WRX vs Prelude SH?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Prelude SH? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How would a WRX perform as compared to a Prelude SH? The WRX is stock with 17 inch wheels/tires, and ...

Question WRX vs Prelude SH?

How would a WRX perform as compared to a Prelude SH? The WRX is stock with 17 inch wheels/tires, and the Prelude has springs/intake/muffler/intake. I am concerned mostly with straight line speed for this comparo, but comments concerning turns are welcomed too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Race and find out. From the way you're talking, it seems the WRX is yours. You should rip the Prelude a new hole from standstill. But from like 80+ mph, I'd say forget it cuz the Prelude has momentum and mods that will allow it to every so slowly creep away from you. Not to mention the fact that the WRX = brick while Prelude = arrow in aerodynamics.

Re: WRX vs Prelude SH?

Originally posted by Lightsped
    How would a WRX perform as compared to a Prelude SH? The WRX is stock with 17 inch wheels/tires, and the Prelude has springs/intake/muffler/intake. I am concerned mostly with straight line speed for this comparo, but comments concerning turns are welcomed too.
    Straight line: WRX by 15 cars at the end of the 1/4.

Also, the WRX has more torque and AWD so it will accelerate out of the corners MUCH faster than the Prelude. Also, since the stock WRX has 0 body roll, it will outslalom the Prelude by at least 5mph. The WRX can do 60-0 in about 80 feet because AWD allows you to stop much quicker than FWD (this is a fact, I've heard it said by many WRX owners).

All in all, the WRX completely trounces the Prelude in every way possible.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Oh yeah, the Prelude is a Honda! That alone should tell you that the WRX kills it. We all know that all Hondas suck really bad.
    2002 RSX Type S

Don't listen to RSXsucks, he's a moron.
    The SH part won't do you any good in a straight line. You'll own him from a start and from a roll it could be close, IMO its a drivers race from anything above 60/70. In the turns, the preludes are quick, but you should still hold him off.
    autobahn storming scooby

I have seen preludes with those mods get into 14's. So if you granny shift and do it half assed, you will lose.

I had race one with all the mods you describe when I'm still stock.
    From a roll, it will be a pretty close game, since you can't get any advantage from our AWD beauty. But if it's from a stop, try to slip your clutch at 4000rpm and do all the shift at 5500rpm and you can still smoke his a$$ by at least 5-7 cars lenght, of cuz that you had to have a good launch.

Enjoy !!

Albert

Yo

I had a nice friendly race against an SH on the hwy however it just finished my mods from the night before thus a total of uppipe + downpipe + cat back + MBC @ 16psi. He came next to me on the hwy and we chatted and I asked him if he wanted to go and he did so I let him jump 1/2 a car length then I gunned it. We started at 50mph so I basically started in 3rd and ran through 3rd till 100mph. I walked on him 3+ car lengths easily but that's w/ all of my mods on the hwy. Yes you'll rape the Honda off the line but it should be close when stock vs. stock.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

You guys are wrong, I'm sorry. The Prelude is only a tiny bit faster than an RSX (some rice boys might even say that the RSX is a tiny bit faster). Regardless, the straight line acceleration between these 2 cars is about the same.

Now, since the stock WRX completely annihilates the RSX from a roll (no one here has ever had any problems putting 10 car lengths on an RSX from 70-100), and the RSX and Prelude are about the same from a roll, then it doesn't take too much logic to figure that a WRX will rape a Prelude from a stop and from a roll.

Oh, and the WRX handles FAR better and it has a much more luxurious interior.
    2002 RSX Type S

RSXsucks...

You seem to have a lot of free time.

Wouldn't it be better spent selling that RSX?

Re: RSXsucks...

Originally posted by cobra117
    You seem to have a lot of free time.

Wouldn't it be better spent selling that RSX?
    No, I can't afford to buy a new car right now and since the resale is so bad on Acuras, I would be upside down in my loan if I sold it.

So, instead, I'll hang around a group of people who are so superior to me, it makes me feel a little superior too.
    2002 RSX Type S

Re: Re: RSXsucks...

Originally posted by RSXSucks

No, I can't afford to buy a new car right now and since the resale is so bad on Acuras, I would be upside down in my loan if I sold it.

So, instead, I'll hang around a group of people who are so superior to me, it makes me feel a little superior too.
    With a good loan you will not be upside down. My friend was the same way with his integra gsr. He traded the gsr in for a rex and he is not upside down anymore. Talk w/ the dealers. Don't give us that bs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Re: Re: Re: RSXsucks...

Originally posted by BamBooI

With a good loan you will not be upside down. My friend was the same way with his integra gsr. He traded the gsr in for a rex and he is not upside down anymore. Talk w/ the dealers. Don't give us that bs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, I paid $28K for my RSX and they are now offering me $10K. I guess even the dealers know that the RSX is a totally crappy car!
    2002 RSX Type S

My friend is interested in your rsx. How much do you want for it?
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

str
    my friend has a moded prelude, although it looks and sounds sweet, it is at least a second and a half slower than my lightly moded wrx.
    2004 Black Forester XT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.