Spanked by a 911 (996) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Spanked by a 911 (996) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by jakrex I love my WRX, but I know WRX is not GOD. Yeah, WRX is faster than ...

Originally posted by jakrex
    I love my WRX, but I know WRX is not GOD.
    Yeah, WRX is faster than most car on the street, I donno what make you think it can kill everyone. At least, there's hell no way you can beat a S2K from a roll, and that's the truth. You better learn than they make cars for tracks and for rally. And ours' the Rally Superior.
    There are enough stock WRX kills on S2000s here to convince me that yes, the stock WRX has more than enough power to kill an S2000 from a stop and from a roll. Remember guys, the S2000 only has 150lb-ft of torque! It is a very weak car and certainly can't compete with the 217lb-ft that the WRX makes.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Carlo
    Ya, well if it's a turbo 911, he'll hand you your arse if you're anywhere near a stock wrx. You'll have to be Stage 4 or so to hang with him. And whoever said 911s don't handle well hasn't driven one. They rock.

Carlo
    Oh, 911 are no handling slouches, that's for sure! But haven't you seen autoX results? The WRX consistently is at the very top. It beats everything because stock, the WRX is even more solid than the 911.
    2002 RSX Type S

str
    have you ever driven a 911? those things would kill my wrx stock for stock. i've been in one and it is very fast and they handle awesome.
    2004 Black Forester XT

the 911 hands the WRX it's ass in everything....acceleration, handling, looks, etc etc etc.

give it a rest man. pretty soon you're gonna be saying a WRX is faster than a Lamborghini
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

I agree...I never expected to take a 911 stock for stock. I was going to get a 911, but it would be too flashy for my job. I figured I could have as much fun in the scooby and nobody would think that having a subaru was extravagant...
    2002 WRX WRBlue Sedan (Sold)
    AVO - Full Exhaust, TMIC, BOV, Spray
    Link Intercept
    Greddy Profec B
    Blitz SUS

2001 Z06 Corvette (Sold)
    Torch Red/Black
    K&N Filter
    Short Shifter

2002 C32 AMG

Originally posted by TurboWRX
    the 911 hands the WRX it's ass in everything....acceleration, handling, looks, etc etc etc.

give it a rest man. pretty soon you're gonna be saying a WRX is faster than a Lamborghini
    Isn't it? And even if it isn't faster on road, I'll just use WRX mantra #1: "We are faster off-road so who cares about on-road performance?"
    2002 RSX Type S

Originally posted by RSXSucks

Isn't it? And even if it isn't faster on road, I'll just use WRX mantra #1: "We are faster off-road so who cares about on-road performance?"
    dude.

stock fer stock.

lambos and 911s are cannon fodder for WRX.

what are you guys thinking?

Originally posted by rally_wannabe

dude.

stock fer stock.

lambos and 911s are cannon fodder for WRX.

what are you guys thinking?
    I'm glad someone agrees with me! Yay, I'm feeling the love again!
    2002 RSX Type S

Originally posted by TurboWRX

I completely agree! My father has a 2000 996 Cabriolet and my stock WRX is a damn joke compared to that thing. I agree that with $2000 in mods my WRX could take a 996 in the 1/4, but in everything else FORGET IT!!! The Porsche is an $80,000 sports car, and it perfroms like an $80,000 sports car. Numbers are fun to look at, but drive both cars and you'll realize which is the winner. Of course I never like to compare two completely different kinds of vehicles, but when you do, you get threads like this one....

Originally posted by Schaf100

I agree that with $2000 in mods my WRX could take a 996 in the 1/4, but in everything else FORGET IT!!!
    Come now, you are forgetting about rally. The WRX could kick any Porsche in the 1/4 mile and in a rally. And I dare say that it could hang awfully close in a road course if not beat it. But yes, on a road course, it would be awfully close.
    2002 RSX Type S

Well, don't forget about the 959 Rally cars that DOMINATED in the late 80s

Originally posted by Schaf100
    Well, don't forget about the 959 Rally cars that DOMINATED in the late 80s
    I'm sure the WRX is better than those.
    2002 RSX Type S

str
    don't count out the Acura RSX. those things are beasts. they could easily take out a 911 and a wrx. those things have front wheel drive and have about 200 horses. WOW! i think they are like 500,000 dollars or something and they only made like 10 of them.
    2004 Black Forester XT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.