roll, and that's the truth. You better learn than they make cars for tracks and for rally. And ours' the Rally Superior.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.