I just SPANKED a Volvo S60 R...lol

This is a discussion on I just SPANKED a Volvo S60 R...lol within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys... you must think I race all day .. but really the races come to me. I don't look ...

Banned

I just SPANKED a Volvo S60 R...lol

Hey guys... you must think I race all day .. but really the races come to me. I don't look for them. Tonight I was on my way home ot return a Movie at Blockbuster and I see this car tailing me i wasn't in the mood tonight and I was wearing sandals.. (hate that ****) LOL.. anyways I switch lanes to let the car pass and this LOSER floors it and slams on the brakes.. LOL. I was like huh a VOLVO?? wtf! I look again and see it's a s60 R.. I was like holy I read so much about this.. 5 cylinder 300 hp car. 0-60 5.3 seconds.. they are pretyy rare why not.. it was charcoal grey it actually looked pretty beefy sweet car... so I get on it and just start to play with this guy.. I gues he thaught he baugh the fastest car in the world.. anyways.. I get on it and play with him until he finally guns it I do to and by 4th i was ahead 2 -3 cars.. I whooped this guy... i get to blockbuster and guess what .. the dude pulls inn!! he was returning a movie too.. i started laughing and the guy saw me and was like Holy ****.. dude that thing is a rocket.. he told me that he loved the s60 R and that they told him it was faster than a M3 at Volvo.. I laughed at him and wished him luck.. anyways it's not slow but I wanst that impressed.. of course I am not stock... lol

383 HP
    365 lbs of TQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I raced one with my stage 2 WRX. I pulled a little in 4th gear but we were dead even in 2-3rd gears. I had my gf in my car...

best suspension system in the world. but not much else i can say...lol
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by FrankW
    best suspension system in the world. but not much else i can say...lol

not much else? you should drive it too, thing pulls pretty damn hard. i actually drove the v70r, not the s60r but i m sure they are almost the same. oh yeah, check out the interior, great seats and beautiful gauges. its a pretty fine car all around. i dont care much for s60 looks though. definitely cool suspension.
    04 PSM Rex Wgn
    5-spd

i raced my friend's a couple of times. we went from a 35mph roll and up to about 100 i started taking him, but not by a lot. This happened every time. maybe hes not a great driver, but he has been driving stick for 3 years, and i have for a month. he had an extra passenger in his car and so did i. i would like to see how i would do against him from a stop, but we havent raced yet. i will when i return to the states.

ps. this was in my r32.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
    2004 Mercedes SL500
    2003 Audi A6 3.0
    2003 VW Passat V6
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    1999 Dodge Durango SLT+

Some one's got alot of money

You have an sti and those are crank numbers ? or if they are whp, what are your mods.

Nice kill...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

I had a semi run in with an S40 today. I was going really slow because I was behind an SUV on a one lane road with double solid yellow lines. This S40 comes up behind me and almost clips my car as he passes me and the SUV. I got pissed off and went after him once the road became 2 lanes and passed the SUV. He gets caught up in light traffic and as soon as I'm about 5 cars back, he flashes his hazards and turns off the road. What a tool.

Originally posted by express_wagon
    not much else? you should drive it too, thing pulls pretty damn hard. i actually drove the v70r, not the s60r but i m sure they are almost the same. oh yeah, check out the interior, great seats and beautiful gauges. its a pretty fine car all around. i dont care much for s60 looks though. definitely cool suspension.
    I do love the seats in those , but I think my car pulls a lot harder.

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    I had a semi run in with an S40 today. I was going really slow because I was behind an SUV on a one lane road with double solid yellow lines. This S40 comes up behind me and almost clips my car as he passes me and the SUV. I got pissed off and went after him once the road became 2 lanes and passed the SUV. He gets caught up in light traffic and as soon as I'm about 5 cars back, he flashes his hazards and turns off the road. What a tool.
    where are you in CA? I had a run in w/ a brand new grey S40 the other day when I was in the loaner C240 they gave me. I let off the gas when I pulled ahead by half car length and he kept going and flashed his hazard lights.

This was in Diamond Bar CA btw. maybe we ran into the same guy. Or people who buy S40s think they're all that...lol

Originally posted by FrankW
    where are you in CA? I had a run in w/ a brand new grey S40 the other day when I was in the loaner C240 they gave me. I let off the gas when I pulled ahead by half car length and he kept going and flashed his hazard lights.

This was in Diamond Bar CA btw. maybe we ran into the same guy. Or people who buy S40s think they're all that...lol
    this was in SF. But it was a silver/grey one as well.

Originally posted by express_wagon
    The biggest problem with the s60r and Volvo's in general is an almost total lack of steering feel.

I Support ClubWRX
    I heart the V70 R. One of teh coolest wagons evar.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright