WRX vs Prelude SH? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX vs Prelude SH? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I came from a 99 TYpe SH Prelude to my WRX. And I will tell you two things about them. ...

I came from a 99 TYpe SH Prelude to my WRX. And I will tell you two things about them. STock for stock mind you:

1) They are closer than you think in the 1/4 mile albeit the WRX will win.

2) BOth with stock RE-92's the Prelude will hand the WRX it's ARSE in the mountain twisties. Just to give you some idea. I live in Colorado and drove both on the same twisty mountain roads (hwy 50) and in the Prelude could take curve A at say 90mph while the WRX would struggle to take the same curve at 70mph. The ATTS system just simply works wonders on the Type SH.

With upgraded rubber SO3's on 17x7SSR Competition rims, STi shocks and struts, and whiteline swaybars on the WRX it is finally on the same level or slightly above a stock Prelude Type SH in the long sweeping curves. Hey you don't believe me fine... but why would I lie? I sold the Prelude to get the WRX . I should be defending my new purchase right .
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ex luders

I'm another person that came from a 99lude. I had I/E/P/field's vtec controller/volk TE37s and some other stuff that I cannot remember. My old lude would have trouble hanging w/ a wrx through the 1/4, but I'm pretty sure I would be able to take one if the race was to 120mph>
    A modified WRX (moderately modified in my book is a wrx w/ a turbo upgrade) would crush a lude that even had head work(cams, retainers, etc) and pistons...
    Turbo cars are just so much more fun to modify
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

str
    don't know too many people who race at 120. i think the real test would be on a course. sh models handle awesome so it would be a very tight race on a track. i may even say that the sh would edge it out. as far as the street is concerned or 1/4 mile, wrx will dominate.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123