WRX vs Prelude SH? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Prelude SH? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by str my friend has a moded prelude, although it looks and sounds sweet, it is at least ...

Originally posted by str
    my friend has a moded prelude, although it looks and sounds sweet, it is at least a second and a half slower than my lightly moded wrx.
    Yup, with not much more than an MBC, the WRX is faster than any modded car out there.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Had both

From personal experience with both (I owned a 97 Prelude with Intake headers exhaust and ecu reprogram)I would have to agree with earlier posts I think the WRX is way faster up to 85 or so but my Prelude seemed pretty quick above that since the v-tec kicked in on higher revs which is where it gets alot of its power.
    I would much rather have my WRX than the Prelude for Daily driving and in corners since the Prelude makes very little power under 6000 rpm.
    TJSUPE

Re: Had both

Originally posted by tjsupe
    From personal experience with both (I owned a 97 Prelude with Intake headers exhaust and ecu reprogram)I would have to agree with earlier posts I think the WRX is way faster up to 85 or so but my Prelude seemed pretty quick above that since the v-tec kicked in on higher revs which is where it gets alot of its power.
    I would much rather have my WRX than the Prelude for Daily driving and in corners since the Prelude makes very little power under 6000 rpm.
    See, why ban me when I say the same things that WRX owners say?
    2002 RSX Type S

Re: Had both

Originally posted by tjsupe
    Oh, yeah thats right, it only makes like 60hp until it hits 6000rpms and then it feels like 300 when that vtec kicks in.. I'm gonna go vote on a ban right now.

Re: Re: Had both

Originally posted by Retro

Oh, yeah thats right, it only makes like 60hp until it hits 6000rpms and then it feels like 300 when that vtec kicks in.. I'm gonna go vote on a ban right now.
    Haha, riceboys make me laugh with their vtec idolatry. Don't they understand that vtec is a farse? It is a scam by Honda to increase HP without increasing torque. This is completely useless since we all know that torque is the only thing that accelerates a car and HP is meaningless. Oh well, at least the Prelude is one of Honda's torquier cars, which is really a joke considering how little torque it actually has.
    2002 RSX Type S

I owned a 97 sh. It was a really great car. But it was not fast in straight line performance. However, if there are any curves involved, the sh will make up for lost ground. Driving the sh made you feel confident taking the curves. It is just a really solid car, and the sh almost pulls you around the corners. (almost sounds like an RSXSucks type claim) But it really felt that way. You should be able to take a good lead and continue to walk away from him on a straightaway, though.

From my experience, a bolt-on SH vs. a stock WRX in a straightline will be close, definatley a drivers race. 5G (97+) Lude's aren't known for getting off the line with alot of pep, but 3rd gear and up is where they LOVE to stretch out on the highway. IMO, I think the WRX still carries an advatnage here, but a 4G Prelude VTEC would be a much much closer run, infact I think I'd go ahead and say the Lude would probably inch it out up top.
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

str
    my friends 97 sh can really get moving in third and fourth gear. i think he can hit about 135mph or so. still, my wrx edges him out every time.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I own a 98 VTEC Lude and I would say that your WRX will own the lude in a drag. Lude might catch up later though. The Prelude is still a damn nice car though. I don't pretend that my car is faster than WRX's although I have held quite a few out on highways (I don't understand how as I could hear their little BOV's popping away maddly trying to get past me. But here in OZ there are loads of Rice WRX's way more than hondas.)

also RSXsucks you truely are a knob jockey...

ban him please he is far worse than RSXRacer ever has been

i totalled my 4gen prelude a month ago and im looking for a nice deal on wrx now. id like to say that vtec is an ok feature, although a bit overrated in a rice world, i like to call it a gas saving feature, hey who would mind extra 30hp? Some stock 4gens run high 14s with a good drivers and several times i have seen nearly stock (only intake) lude beating wrx on a drag strip.
    I haven't driven wrxs on curvy roads yet so i can't really compare the two but lude handles great, at least mine did, espessialy after upgrading suspention. Ludes are in the same SCCA category as wrx although i personally think awd wrx has an edge over lude.

Re: Re: Re: Re: RSXsucks...

Originally posted by RSXSucks

Well, I paid $28K for my RSX and they are now offering me $10K. I guess even the dealers know that the RSX is a totally crappy car!

dude what the hell is wrong with your saying the rsx type s sucks
    the question is could you drive the thing.those things are faster then you think my friend's rsx do high 14s with a aem cold intake
    not talking about the top end.this thing is incredible anything
    after a 100 is rocket and for the top speed it does 147.2 remember it drag limited at 145.i have a wrx but i a lot of respect
    for othere car.i still beat him 0 to 100

rsx

sorry for the spelling I 'am a little busy

Pug
    Don't take RSXSucks seriously.

I have a 98 Prelude SH--the WRX will beat it in the 1/4, but my lude will do 147 (on slight uphill).
    I managed a 14.7 in the 1/4 with i/h/e/p/vafc---I did a 15.4 stock.
    Last edited by luderchris; 08-07-2002 at 09:46 AM.

Originally posted by luderchris
    I have a 98 Prelude SH--the WRX will beat it in the 1/4, but my lude will di 147 (on slight uphill).
    I managed a 14.7 in the 1/4 with i/h/e/p/vafc---I did a 15.4 stock.
    Not bad. I wish I had headers and ems.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast