had a runin with an e36M3
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on had a runin with an e36M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had a run in with a black E36 M3 on the highway yesterday, while travelling back to campus. Nice lookin ...

had a runin with an e36M3

Had a run in with a black E36 M3 on the highway yesterday, while travelling back to campus.

Nice lookin car, with some pretty large rims (looked like 18's), lowered, angel eyes with HID's, tints and some kind of exhaust. Not sure of what other mods the car had.

My car was fully laden with a couple of suitcases in the trunk, and a TurboXS TMIC, my computer, that I was bringing back with me was in the backseat, so surfice to say, the car was feeling a pretty darn sluggish..

While travelling at about 80mph, we lined up, and then he got the jump before I was ready. I wasn't ready to go, since I was still in 5th gear at this time and admiring his car, but a quick pump down to 4th gear took my turbo out of its slumber...

As I waited for the turbo to spool, his rear bumper was at my front bumper. When boost hit, I walked right by him, putting a couple of bus lengths on him up to 120mph.. It was pretty amusing because I didn't even wind out 4th gear on him... I short shifted to 5th gear (my eyes were glued to the road, and not the rev counter, and I did not want to hit the rev limiter) , and kept pulling, when I let off at 120. We made a couple more runs like this, with similar results each time.

I was pretty impressed with this driver, since I was expecting the usual flyby, but non came... Perhaps he was suprised that 227HP makes a WRX move so well on the highway? O well...

My mods include an 1820 turbo, DR500FMIC, and the fixings... at 19psi of boost, the car made around 320whp.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cool....

nice run..

good run... especially with all that junk in your trunk.

next time try for an E46 though... I am interested to see what the outcome would be on a similar 80-120 sprint.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR rex
    good run... especially with all that junk in your trunk.

next time try for an E46 though... I am interested to see what the outcome would be on a similar 80-120 sprint.
    I too am very curious... Unfortunately, 99% of the time I am on the highway, I am going home from campus, which means that the car is fully laden to to brims...

Would be nice to come across an E46 though... I suspect I will take it out too though, but definitely not by the amount I beat the E36 by...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

You will do fine against E46 M3. heck, I wacked a couple before, and you know what turbo I have.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

nice kill...that's why i'm having trouble deciding if i want to run the REX when i see one.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Nice kill... but I guess its a no-brainer with the 1820. The load on the car makes in interesting though.

Frank, do you drive a Merc ?
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

what kind of engine mgt are you running jigga?

ive seen VF34 cars take down e46's... from slow rolls though
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by Jared703
    what kind of engine mgt are you running jigga?
    Ecutek
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    ive seen VF34 cars take down e46's... from slow rolls though
    I've seen a few races also of VF34 cars taking out E46 M3's as well...

Oddly enough though, I think I am beginning to get used to the power... Kinda unfortunate really, because now I have thoughs of an FP Green on my mind... Then I gotta do injectors too, and the vicious cycle begins again....

I might stick with the 1820, but I am not entirely sure if it is enough to take out stock 03+ Cobra's from an 80mph roll.... Or perhaps I am asking too much from my poor 2.0L stock block...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by FrankW
    nice kill...that's why i'm having trouble deciding if i want to run the REX when i see one.
    hahah! I know what you mean! Kinda remids me of that saying from Forest Gump, but replace "life" with WRX's

"Wrx's are like a box of chocolate...... You never know what you're gonna get"

It's all in fun anyway... At the end of the day, You're the one in the AMG, and the other dude still has his WRX..
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by flyingace
    Nice kill... but I guess its a no-brainer with the 1820. The load on the car makes in interesting though.

Frank, do you drive a Merc ?
    yes a 02 C32. but I suck at launching the car...haha
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.