Infiniti FX45
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Infiniti FX45 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; These have quite a bit under the hood correct, and awd ( )? They also have very nice interiors. Anyone ...

Infiniti FX45

These have quite a bit under the hood correct, and awd ( )? They also have very nice interiors. Anyone know any of the numbers on them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Around high 14s to low 15s @ 93-95 according to Dragtimes.com.
    2005 Aspen White STi

my friends dad has one in the orange color and it is really nice (navigaton screen/rear view camera/dvd flat screens)and sounds like a g35 under WOT. IMO
    "addicted to Subaru"

I Support ClubWRX
    A buddy and I were recently down in Myrtle Beach and stopped at the Nascar go-cart track to rip a few laps off (missed the track record by a second damnit!!!).
    When I pulled into the parking lot and parked, a dad and his two teenage kids were walking in front of me. When we got out, the kids kept eyeballing the car and the father was trying to hustle them along. One of the kids asks "how much horsepower" to which I replied "300 stock". The dad turns around and says "that things pretty fast huh". I just grinned and said it would likely beat anything in the parking lot (nothing exotic in it).
    He got a funny look on his face and says "it won't beat mine". I looked back in the parking lot thinking I must have missed something. I asked him which one was his, and he points to a white FX45. I asked him what kind of work he had done to it and he says nothing. I just chuckled and went on my way.

On the way home, I'm trailering the car behind a moving truck (grabbing my wife's antiques from her mom's house) and what do you know...there goes the FX 45 with the kid's faces plastered against the windows ogling the STi. He was moving good on 501 which is notorious for it's popo presense. Sure enough, about 5 miles down the road, he is pulled over by a state trooper. I just honked my horn and waved as we went by. I still couldn't believe he thought an SUV was faster than and STi....some people.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I had a couple girls (20 years old or so) try to race me in one back when I had the scooby. It even had neons underneath.

It didnt seem very fast.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Keep in mind there is the FX 35 (with the 6 cylinder) and the over 300 hp FX 45 (with the 8 cylinder). They look nearly identical except for the wheels (optional on the 35) and the badging.

I'd take either if I had to drive an SUV capable of towing larger trailers.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Its funny, a manual Forester XT would put a FX45 driver in shock
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

I Support ClubWRX
    They're very nice and have smooth sounding exhausts, but an XT > FX45 anyday.

Funny story about the guy who thought his was faster than an STi...! What a tool.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I knocked the crap out of one on the way up to Milwaukee (summerfest) I had 4 people in the car, and this black FX with a brushgard tried to squeeze me into the mergelane.

2nd gear put 3 lengths on him, went straight to 5th, resumed my cruising...

I didnt post cuz i didnt think anything of it. All i got out of it was a grin
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by Integra96
    They're very nice and have smooth sounding exhausts, but an XT > FX45 anyday.

Funny story about the guy who thought his was faster than an STi...! What a tool.
    FX35 or FX45?

i would take the FX45 anyday over the XT, but dont forget the FX45 starts at 45k and the forester starts at 23k big difference. Is it twice the car? No way. For the value you cant beat the XT.

You also cant beat the sound of the FX45
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

I have driven and ran against an FX45. They are definitely quick... not to be underestimated. Just because it's an SUV doesn't mean anything. I've got a WRX with turboback exhaust. I've raced one from a roll and it was basically dead even. They are fast. Didn't race from a stop, but I'm sure my MT would have beat his automatic off the line.

When I drove it, it felt pretty fast and handles very well. It puts the power down very smooth thought, that it almost doesn't seem as fast is it really is when you're driving it.

And as for calling it an SUV, it really barely is. There is extremely little cargo room in it for an SUV. It's a wide squatty thing and it is performance and luxury driven, not "utility" driven. And they definitely suck down gas big time!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh I know the FX45 is quick and is pretty sporty for an SUV (and the interior owns pretty much any Suby!), I just meant that the Forester XT is a better all around vehicle (AWD, amazing engine, 1/2 the price, pretty nice interior, value, etc.), IMO.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

It's a pity the people who drive them typically have an "I'm special" look on their face. Personally I think they are ridiculous looking

I dont think he was being all that cocky about his car..... i think he just didnt know sh!t about cars and assumed that since your STI has 300hp and his fx45 had 315hp that his car was automatically faster...

you would suprised how many people use pure HP as a figure of speed. kinda reminds me of the MT issue with the 315hp cobra vs. the lotus w/ 190hp.
    needless to say the cobra got OWN3D!

Lots of people ask me, "how much hp does that thing have" and i respond, "about 270 or so to the crank".... so then they think that their 300hp expedition, or 300hp caddie is faster.
    i just smile.... its kinda cool being unsuspecting. and then having to educate them on AWD, power/weight ratio, and good engineering
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR rex
    so then they think that their 300hp expedition, or 300hp caddie is faster.
    i just smile.... its kinda cool being unsuspecting. and then having to educate them on AWD, power/weight ratio, and good engineering

Not that I am any car expert by any means... but it's always amazing to me when people think stuff like that. People who think that just because a car has more horsepower means that it's faster.... or when some people say, "Oh, that's only a four cylinder..." and they think any V8 will naturally be faster. Silly people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast