Modded WRX vs WRC spec KIA Rio

This is a discussion on Modded WRX vs WRC spec KIA Rio within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dont get exited now people - a WRC KIA is factory spec rice. http://motormouth.com.au/myvehicle/c...cle=2003_7_kia Last night I pulled up at ...

Modded WRX vs WRC spec KIA Rio

Dont get exited now people - a WRC KIA is factory spec rice.
    http://motormouth.com.au/myvehicle/c...cle=2003_7_kia

Last night I pulled up at a freeway on ramp to see, much to my amusement a shiny new WRC KIA line up beside me. I looked at the massive wing on the back, the non functional hood scoop on the hood and then I looked at the driver - with my favourite "You are kidding - arent ya?" expression.

He looked away, then planted it as the lights changed to green - with me stuck at the lights looking the place this KIA used to be as he's getting got full gas on - getting the jump on me.

About 3 seconds later, I snap out of it, and for no other reason than to be an arrogant d!ck, I launch. By this stage the KIA is about....oooo....maybe 2 or 3 car lengths ahead of me.
    Halfway through the shift to second I have completely owned him to the tune of 3 lengths, before I closed down to sedately turn onto the freeway.

Strangely, there was no feeling of glorious triumph. Maybe due to the fact that the KIA has 71kw and my WRX has over 210, or
    maybe due to the fact I just wasted my precious 98 octane on a car with less pickup than a man with no hands in a greasy egg collecting competition.

Acted like a wanker(?), yes I did. Still, I bet there isnt one of you out there that could let a WRC Rio driver entertain the thought that they schooled a WRX.
    - however, I will be better behaved from now on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know what's funnier: That Kia produces that car, or that people actually buy it.

Yours is the first story I've heard about seeing one in the wild.

You dealt with him appropriately. The last thing we need is for Kia people to start claiming they 0wn3d a WRX.
    02 WRX Sedan, Silver ("Bugeye")
    TXS Up-pipe, Turbo-back w/cat, Cobb AccessECU Stage 2.
    97 Legacy Outback, White
    Stock. Very stock.

Re: Modded WRX vs WRC spec KIA Rio

Originally posted by archiebrown

I just wasted my precious 98 octane on a car with less pickup than a man with no hands in a greasy egg collecting competition.

Australians are the wierdest bunch of people!!!!! hahaha..i love that quote..i might use it!
    In real life a man is not judged by his potential...he's judged by his accomplishments.....

haha good story

That thing is the ugliest thing I have ever seen...If I was SOA I would be pissed...what a crappy knock off...who does that?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

hahahahahah omg that is awesome! Let us know about any other Rio encounters you have in the land down under!

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    That thing is the ugliest thing I have ever seen...If I was SOA I would be pissed...what a crappy knock off...who does that?
    i'm gonna buy one..
    In real life a man is not judged by his potential...he's judged by his accomplishments.....

Mine's a Stock-a-roo

lol...that's just great

worst part of this lookalike is a bunch of ricer civics are gonna be faster than it ...not knowing any better, they will go around telling their friends they beat a wrx when in fact it was one of these pieces of Sh!T...sad part is..the idiot ricer civic driver probably will think it really is a rex
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

reminds me of this mid 90's buick full of 16 yr olds that punched it at a light, next to me on route 14.

I smiled, obliged... and dropped the clutch in 1st, after my shift to 2nd i waved to em...

hope they enjoyed
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.